Abetz attacks the media for mocking the Christian Right

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm of the opinion that we should teach philosophy to young kids at school, and religion is tied up in that. To teach people to think about thinking is really important.
My opinion is that schools should teach kids to read,write,add up and respect for other people and their property
Then start on the more advanced stuff

Islam is not a flexible beast. There is only one Koran. It's about hating and killing those who disagree with Islam. It's about conquering. Mohammed, he was immoral. He was a bloodthirsty man. He was terrible man, and Muslims can read that in his biography -- what he did to Jews, how he raped women, how he killed people. He killed everyone who didn't agree with him,
There's only one Bible too. With all sorts of interpretations. The Koran is no different. By far the majority of Muslim scholars will tell you it is not about hating and killing.

If you want talk about hating and killing have a good hard look at Christianity. It has a very sorry record. The Catholic church even offered solace to Hitler. Judaism also has a record of inhumanity and is practicing it as we speak.

The zealots from all religions have much to answer for when it comes to inhumanity and violence.

Yeah the touchy feely stuff didn't go on back then....

The 'touchy feely stuff' goes on with all of them.

Christianity today is a different beast today than what it was 1600 years ago but Islam has not changed one iota.

Much of Christianity is a business. Sure they started off with the hearts & minds thing, well more like the Spanish Inquisition & Excommunication thing. The Catholics represent 'old money' The fleeced the 'new world' & the poor for centuries. Today the manage all that money in the world of business & high finance. The new age Happy Clappers, mainly in the USA, are just starting out in the 'business' of religion.

The Islamics have always been a mix of the religion & culture of their origin. Hence the culture of the Asian muslim is different to that of the middle east muslim, as well as the various schisms within the religion.

Just focusing on the extreme Muslim is a mistake. The extremists are not the majority. They kill a lot more of their own than of the infidels.

It might suit some to over generalise the situation. But it doesnt help find solutions to reduce the effects of the extremists. In fact it plays into their hands. Divide & conquer.

Some people are unfortunately just too dumb to see it. I think they hope for death & disaster to make them feel how smart they are & 'I told you so'. Offering some actual solutions is just too difficult for some.

I don't know much about the Koran, but who wrote it? The Bible is a collection of works, and Christians put emphasis on some parts more than others. The gospels have the most significance as they contain the recorded utterances of Jesus of Nazareth.

I don't know much about the Koran, but who wrote it? The Bible is a collection of works, and Christians put emphasis on some parts more than others. The gospels have the most significance as they contain the recorded utterances of Jesus of Nazareth.

No one knows who wrote the bible either, the first or second testaments. Both the Bible & Koran are so open to interpretation by various sects & factions that it makes them worthless as text to treat as historical fact, or as a recipe for life. Parts of them are no doubt of use as guides to how to live in a peaceful manner, if you want to. But clearly they are so open & full of holes that let the nutters of both sides justify almost anything with their personal & often bitter & contested interpretations.

My point was in part in response to this:

At least Daesh actually take literally their scriptures, rather than hypocriticly pick, and choose bits, and pieces from their holy books to suit their agenda.

Now, it's accepted that the different books of The Bible were written by different people, so it's understandable that there may be contradictions and one part may be given more focus than other parts by various people.

Is it generally accepted that the Prophet wrote all of the Koran?

And BTW, to cross pollinate arguments, I would strongly suggest you can't have a problem with "at least Daesh" if you have a problem with "at least the Nazis"...

The religious right are very keen to drape themselves in faith, and yet seem to want to act in antithesis manner. If you're going to use your faith to oppose gay marriage, or abortion, that's fine, but then don't constantly kick the meek, and downtrodden, because I'm fairly sure the Bible doesn't encourage that sort of thing.

The religious right are very keen to drape themselves in faith, and yet seem to want to act in antithesis manner. If you're going to use your faith to oppose gay marriage, or abortion, that's fine, but then don't constantly kick the meek, and downtrodden, because I'm fairly sure the Bible doesn't encourage that sort of thing.

For a lot of them 'religion' gives them their righteous power in their own nasty little minds. Doing Gods work, (as they see it) And thats the problem. They are the worst sort of arrogant, self righteous, sanctimonious 'zealots'. A pox on them. They cause a dam site more misery than they ever fix.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The "godless left" is a pretty puzzling comment too, I've met plenty of Christians who are leftys. Some argue that their faith instructs them to be so.

The catholic church has had real problems with those priests who are 'leftists'

You know, the ones who actually care about the poor & oppressed, in Catholic 'strongholds' like South America & the Philipines, but in other places as well.!!!

I often shake my head about the USA, such God fearing people, yet so hateful of the poor in their own country.

"Negro" lolol what a stupid arsehole and racist campaigner. What does he say when there's no microphones?

If the Tasmanian Liberals have any sense, which they don't, they'll dump him down the Senate ticket next preselection. He's never getting back into the ministry.

is anyone really surprised?
against pro choice
against gay people getting married
singles out muslims exclusively as a threat
cries about the war against christians.

frankly i'd be surprised if he didn't somehow find his way to racist slurrs. Although its rather poetic that he call's a Justice of united states supreme court a negro in the middle of arse half attempt to disarm the obvious analogy between discrimination in regards to race and discrimination in regards to sexual orientation. To top it off by illustrating just how ****ed in the head this bloke is, he closes his statement with:

"in fact trying to bring race into it, has now been completely dropped"

Eric, buddy, old pal, i hate to break it to you but
A) nobody was bringing race into it, its a simple analogy nobodies saying gay people are a race.
B) you just brought race into it.

I wonder if old Eric knows one of the few times Thomas has spoken frankly about the racism he experienced and battled to overcome once said: "But (i was) even more bitter toward those ostensibly unprejudiced whites who pretended to side with black people while using them to further their own political and social ends"

in other words he can see right through Eric Von Abetz.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back