Radio ABC and SEN Commentary team changes

Remove this Banner Ad

This "more of a soccer fan" criticism of Francis Leach is the most ridiculous thing I've heard. It's as though one can't possibly be a fan of more than one footy code.
I agree.

Gerard Whateley is "more of a horse racing fan" than he is AFL (which is a fact). Does that detract from his ability as an AFL journo/commentator? No, he's still the best.

Drew Morphett grew up watching rugby league and is a massive cricket fan. He had never watched Aussie rules until he was forced to when he was about 19-20. Does that make him less of an AFL commentary legend? No, he learnt the game and is one of the best.

So shut up about Leach.

listened with interest today. BT was quite belittling of AW saying he learnt a lot about the history of footy, but nothing about current day Ay Eff Ell Football. of course the others at MMM goaded him about why he left, and encouraged and enabled the piss taking of AW. but BT didnt defend his former employer at all, only to say they are nice people.

Typical MMM. Brayshaw thinks he's God's gift to broadcasting and has a crack at people who get ahead of themselves.

Take a look in the mirror James, you twerp.

Taylor is just a meathead.

i noticed for the game in Perth they had Gerard Whateley and the guy that does the games in Perth, Clint Wheeldon doing the call it was a mixed crew is this normal for finals?

I agree.

Gerard Whateley is "more of a horse racing fan" than he is AFL (which is a fact). Does that detract from his ability as an AFL journo/commentator? No, he's still the best.

Drew Morphett grew up watching rugby league and is a massive cricket fan. He had never watched Aussie rules until he was forced to when he was about 19-20. Does that make him less of an AFL commentary legend? No, he learnt the game and is one of the best.

So shut up about Leach.

nah Gerard Whateley inability to put aside his bias against Ross Lyon and Freo is unprofessional and he is in the Basil Zempalis class. the buffoon class

(Log in to remove this ad.)

well Clint Wheeldon was calling with Gerard and he would not do that since he is from perth i wonder if he has any bias against Ross Lyon and Freo

I agree.

So shut up about Leach.

Don't disagree with your main point on commentators backgrounds.

But I have to say, I always found Frank to be a whiny PC little bitch who has an annoying sycophantic manner that is exemplified by his over the top girlish giggle whenever someone he works with makes something approaching a witticism.

6a00e0097e4e688833014e604cdf18970c-320wi

Can't for the life of me see why one of the TV networks hasn't picked him up.
Good looking bloke.

Gosh Finey in the mornings is terrible. Sounds like 3am shift rather than 7am.

OK everybody go home. I'm listening via iTunes podcast and ****ed up. He's still on in the evenings and still circle jerking with Rohan over the dons.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back