MRP / Trib. Ablett offered 1 week for striking Miles

What will be the outcome?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

The terminology thats been creeping into the commentary annoys me no end - especially 'back half' and the sudden fascination with gridiron's 'yards (metres) gained'

Worst one is calling someone a team's quarterback.

Here I was thinking our posters weren’t nearly as delusional as some on other boards. He’s punched a guy in the face.

Not sure it's fair to imply Geelong supporters were delusional about this. The overwhelming majority of us accepted the decision. Check the poll results. 75 out of 96 people voted one week or more.

Here I was thinking our posters weren’t nearly as delusional as some on other boards. He’s punched a guy in the face. Will benefit from the rest. TK will possibly benefit re Brownlow voting. We should still beat Sydney if we are serious.

Apparently staying in GC for a few days ... sounds like he has a bit of stuff happening in his life recently ..according to Lyon on the couch...

Thats fine and may make it more understandable but not something you can get a pass on. Im not happy he is gone..happy is the wrong word. Im satisfied with the outcome that hands thrown at faces can have a bad outcome...and GA did that left then right.

What the club needs to get its head around is what is the approach the players around the ball do when the start niggles like GC did. The oldest trick in the book to provoke and the retaliator is the one who gets in strife.

Foot soldiers like Parsons should be giving it back on Gazzas behalf.

Im not sure Parsons is the number id dial for a bit of rough justice...

Its a worry in a way..I know the game has changed but once we had Mooney , Chapman , Milburn etc etc.. Im not aware of anyone in our side now id think of as a genuine threat player

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Im not sure Parsons is the number id dial for a bit of rough justice...

Its a worry in a way..I know the game has changed but once we had Mooney , Chapman , Milburn etc etc.. Im not aware of anyone in our side now id think of as a genuine threat player
Parso can take of himself nicely if the need arises.
He was quietened down very early in his career after that hefty Hodge suspension.
But mainly, he can play.
I hope Cockarfitt acknowledges that from Saturday

Parso can take of himself nicely if the need arises.
He was quietened down very early in his career after that hefty Hodge suspension.
But mainly, he can play.
I hope Cockarfitt acknowledges that from Saturday

Thats not quite what I said Vdubs.. unless you know more than I, which you may well do .. Is Parsons who quite capable of sorting stuff for example?
I look at our old sides .. when we had guys who were legit guys who were amped and full of vigour .... the hodge thing was not really tough as it was an elbow.. I could imagine gazz getting attention when we had someone like CM.. and him comin across and inserting himself. We really do not have anyone like that now.
cammooney.jpeg

I think it will take quiet a while of good perfromances before Parson has strong support.. but its all there for him..up to him now. The second goal was like I used to see when I watched him in the VFL. Still lacks a left foot shame it would make him a much better player.

Thats not quite what I said Vdubs.. unless you know more than I, which you may well do .. Is Parsons who quite capable of sorting stuff for example?
I look at our old sides .. when we had guys who were legit guys who were amped and full of vigour .... the hodge thing was not really tough as it was an elbow.. I could imagine gazz getting attention when we had someone like CM.. and him comin across and inserting himself. We really do not have anyone like that now.
View attachment 682141

I think it will take quiet a while of good perfromances before Parson has strong support.. but its all there for him..up to him now. The second goal was like I used to see when I watched him in the VFL. Still lacks a left foot shame it would make him a much better player.
Agree.
I'd be happy if we don't need anybody for the rough justice. Happier if GAJ goes back to his "first love" and simply "turns the other cheek". That would work.

I thought Parsons was really serviceable, and did better than I expected for game 1 in the seniors; playing in his favoured position helps. What many are yet to appreciate is that he truly is a clever and natural footballer. Not brilliant, but knows where to position himself, and can do clever quick things with the ball, and once he is confident, can be a really nice kick (yes, Right foot only).

Agree.
I'd be happy if we don't need anybody for the rough justice. Happier if GAJ goes back to his "first love" and simply "turns the other cheek". That would work.

I thought Parsons was really serviceable, and did better than I expected for game 1 in the seniors; playing in his favoured position helps. What many are yet to appreciate is that he truly is a clever and natural footballer. Not brilliant, but knows where to position himself, and can do clever quick things with the ball, and once he is confident, can be a really nice kick (yes, Right foot only).

I think we mismanaged him last season and played him for too long when he was badly out of form. That led to all sorts of outrage on here ( me included) and put the spotlight on his bad traits at that time.
He looked a lot stronger V GC and did some good things , a return of 15 touched and 2 goals isn't too shabby and the shortcomings from last year weren't evident so he gets a tick and also a game this week to back it up. I still think he's depth at this stage but if depth can generate those numbers then we're travelling nicely than you very much :) That curling right foot goal was very classy indeed :thumbsu:

Back