Abblet high contact again

Remove this Banner Ad

the North guy was trying to avoid contact to continue his run. Gaz literally changed direction to block him and subsequently elbowed him in the head. It's definitely intentional contact but will probably be insufficient force.

The North player was coming at GAJ at such high speed and therefore force that GAJ had no hope in keeping his arms below his head. I also think the North player slightly ducked to be honest which led to that slight head high contact. Didn't see any malice and ill intent in Gary's eyes, he is just not that type of guy. I think also age is playing a factor, younger GAJ would've had the upper body strength to keep that contact low.

The FoxFooty commentators don't seem to think there's much in this somehow, but this is a completely unnecessary elbow to the head for the second week in a row...

Thoughts?

Will get less time than Durdin

The North player was coming at GAJ at such high speed and therefore force that GAJ had no hope in keeping his arms below his head. I also think the North player slightly ducked to be honest which led to that slight head high contact. Didn't see any malice and ill intent in Gary's eyes, he is just not that type of guy. I think also age is playing a factor, younger GAJ would've had the upper body strength to keep that contact low.

Lol.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Alright.....

Changes direction elbow raised and cocked, Cats fans will defend him again, but should get done this time. However I expect Michael Christian to be gun shy after last week and just issue a fine.

Jumps up and at him with a raised elbow when the ball is long gone.

Only thing that might save him a week off might be the level of force.

But yeh.. fair player and all that..

Alright.....
Good to know we're on the same page. I hate to see his name being besmirched unfairly. The clash was clumsy at worst. That said GAJ should really give up the arm blocks a rest for a while and concentrate on tackling instead, much safer that way and won't risk being up for the MRP.

And if he does he will suffer the consequences.
So what I’m saying is.. isn’t it better to stamp out an obvious problem early, before someone is put in hospital? Not malicious enough for a 4+ weeker but it definitely deserves 1-2 for the stupidity to do it a second time. Would give him enough time to think and reconsider leading with elbows and raised arms..

Changes direction elbow raised and cocked, Cats fans will defend him again, but should get done this time. However I expect Michael Christian to be gun shy after last week and just issue a fine.
Nah, Gary's doing it to troll Richmond BF posters now

So what I’m saying is.. isn’t it better to stamp out an obvious problem early, before someone is put in hospital? Not malicious enough for a 4+ weeker but it definitely deserves 1-2 for the stupidity to do it a second time. Would give him enough time to think and reconsider leading with elbows and raised arms..
I agree it's stupid (although unintentional imo) just don't think you can rub someone out if the force isn't there.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back