Aaron Sandilands vs Dean Cox

Aaron Sandilands or Dean Cox, who is better?

• Aaron Sandilands

• Dean Cox

Results are only viewable after voting.
AFL Club
Fremantle
Thread starter #1
Both ruckman are champions of the game, but deciding which one was better is tough. As a Dockers fan I'm leaning towards big Sandi.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

RobbyRoy

Premiership Player
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Victory
Sandilands might be better at winning a hitout but that counts for little when Cox is a billion times more useful around the ground, Cox easily.
About sums it up. In his prime Sandi was obviously more than handy, but he was still heavily reliant on his height. Cox was an excellent footballer and would've got a game even if not 2 metres tall.

jason pm

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Fortitude Valley Diehards. Chelsea.
Cox by a mile. Sandilands doesn't take anywhere near enough marks around the ground and particularly up front for his 211cm of height.

AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
MUFC, LAL, PSG
Moderator #10
Only one of those players will be remembered as a "champion of the game" and it's not Sandilands.

Cox by a long, long way.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chrizzt

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Sandilands is a beast, massive HO numbers, good HO to advantage %, and can take a good mark. Ticks all the right boxes for a good ruck.

Cox was a mastermind in the ruck though. Could be matched in ruck contests on occasions, but would have his opponent beat around the ground 9.5 times out of 10. Great overhead, was often prepared to run the ball himself, and pretty decent by foot.

Jukesy85

Team Captain
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
SF 49ers and Giants, U of Wisconsin
Why can't we have both? :D Both incredible footballers - if I could have one for one game only I'd lean towards Sandilands, but if I had to say who had the better career it's Cox. I have Cox at #44 on my all-time rankings, while Sandilands comes in at #83 (I was harsher to current players however).

For those interested, Farmer (#19), Madden (#22), Nicholls (#24), and Dempsey (#26) are the ruckmen who I rate higher than Coxy.

herculez09

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
West Coast
Why can't we have both? :D Both incredible footballers - if I could have one for one game only I'd lean towards Sandilands, but if I had to say who had the better career it's Cox. I have Cox at #44 on my all-time rankings, while Sandilands comes in at #83 (I was harsher to current players however).

For those interested, Farmer (#19), Madden (#22), Nicholls (#24), and Dempsey (#26) are the ruckmen who I rate higher than Coxy.
Have you posted your all time rankings anywhere?

Top Bottom