Aaron Sandilands vs Dean Cox

Aaron Sandilands or Dean Cox, who is better?

• Aaron Sandilands

• Dean Cox

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Jesse Dart

Rookie
Mar 5, 2015
AFL Club
Fremantle
Both ruckman are champions of the game, but deciding which one was better is tough. As a Dockers fan I'm leaning towards big Sandi.

Sandilands might be better at winning a hitout but that counts for little when Cox is a billion times more useful around the ground, Cox easily.
About sums it up. In his prime Sandi was obviously more than handy, but he was still heavily reliant on his height. Cox was an excellent footballer and would've got a game even if not 2 metres tall.

Cox by a mile. Sandilands doesn't take anywhere near enough marks around the ground and particularly up front for his 211cm of height.

Sandilands is a beast, massive HO numbers, good HO to advantage %, and can take a good mark. Ticks all the right boxes for a good ruck.

Cox was a mastermind in the ruck though. Could be matched in ruck contests on occasions, but would have his opponent beat around the ground 9.5 times out of 10. Great overhead, was often prepared to run the ball himself, and pretty decent by foot.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sandi better ruck and contested mark, Cox better at getting cheapies at half back and staging for frees

Sandi better ruck and contested mark, Cox better at getting cheapies at half back and staging for frees

On the rare occasion Sandilands did manage to hold his marks :rainbow:

Why can't we have both? :D Both incredible footballers - if I could have one for one game only I'd lean towards Sandilands, but if I had to say who had the better career it's Cox. I have Cox at #44 on my all-time rankings, while Sandilands comes in at #83 (I was harsher to current players however).

For those interested, Farmer (#19), Madden (#22), Nicholls (#24), and Dempsey (#26) are the ruckmen who I rate higher than Coxy.

Why can't we have both? :D Both incredible footballers - if I could have one for one game only I'd lean towards Sandilands, but if I had to say who had the better career it's Cox. I have Cox at #44 on my all-time rankings, while Sandilands comes in at #83 (I was harsher to current players however).

For those interested, Farmer (#19), Madden (#22), Nicholls (#24), and Dempsey (#26) are the ruckmen who I rate higher than Coxy.
Have you posted your all time rankings anywhere?

Back