Ablett a protected species

Remove this Banner Ad

jonbe54

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 18, 2009
Rural paradise
AFL Club
Collingwood
Having got off of 2 consecutive DELIBERATE high contact charges - both times he even jumped to get high enough - it is clear that Abblett will be allowed to play and do as he pleases, add this to the incredibly soft draw for the cats and the strategy is clear for all to see.

Hopefully we can play a blinder and poke the AFL in the eye - manipulating bastards!

i just watched the verdict thing. I dont think anyone could see any consistency in these elbow decisions. In some of them, the outcome doesnt seem to matter too much but in others, like Fife's and Ablett's the fact that the players walked away appears to be the only consideration.

I am more surprised about the Fife one than the Ablett one. Gary was probably trying to protect himself a little, but Fife's one is an intentional act of raising the elbow..... no fine nothing...

To draw a comparison, if you shoot someone and kill them, it is more serious than if you just wound them...... we can all agree on that. However, if you shoot towards someone and miss, then you need to get some penalty.....something..

i just watched the verdict thing. I dont think anyone could see any consistency in these elbow decisions. In some of them, the outcome doesnt seem to matter too much but in others, like Fife's and Ablett's the fact that the players walked away appears to be the only consideration.

I am more surprised about the Fife one than the Ablett one. Gary was probably trying to protect himself a little, but Fife's one is an intentional act of raising the elbow..... no fine nothing...

To draw a comparison, if you shoot someone and kill them, it is more serious than if you just wound them...... we can all agree on that. However, if you shoot towards someone and miss, then you need to get some penalty.....something..

How was Gary trying to protect himself?
In this weekends incident, he pushed his forearm/elbow to the left of his body to hit the opponent.
Had to jump and stretch!

I thought this week's incident was worse than last weeks with Ablett. Yet last week he copped the (overturned) 1 week, this week not even a fine?

There was not much in it, but leaving the ground to elbow a bloke in the head is an ugly look that would see any lesser player rubbed out, let alone doing it twice in two weeks.

If anyone thinks Ablett deserves a suspension is soft as butter but are also the same ones complaining that the games gone soft and complain about umpires.

Nothing in it, north player got straight back up and didn't react, clearly nothing in it.

I agree.

Another 1 is Daisy Pearce. Not questioning her knowledge of the game.. but this constant reference to her being a superstar is bullshit. F 7 possessions a game avg and below avg in a lot of other aspects of the game.

Pretty obvious why the afl protects some players.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Chrisso is gun shy - got smacked last week and now the precedent has been set.
An elbow to the head is ok as long as the impact is judged as low. All pretty clear.Three cases to prove the point.

How was Gary trying to protect himself?
In this weekends incident, he pushed his forearm/elbow to the left of his body to hit the opponent.
Had to jump and stretch!

well i'm saying that it could be interpreted as protecting himself. He seems to have a habit of putting his arm up and jumping off the ground when he is going to come into contact with another player. I'm not saying he's innocent. I just thought Fyfe was more clearly at fault. I feel a bit sorry for michael christian because he is supposed to implement these rules and a lot of people dont like it when it affects high profile players. 10 years ago hardly anyone would have blinked if they saw what these guys did, and now everyone is howling at the moon. At least we found one thing out with this "new simple" process of doing the tribunal thing.... that it's impossible to make a simple process to judge hits on the footy field. We might as well go back to the bad old days when the tribunal sat and judged every incident and no one knew how they decided things....

I was going to mention that too but thought I'd just let the cricket talk pass through to the keeper.
Lol
Very very good.

Dealt with that googly very well.

Chrisso is gun shy - got smacked last week and now the precedent has been set.
An elbow to the head is ok as long as the impact is judged as low. All pretty clear.Three cases to prove the point.

People jump to some weird conclusions. He explained that the impact this week was significantly less and that the contact above the shoulders was only a small proportion of the hit, thereby reducing it below a suspension and below a fine. He applies the guidelines as consistently as we've ever seen knowing full well that players have the tribunal safety net.

For mine, I think the correct outcome was achieved in both the GAJ incidents.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back