ABC presenters and their pay - do you care? Should we know?

Remove this Banner Ad

Black tie and fez. Eggs and Bacon.

How many employees does the ABC have? BBC has over 20k. Staggering waste of cash.

I could improve them immediately. Get rid of that giggling fool Michael Rowland from the breakfast tv, get rid of Gerard Whateley. Heck, I would give the 300k they save to Latika Bourke's dress budget/expenses. She is entertaining in a ambitious hipster on the make kindof-way. Not impressed with her as a journo, but impressed with what she does.

Of course the public should know, we are paying for it.

While the salaries of their top performers are less than those with comparable roles on commercial networks, these networks are revenue raising enterprises that need and can afford to be competitive.
I am happy to pay for the best journalism in the country, especially as I pay far below the salaries the commercial hacks demand.

If you are happy to pay for it then you must be happy for it to be privatised then ie pay per view.

Or do you mean you are happy for others to pay for it?

Ummmm See thru paper....I mean ...Leigh Sales.....:oops:

i am not a fan of anyone on the abc, except latika bourke for entertainment. but leigh sales deserves the coin by virtue of her position.big fan of amy bainbridge actually.

And they could bring in Cassandra Wilkinson 5 nights a week on The Drum, and have Julia Baird every night. Bruce did something good. It is funny when he is one of the commentators and she is compare

The 7 cents a day we all contribute should be made to be an opt in or out option.

I could improve them immediately. Get rid of that giggling fool Michael Rowland from the breakfast tv, get rid of Gerard Whateley. Heck, I would give the 300k they save to Latika Bourke's dress budget/expenses. She is entertaining in a ambitious hipster on the make kindof-way. Not impressed with her as a journo, but impressed with what she does.

Get rid of ABC News Breakfast. Such a stupid idea. Who wakes up in the early morning and puts the TV on only to be bored back to sleep?

Keep Gerard Whateley, but stipulate in his contract he is not allowed to work for Foxtel.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

haha, "clever"/ bruce. Tempted to make it my sig.

well, i reckon you could be tony jones, both of you caught as number one fans of hitch22 caught fellating the old codger in hyde park, or was than alan jones?

if i could wake up to cassandra wilkinson's eyes every morning i would be a happy man and put up with the feminists from portlandia lessos actually long hair cos no lady over 35 should have long hair

I don't need to know but at the same time I do not see why this information shouldn't be disclosed.

Personally I think any employee over $150k should have to disclose their salary in financial statements if financial statements require lodgement to ASIC.

If you are happy to pay for it then you must be happy for it to be privatised then ie pay per view.

I pay you pay...though really I could not give a rats arse what anyone too stupid to appreciate the quality the ABC and SBS offer over the commercial or pay tv channels trash. those people should incur a stupidy tax.
The same type who actually believe Macca's and KFC are restaurants, The ones wearing out concrete standing still and crippling our school system teaching the idiot out of their kids.

The usual holier than thou attempted snobbery and belittling of the common man.

How dare people think for themselves. How dare they CHOOSE.

They need to be told what is good for them.

ABC and quality. On a par with Goldman Sachs and business ethics.

The usual holier than thou attempted snobbery and belittling of the common man.

How dare people think for themselves. How dare they CHOOSE.

They need to be told what is good for them.

ABC and quality. On a par with Goldman Sachs and business ethics.

i like (see:dont like) your definition of think tho meds. You sort of make out it is a function like a bowel movement.

would you be happy to pay to watch channel 7, 9 or 10? or pay to read the daily terrorgraph.

for all fairfax's and abc's issue's at least the people working there can construct sentences longer than six words.

imagine what the pleb's who read murdoch's rags would have to do if they were all to suddenly vanish into thin air. they might actually have to learn something. disastrous.

I pay you pay...though really I could not give a rats arse what anyone too stupid to appreciate the quality the ABC and SBS offer over the commercial or pay tv channels trash. those people should incur a stupidy tax.
The same type who actually believe Macca's and KFC are restaurants, The ones wearing out concrete standing still and crippling our school system teaching the idiot out of their kids.
They do in a way.

It's the price of the Daily Telegraph or any other Murchoch publication......

People who can't spell stupidity should definitely have to pay it :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back