FTA-TV ABC Tv as a kid - memories.

Remove this Banner Ad

Random program lineup for Thursday, March 15, 1990

3:55 Thomas the Tank Engine
4:00 Play School
4:30 T-Bag Strikes Again
4:50 Superted
5:00 The Afternoon Show (featuring Count Duckula and The Gemini Factor)
6:00 Countdown Revolution
6:30 Eastenders

Random program lineup for Thursday, March 15, 1990

3:55 Thomas the Tank Engine
4:00 Play School
4:30 T-Bag Strikes Again
4:50 Superted
5:00 The Afternoon Show (featuring Count Duckula and The Gemini Factor)
6:00 Countdown Revolution
6:30 Eastenders

I still watch Eastenders on UK TV..a girls gotta have a soap to watch

The Secret World of Alex Mack
The Genie From Down Under
The Ferals
Captain Planet
Widget The World Watcher
Chuck Finn

My mind still boggles that Mig Ayesa who played "Joe" on The Ferals was on Rockstar INXS and did very well.

mig_wideweb__430x333.jpg

My mind still boggles that Mig Ayesa who played "Joe" on The Ferals was on Rockstar INXS and did very well.

mig_wideweb__430x333.jpg

Lol, I didn't know that, thanks for posting. I can remember seeing this guy on a TV ad for jeans.

On a separate but related topic, think on the Ferals one of the other human characters, a blonde called Robbie was in a band of some sort? Can remember her holding/playing a guitar frequently.

Lol, I didn't know that, thanks for posting. I can remember seeing this guy on a TV ad for jeans.

On a separate but related topic, think on the Ferals one of the other human characters, a blonde called Robbie was in a band of some sort? Can remember her holding/playing a guitar frequently.
There was also that chick from You Can't Do That On Television who had a bit of success.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The earliest TV Week I have is from 1976. This is a programming line up from Friday, March 12.

3:15 Bill and Ben
3:30 Play School
4:00 Sesame Street
4:55 Adventure Island
5:20 Mr. Squiggle
5:35 Lassie
6:00 Swiss Family Robinson
6:25 Filopat and Patafil
6:30 Dr. Who

So I've randomly come across this thread whilst Googling searching for something related to Countdown Revolution. I used to watch that show pretty regularly, particularly on Friday nights when they would show the top ten. Does anyone remember the night that the presenters staged a live on air protest? They were protesting the fact that bands that came in to perform would be directed to mime, and the fact that they were being asked to say things they did not believe, for example, that they liked New Kids On The Block. The ABC ended up cutting them off and playing clips, and the presenters, Mark Little and Tania Lacy, were fired.

80s:
Count Duckula
superted
play school
seseme st
cities of gold
voltron (machine version)
voltron (lion version)
G-Force (Battle of the planets)
mr squiggle (the man on the moon)
Chronicles of Narnia
bananaman
wombles (of wimbledon)
Ulysses 31
the real ghostbusters
Goodies
Astroboy
danger mouse
sooty
Monkey Magic
wind in the willows
roger ramjet

and in my mature years
The Bill

When I lived in a small town in the late 80s all we had for a TV station was the ABC. So lots of kids shows, rage, Gp, The Bill, etc.

Same. Mum loved GP, Dad loved the Bill, so I saw plenty of them as a kid.

When GWN first arrived in our town as an alternative to ABC we suddenly felt like we were spoilt for choice... two whole channels, so exciting!!!

Now I get annoyed that the Olympics are only shown on three channels haha.

Same. Mum loved GP, Dad loved the Bill, so I saw plenty of them as a kid.

When GWN first arrived in our town as an alternative to ABC we suddenly felt like we were spoilt for choice... two whole channels, so exciting!!!

Now I get annoyed that the Olympics are only shown on three channels haha.

With us we eventually got Imparja but then something went wrong with the tower soon after it went live and went back to solo ABC for a couple more months.

Like you its now over 20 channels and there's nothing on. :p

Remove this Banner Ad

Back