Toast

MadMundy

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 29, 2019
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Arsenal, Glory, Bulls

One of the best ruckmen of the modern era along with Dean Cox. Had a presence like no other

Thank you Sandi

Mar 11, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon

One of the best ruckmen of the modern era along with Dean Cox. Had a presence like no other

Thank you Sandi

Nowhere near the influence Cox had on his team.

Sandilands’ career is pretty underwhelming to me.

Good at palming ..but hands of rubber while marking.

Played 5 years too many..

One of the best ever ruckmen and certainly in a discussion for GOAT at Freo behind Pav. From all reports a professional but also a nice guy that gave his all for his club. A well deserved farewell game and retirement.

Yeah nah.

If anything a bit underrated.

Maybe one or two years too many, but not five.

Been absolutely superb to watch over the years, will certainly be missed. Probably top 3 all time for the club and underrated imo as a player, he wasn’t simply just there for his height
not a bad effort then to win a best and fairest at the minor premier when you’re past it. s**t call
One of the best ever ruckmen and certainly in a discussion for GOAT at Freo behind Pav. From all reports a professional but also a nice guy that gave his all for his club. A well deserved farewell game and retirement.

Yeah nah.

If anything a bit underrated.

Maybe one or two years too many, but not five.
perhaps, but even just the last couple of weeks he’s been playing pretty well and could have played a bit more at a decent level if his body would still let him

Sep 4, 2004
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Fremantle

Very average comment with the first non-Freo person post in this thread.

Four time All Australian as a WA based player. They certainly don't hand out All Australian nods to non-Vics.

Anyone want to list ruckmen with 4 or more AA's? There'll be some handy players there.

Beast. Might need to get a car to himself for the Grand Final retirement lap of honour.

tenor.gif

skilts

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Feb 14, 2002
South-West Gippsland
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Lexton, Northcote Park
I first saw him play in a pre-season practice game against my mob, when we were really good. He dominated, even though he was only a kid. I thought it should have been against the rules that a player could be that tall, and have that advantage over other ruckmen, whom he made look like short people.

For those who don't rate him, to play as many games as he did (no idea how many, but it was more than a few), with such distinction, made him an unlikely, yet elite, athlete.

Well played that man. He certainly made the most of his talent and rare physique.

Last edited:
Back