MRP / Trib. Ablett offered 1 week for striking Miles

What will be the outcome?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Ablett is being run out of the game, the football vultures and footy numbnuts are winning. There was nothing in this inicdent as Miles took a wonderfully executed dive with the umpire just a metre away, he milked a free kick and that's all it was.....Ablett should consider retirement form this weak game ...

Ablett is being run out of the game, the football vultures and footy numbnuts are winning. There was nothing in this inicdent as Miles took a wonderfully executed dive with the umpire just a metre away, he milked a free kick and that's all it was.....Ablett should consider retirement form this weak game ...
I did laugh...

It would be interesting to know what had pushed Gary over the last month, but hopefully now he has been suspended with virtually no hope of yet another reprieve, he'll pull his head in and get back in with playing.

Obviously he hasn't been racking up the suspensions this year, but it wouldn't hurt to pull him into a meeting with the leadership group & they can talk about expectations, especially from senior players - 3 of the last 4 weeks haven't been a good look and it needs to be addressed

I blame the booing instigated by the Hawks fans. ;)

It would be interesting to know what had pushed Gary over the last month, but hopefully now he has been suspended with virtually no hope of yet another reprieve, he'll pull his head in and get back in with playing.

Obviously he hasn't been racking up the suspensions this year, but it wouldn't hurt to pull him into a meeting with the leadership group & they can talk about expectations, especially from senior players - 3 of the last 4 weeks haven't been a good look and it needs to be addressed
My theory- a new baby- sleep issues? A bit rattled by the furore over his ‘like’ of Folau’s post. And the old player whose body can’t quite do what it used to do. (not that his footy has dropped off too much!) All combining to make him a bit cranky?

In this incident it was the repeated sharp punches to the chest by Miles. What’s he meant to do if the umpires allow a player to repeatedly strike him in a manner the AFL claimed they were targeting this season? I’m not saying he won’t or shouldn’t get a well, but I AM saying Miles should be suspended for an unnecessary punch to Ablett and then for staging.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Those who are saying that Gaz needs to calm down and change the way he is playing need to be careful what they wish for.

It feels to me like he is playing with a real chip on his shoulder, like he has a lot to prove, and this has manifested a bit in him playing a little angry.

I for one like the new angry Gary, his form is hard to argue with. If it means he has the odd indiscretion then so be it. Long live Angry Gary.

Don’t be surprised if Ablett appeals and gets off. He wants to maintain his clean record. And in this case I think he has a point. He was punched initially and repeatedly by Miles. If you look at the second from on angle he wasn’t even looking at Miles when the “punch” occurred. The main footage shows that any contact to the chin was debatable at best. He’s got enough to appeal and the previous two incidents will not and should not affect this case. Taken in isolation no one would be screaming for Ablett’s head on a stick.

Probably due to be managed anyway. Cue howls of outrage from the Richmond nongs when they realise he can't get injured or suspended against the Swans and will be well rested for our game against the Tiggers.

In this incident it was the repeated sharp punches to the chest by Miles. What’s he meant to do if the umpires allow a player to repeatedly strike him in a manner the AFL claimed they were targeting this season? I’m not saying he won’t or shouldn’t get a well, but I AM saying Miles should be suspended for an unnecessary punch to Ablett and then for staging.

totally agree
the afl was outraged after the gaff incident

WAKE UP AFL

Those who are saying that Gaz needs to calm down and change the way he is playing need to be careful what they wish for.

It feels to me like he is playing with a real chip on his shoulder, like he has a lot to prove, and this has manifested a bit in him playing a little angry.

I for one like the new angry Gary, his form is hard to argue with. If it means he has the odd indiscretion then so be it. Long live Angry Gary.
Haha yep. I did note that for 17 years and 328 games of non angry Gary he did struggle to impact on the game.

Last edited:

Nothing wrong with playing angry or playing with aggression, but it has to be controlled and not stupid like he's been doing.

You can play hard and bring aggression without needing to play as close to the edge as he has been - one or two steps back and he isn't drawing the attention to himself that he has this last month

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Don’t be surprised if Ablett appeals and gets off. He wants to maintain his clean record. And in this case I think he has a point. He was punched initially and repeatedly by Miles. If you look at the second from on angle he wasn’t even looking at Miles when the “punch” occurred. The main footage shows that any contact to the chin was debatable at best. He’s got enough to appeal and the previous two incidents will not and should not affect this case. Taken in isolation no one would be screaming for Ablett’s head on a stick.

Already been stated that they won't appeal. It's not his choice anyway, which a lot of people forget. It's the clubs, and there's no way they would appeal this even if Gary wanted them to

Ahhh Richmond supporters:

Can we please boo the crap out of Ablett. I'd also like to see him targeted on field. Clearly doesn't like it.

Should've been two, why did Dusty get 2? I guess its Good guy clause, Dusty's got tatts = Bad

AFL gave "gazza" a week just so he could rest up for the tiges

#####

Remember guys.

You can punch some campaigner square in the jaw twice and only get 1 week. As long as it doesn't break their jaw like Gaff did to Brayshaw.

Where is the 'potential to cause injury' here hmm?

We should re-draft Miles in the mid season draft tonight, play him Friday week and let him get some payback on the shiny-domed sniper.

bring in townsend and tell him to kill

Screaming baby=Screaming baby. Lack of sleep etc. Good excuse.
Not the end of the world, can't fault his actual play. I don't remember Hodge or Mitchell being lambasted by their own players or supporters.
As for the managed rest, pure supposition, I'd prefer him on field for the Swannies.

Love Gaz and don't mind him playing angry. But it needs to be controlled anger. Three "indiscretions" in such a short period is not controlled anger.

Despite the MRO supposedly not taking into account priors, London to a brick he did this time. It would have been a fine - at most - had it been his first "indiscretion"

Back