Moved Thread Ablett/Danger/Selwood vs Voss/Black/Aker

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Every now and then you read utter garbage on BF, and this is no exception.
You're being lenient. That's all I read on here these days.

No trio come close to that midfield of the lions.That lions team was top shelf all over the park and they were a 6 goal better team then any side who has won the flag since there era.

did you seriously include old “throw the ball on the ground as soon as I get tackled” Bartlett?

Ablett is already acknowledged as better then all those except for Bunton and thats only cos no one saw Bunton. Matthews was more a forward. Have you seen highlights of these players? they look awful.
Ablett ain't fit to lace Kevin Bartlett's boots

Can we stop with the bay 13 posts. Next you will be telling me wayne campbell was better then gary ablett. You are just wasting your breath.
Let's see Ablett kick 778 goals playing mostly as a rover, win 3 b&fs in premiership teams, win 5 grand finals, be among the best on ground in all 5 of them, win a Norm Smith, kick 21 goals in a finals series, move up forward at age 33 and kick 84 goals in a season, kick over 50 goals in a season while averaging almost 30 disposals when Ablett can do that then maybe we can compare him to Kevin Bartlett right now Ablett is nowhere near

Can we stop with the bay 13 posts. Next you will be telling me wayne campbell was better then gary ablett. You are just wasting your breath.

Yes, how about we stop hey.

Sent from my iPad using righteous Bhodi manpower

Let's see Ablett kick 778 goals playing mostly as a rover, win 3 b&fs in premiership teams, win 5 grand finals, be among the best on ground in all 5 of them, win a Norm Smith, kick 21 goals in a finals series, move up forward at age 33 and kick 84 goals in a season, kick over 50 goals in a season while averaging almost 30 disposals when Ablett can do that then maybe we can compare him to Kevin Bartlett right now Ablett is nowhere near

Correct. The cats fans are the most immature posters. It’s breath taking. As soon as you dare post an alternative view you’re a troll. Yet, their posts are laden with personal insults.
What an insecure, immature lot. No wonder the hawks fans get into them.

My ignore list was zero this time last year.

It's growing by the minute. This part of the site needs a tidy up.

Stop posting garbage and you’ll be amazed at how people respond. Maybe some personal introspection is required. Hint - maybe it’s you......

With regard to Selwood, i’ll go one further, Scott West was a superior footballer. Matthew Knights was a superior footballer. Lenny Hayes, superior, i could go on.
As for Ablett being the greatest, what a joke. J. O. K. E.
Did nothing at GC but scam a shitload of cash. He’s not even fit to do up Diesel Williams or Robert Harveys bootstraps. Voss would rip his head off and s**t down his throat.
Lol, the thought of a sheepdog being GOAT is insulting to too many better footballers to mention.

Take your Richmond blinkers off. Bartlett would have floundered in the modern era. Too light, too selfish, too slow and one dimensional. 778 goals in Bartlett's era is barely 200 in the modern era. And Bartlett's selfish style of play wouldn't be tolerated in the modern game. How many goal assists do you think he is credited with? Probably zero. Bartlett was good, but GAJ is better

Take your Richmond blinkers off. Bartlett would have floundered in the modern era. Too light, too selfish, too slow and one dimensional. 778 goals in Bartlett's era is barely 200 in the modern era. And Bartlett's selfish style of play wouldn't be tolerated in the modern game. How many goal assists do you think he is credited with? Probably zero. Bartlett was good, but GAJ is better

You have no idea. Quality bay post though. Those who watched Bartlett will tell you. Quick and freakish skills. In an era where it was violence with a ball added in. He would of been the perfect footballer in todays game.

You have no idea. Quality bay post though. Those who watched Bartlett will tell you. Quick and freakish skills. In an era where it was violence with a ball added in. He would of been the perfect footballer in todays game.

I saw Bartlett play - he was called hungry for a reason. So maybe calling him "too slow" was an exaggeration, but he was selfish, and had zero defensive skills. Its easy to say "He would of been the perfect footballer in todays game". You probably mean "would have", but hey....

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I saw Bartlett play - he was called hungry for a reason. So maybe calling him "too slow" was an exaggeration, but he was selfish, and had zero defensive skills. Its easy to say "He would of been the perfect footballer in todays game". You probably mean "would have", but hey....

So you admit to an exaggeration. I wonder why you had to.....

So you admit to an exaggeration. I wonder why you had to.....

Because I am a poster of integrity! You'd never admit to posting untruths, would you?!

Judd, Cousins Kerr were basically brownlow players all at the same time, add Cox to that list they carried Eagles to the flag the rest of the team bar a few players were quite average.

Original post I can't compare and it sucks to compare because Ablett and Selwood aren't in their primes anymore and they havent even all played together yet, if they were all in their primes it wouldn't be bad at all but we wont ever see it. so the Brissy trio is probably the better one.

Voss wasn't even the best out of the the Brissy trio it was Aker but Aker for some reason people love to hate him.

I hope Danger stays in the forward line this year I believe this is going to be his best position, hes unmatchable similar to Gary Snr (I didn't say Danger is SNR).

Last edited:
Because I am a poster of integrity! You'd never admit to posting untruths, would you?!

I saw Bartlett play as well ;)

Sent from my iPhone using Righteous Man Power.

Gees can we get a more obvious troll. Go back to the bay

And your contribution is? Just because people don't agree or aren't fawning over Ablett doesn't mean they're trolls. Harden up precious

Sent from my iPhone using Righteous Man Power.

Take your Geelong blinkers off first of all Ablett and Dangerfield are selfish yet they do well and players like Boomer Harvey and Caleb Daniel are both smaller than Bartlett yet they went alright in the modern era face it Bartlett shits all over Ablett, Ablett wouldn't last a week in the 70s

Take your Geelong blinkers off first of all Ablett and Dangerfield are selfish yet they do well and players like Boomer Harvey and Caleb Daniel are both smaller than Bartlett yet they went alright in the modern era face it Bartlett shits all over Ablett, Ablett wouldn't last a week in the 70s
How would you know? Did you see Bartlett play?

Go back to the bay troll.
When CB enters a thread is the time we’re done. Padlock and end it.
Sometimes I wish Trump would build a wall around the bay to keep the riff raff locked in.

When CB enters a thread is the time we’re done. Padlock and end it.
Sometimes I wish Trump would build a wall around the bay to keep the riff raff locked in.
It's easier to ignore him to be honest. Talks rubbish.

Judd, Cousins Kerr were basically brownlow players all at the same time, add Cox to that list they carried Eagles to the flag the rest of the team bar a few players were quite average.

Original post I can't compare and it sucks to compare because Ablett and Selwood aren't in their primes anymore and they havent even all played together yet, if they were all in their primes it wouldn't be bad at all but we wont ever see it. so the Brissy trio is probably the better one.

Voss wasn't even the best out of the the Brissy trio it was Aker but Aker for some reason people love to hate him.

I hope Danger stays in the forward line this year I believe this is going to be his best position, hes unmatchable similar to Gary Snr (I didn't say Danger is SNR).
Aker was the best? The guy who in his best season averaged a measly 21 touches. His other seasons were all less then that.

Aker was the best? The guy who in his best season averaged a measly 21 touches. His other seasons were all less then that.
Not to mention that when the next team of the century debate arises there will be one name in every team and It isn't Voss, Akermanis or Black.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back