Ablett/Danger/Selwood best midfield trio since Cousins/Judd/Kerr?

Remove this Banner Ad

Funny how you are currently THE biggest contributor to this thread. Your obsession with Geelong is flattering but misguided. I don't care what you think
I don't know where Hawthorn FC find them but they get stupider with each passing year.

You haven’t won a comp with Mitchell yet so it’s been a failure as well.

Both teams at very different positions in preparing for their next challenge. You guys should be competing, we are "rebuilding" after three-peating... Mitchell a 24 year old star midfielder who will play for the next 8 years VS Ablett who you will be lucky to get 20 games out of..... horses for courses.

A non deluded Geelong fan is as likely as the contents of your avatar it seems.

Deluded about what, exactly?

Deluded about the fairly obvious problems we have in terms of depth across our list that literally all of us acknowledge? The problems we seem to have in lifting to match opposition intensity come finals time? The problems we have in terms of tall marking forwards? The problems we are facing in the defensive end as far as key position defenders go? What is the f***ing delusion you’re alluring to? It’s like you’re actually fantasising that we all think we are going to stroll to a premiership next year.

Your arguing against a point that f***-all of us have made.

Deluded about what, exactly?

Deluded about the fairly obvious problems we have in terms of depth across our list that literally all of us acknowledge? The problems we seem to have in lifting to match opposition intensity come finals time? The problems we have in terms of tall marking forwards? The problems we are facing in the defensive end as far as key position defenders go? What is the f***ing delusion you’re alluring to? It’s like you’re actually fantasising that we all think we are going to stroll to a premiership next year.

Your arguing against a point that f***-all of us have made.

Lol damn, I must really get under your skin... you love quoting me.
Your team is f***ed, you made stupid decisions recruiting an old dusty relic for sentimental reasons.

In terms of bolded: you blokes believe premierships are your birthright you're that deluded. Saying this is the best midfield quartet ever etc. How embarrassing. Get a grip. The fall off the cliff is going to be a steep in, strap yourself in.

Lol damn, I must really get under your skin... you love quoting me.
Your team is f***ed, you made stupid decisions recruiting an old dusty relic for sentimental reasons.

In terms of bolded: you blokes believe premierships are your birthright you're that deluded. Saying this is the best midfield quartet ever etc. How embarrassing. Get a grip. The fall off the cliff is going to be a steep in, strap yourself in.

How many of us are saying that? They haven’t played a game together yet.

You’re arguing against something that isn’t being postulated. You’d get under my skin if you made a relevant point once in a while. But you haven’t.

Maybe we will fall off the cliff. Maybe we will finally finish below 14th (if history is any guide we won’t). Maybe Dermott Brereton will wear a strap-on and give it to a life-sized sex-doll that looks like himself on national TV.
Who the hell knows? But the sheer desperation that comes across in your posts for this whole thing to fail is rather entertaining.

If we don’t win the comp, so be it. At least we are giving it a crack year after year.
I’d rather try that and fail than pin our hopes on being s**t for a while and just assuming that it will automatically lead to success.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I love Hawthorn/Geelong shitfights. So much funnier than the other Bigfooty rivalries.

Me too, though in this case it’s fairly one sided. The Hawthorn aspect is absolutely irrelevant. For all I know they’ll come out and go unbeaten next year and I’m not really in the habit of making predictions otherwise.

Less of a pissing contest than most Hawthorn-Geelong arguments.

I love Hawthorn/Geelong shitfights. So much funnier than the other Bigfooty rivalries.

I find it amusing but weird. Being in Perth I no animosity to hawthorn beyond them just being a really good opposition team. Didn’t even know it was a thing till big footy.

What does it say about every other team that 16 of them kicked less goals than we did. We were 6th in defence too. Not bad considering our best defender spent half a season forward.

We traded out a pick 19 that we didn’t even have two weeks ago. We basically got Ablett for Motlop, who turns up twice a year.

Another quality effort from you.
At this stage you have to say Motlop is better than Ablett. And that's without mentioning Motlop has an extra 4-5 seasons more than Gaz

At this stage you have to say Motlop is better than Ablett. And that's without mentioning Motlop has an extra 4-5 seasons more than Gaz
Are you still in primary school young fella?

Either that or you legit have no ******* idea.

You may need an alt account to continue here with...

If fit:

This is the most inaccurate statement I’ve ever read. On anything.

Are you still in primary school young fella?

Either that or you legit have no ******* idea.

You may need an alt account to continue here with...
Ridicule me as you will, but recruiting Ablett will be a mistake. He is a champion of the game, but he is cooked. I would rather Motlop on my list than Ablett for 2018

I will take the Lions fab four ahead of them easily from there glory days. Lappin,Black,Voss and Akka.Still best midfielder combo to this day.

Last edited:
Both teams at very different positions in preparing for their next challenge. You guys should be competing, we are "rebuilding" after three-peating... Mitchell a 24 year old star midfielder who will play for the next 8 years VS Ablett who you will be lucky to get 20 games out of..... horses for courses.
Rebuilding after three peating.

With no draft picks.

Good one.

It's a very strong midfield but the drop off of talent at both ends of the ground will make for interesting viewing. Ablett and Danger will probably get more time forward as the Cats forward line isn't overly impressive.

Obviously if Ablett can stay on the park and decides he's okay to travel next year they will be pretty tough to beat in the middle of the ground. I don't think Ablett is cooked based on form but his body does appear to be struggling more in the last couple of years.

Are they as good as Judd/Kerr/Cousins? Talent wise, yes. But until the 2018 seasons over we won't know.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back