Ablett a protected species

Remove this Banner Ad

Both incidents involved Insufficient force to warrant a suspension. No issue from me, should just be a free kick for too high.
Not even a fine jmac its not good enough.

That’s consistent with the Brodie Mihocek Hit on Tom Liberatore earlier in the year?

(Thrown out by the MRP, no fine ... free kick + 50 meter penalty deemed sufficient punishment)

I agree.

Another 1 is Daisy Pearce. Not questioning her knowledge of the game.. but this constant reference to her being a superstar is ********. F 7 possessions a game avg and below avg in a lot of other aspects of the game.

Pretty obvious why the afl protects some players.

Nana Mouskouri is a doll.

Tuesday hugs xo

Allowed to raise your elbow and hit people in the head but can’t tackle or shepperd someone in case they accidentally hit their head on the ground. Yep AFL is heading in the right direction.

Yeah, that's the only possible conclusion.

People jump to some weird conclusions. He explained that the impact this week was significantly less and that the contact above the shoulders was only a small proportion of the hit, thereby reducing it below a suspension and below a fine. He applies the guidelines as consistently as we've ever seen knowing full well that players have the tribunal safety net.

For mine, I think the correct outcome was achieved in both the GAJ incidents.

Ablett veered offline to effect a block/shepherd, which he implemented by jumping in the air with a raised forearm... all I'll say is Gary was very lucky it was Rob Tarrant and not Scott Thompson who arrived first on the scene... Protected species, you bet he is..

Ablett veered offline to effect a block/shepherd, which he implemented by jumping in the air with a raised forearm... all I'll say is Gary was very lucky it was Rob Tarrant and not Scott Thompson who arrived first on the scene... Protected species, you bet he is..

Happy to agree to disagree. Forearm barely grazed the side of his head so next to zero impact and I'd be horrified if any Collingwood player was fined or suspended for that. Don't see why Ablett should be more accountable. IMHO the only mistake made was the free kick should have been downfield or a 50m penalty, whichever was further. Ablett's actions were clumsy and poorly applied but that in and of itself doesn't merit a fine or suspension. Protected species claim (derived from the incidents of the last 2 weeks) is a myth and to be filed with other such myths like he's the GOAT.

Someone will end up with a broken jaw and the afl will have a knee jerk reaction to it just a matter of time

Someone will end up with a broken jaw and the afl will have a knee jerk reaction to it just a matter of time

If a jaw gets broken then there's obviously sufficient impact to merit a suspension.

I can't recall a time when the match review system has ever been more clearly or more consistently applied.

If a jaw gets broken then there's obviously sufficient impact to merit a suspension.

I can't recall a time when the match review system has ever been more clearly or more consistently applied.

See there’s my problem right there, these incidents are being judged solely on the outcome and not the intent... if some guy is on the ground and I go to kick his head off and miss, what’s the call ?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Fyfe should definitely have gone Ablett is walking a fine line in my opinion

See there’s my problem right there, these incidents are being judged solely on the outcome and not the intent... if some guy is on the ground and I go to kick his head off and miss, what’s the call ?

No, it's the impact and intent. They generally define the outcome.

Footy is full of incidents where punches etc have been thrown and not connected and while I don't condone the throwing of a punch if there isn't any contact then there is actually no case to answer. High intent, zero impact. On reflection, the player who threw the punch would reflect 1 he's a dickhead for throwing a punch and 2 he's made himself look a complete dawk for not connecting.

I don't particularly like the look of the Ablett or Fyfe incidents or the outcome in the Durdin case, but they're consistent with everything the AFL tell us, clubs, and most importantly players.

Fyfe should definitely have gone Ablett is walking a fine line in my opinion

Again, an ugly look, raising the elbow shows high intent, next to no impact, slap on the dick with a wet tram ticket. Slightly better connection, slightly higher impact and he gets a fine. Even better connection and significantly higher impact he gets weeks.

If anyone thinks Ablett deserves a suspension is soft as butter but are also the same ones complaining that the games gone soft and complain about umpires.

Nothing in it, north player got straight back up and didn't react, clearly nothing in it.

Difference between soft and thuggery. As a player I didn't realise you should be under the expectation to have an elbow in the head.

Grimes and Cousins both suspended for similar incidents throughout the year

Part of me agrees with you, but it's the same in the real world. You're not going to get done for assault if your haymaker misses its target.

Difference between soft and thuggery. As a player I didn't realise you should be under the expectation to have an elbow in the head.

Grimes and Cousins both suspended for similar incidents throughout the year
Ablett hasn't been suspended in 350 odd games he is no thug and what he did is in no means a thuggery act.

See....this is what happens when Brownlow medallists try to be tough guys! They're just no good at it!
Need to bring in a proper coat hanger coach to show em how it's really done!
download.jpg

See....this is what happens when Brownlow medallists try to be tough guys! They're just no good at it!
Need to bring in a proper coat hanger coach to show em how it's really done!View attachment 674013

If they had been miked, the truth would have come out......Banksy says "hey Rhys - there is a big mosquito about to land on your chin - l’ll get it for you". Rhys Jones "oh, cheers Banksy"

Need to bring in a proper coat hanger coach to show em how it's really done!
View attachment 674013
Everyone in the ground, (even Rhys) knew it was coming...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back