Aarts suspended for four games

Remove this Banner Ad

Hey guys sorry if opposition opinion isn't want here.

I just had to come over here because I thought the trial by media on this was way over the top. I have listened to two interviews, one on the ABC and the other on Neil Mitchell 3AW talking with Martin O'Sullivan and on both occasions no mention on how he managed to get so much air time. Martin O'Sullivan happens to be Husband of Karen O'Sullivan former channel seven reporter, point being at no time was this small piece of information disclosed.

Does anyone think they could get as much traction in the media without asking for a few old favors?

FWIW I thought the incident was unintentional contact with the head, sure Aarts was trying to make contact and i'm sure he was aiming to crunch O'Sullivan across the shoulder and make contact. Should he be suspended? Probably. Should Aarts have been hung out to dry via media favors? No.

4 weeks is an awful lot - did the other guy break a few ribs or lose a kidney or something.
Also, I don’t get this 1 week now and first 3 rounds of next year thing.
Arts has been in great form and hypothetically if Rioli does not get up for Friday, Arts would have come under serious consideration.

4 weeks is insane and needs to be challenged.
It was your garden variety late spoil that went a bit high. 1 week if it was sufficient force, that's it.
4 weeks is usually reserved for someone full on belting someone or charging in full steam and collecting someones noggin with a hip and shoulder.

It was an ugly incident, but not intentional. I thought at the time two weeks, but a severely fractured face didn’t help Aarts cause. Both players had their backs to me so it was hard to see what part of Aarts body hit his face.
In the end the head is sacrosanct and must be protected and players all know this . Same incident to a Tiger player and we would want the same.

4 weeks is an awful lot - did the other guy break a few ribs or lose a kidney or something.
Also, I don’t get this 1 week now and first 3 rounds of next year thing.
Arts has been in great form and hypothetically if Rioli does not get up for Friday, Arts would have come under serious consideration.
OK - I went too early with this post.
Watching on tv it looked like he copped him hard on the body only - did not see head-high contact.
Fractured face not good - 4 weeks? Maybe....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back