Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 27, 2007
Fremantle
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Arsenal
http://www.tvtonight.com.au/2010/07/abc-news-24-launch-july-22.html

ABC News 24 will launch Thursday July 22nd at 7:30pm with ABC News 24 Launch – ABC News Special.

The first program will be a simulcast with ABC1, but will go head to head with the last MasterChef elimination before its final on Sunday 25th.

ABC News 24’s first hour will bring an examination of national and international news with stories from Australian regions and cities; reports from Asia, Europe and the US; and analysis of the political, social and economic trends that will impact this election year and beyond.

Will be interesting to see how it goes.

Should be interesting. Puts them in front in terms of breaking news but none of the digitial channels (Go, 72, One) have really big figures, despite having some really good content. It might impact pay TV more than anything.

Looking forward to it. It may also free up some room on ABC2 for more quality content.

Sounds like they're simulcasting the News Breakfast with ABC2 though which is dumb.

Won't watch it much to be honest unless they have the election night coverage on there.

I would say that's it.

I actually don't mind too much because my digital hard disk recorder isn't HD-compatible, and there's a number of programs on ABC1 and ABC2 that I like to tape.

Anyway, I have a 37in Full HD Panasonic LCD, and to be honest I can barely tell the difference between HD and SD. If anything it only makes a small amount of difference when I'm watching sport.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

What a start. What a lead story. Leading all the news today, couldnt ask for a better start.

Thoroughly enjoyed The Drum as well. Then, after that, I played Gamecube so I missed the next program. Will definitely become my default station if there's nothing on.

I think a lot of people may only standard defintion set top boxes (they should stop selling them- you will lose abc24 + one hd as soon as ten introduce the third channel).

Am enjoying ABC24- brilliant channel so far.

saw a bit of the launch last night.
kathy freeman was doing something boring.

:-/

Yeah, skipped that. Only watched three or four of the stories in the first hour. Think they were:

-- Rudd and security
-- Chicago gangs
-- London games

Was flicking between that and Masterchef.

I think it more people with only SD digital tuners who can't watch the HD channels.

Nope.

I prefer to watch all TV in HD, the BBC HD nature docos on ABC HD looked spectacular.

There is a large difference in image quality for shows shot in HD, this is especially noticeable with a large (ie 50+ inch) screen TV. More and more TV is being shot in HD these days, but I guess this is just another area of technology we'll languish behind the rest of the developed world in.

Doesn't matter if news is in HD or SD, its just news. Shows like Planet Earth or BBC Life on the other hand.

ah yes... 24 hours, and NOT A SINGLE SECOND OF NEWS ABOUT PARIS HILTON, JENNIFER ANISTON OR NEW IDEA TABLOID RUBBISH!

the only downside:
You dont know when to stop to watch!
this is an extremely addictive channel, especially given how relevant all stories are

Remove this Banner Ad

Back