News Ablett returns to Victoria - Heading back to QLD

Remove this Banner Ad

But are we sure it's Gary who wants to go to the hub, cause I've heard it's Gart who is keen to play...

Just not sure who Gart is though

Thinking that Tom may delete his tweet, here's a screenshot

6B6E5AA3-0873-4699-8CE6-12B4027B720E.jpeg

Last edited:

So, given the announcement of the remaining fixtures, this would give him three games lead-in to the finals.

Won't be available for Round 14 (a fortnight from today), but could be good to go for the Bombers in Round 16. With the Tigers and Swans to come after that.

Sounds like a very healthy preparation for finals for Gaz right there. And hopefully now I can go with my Dad and my son to see at least one more masterclass from Junior before this season is out. That would be a great way to make something special out of this most bizarre of seasons.

See you soon, #4. And thoughts and prayers remain with Jordan, your families and your beautiful boy throughout this time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Trying to get GAJ back into the hub asap

GO Catters

The club has been advised today that Gary Ablett will not be able to enter Queensland until 1 September unless he entered a hard quarantine. This would mean Gary could not train during this period.

As such Gary will travel with the large AFL party on 1 September at which time he will complete a 14-day quarantine in the AFL’s transition hub 3.

Geelong’s General Manager of Football Simon Lloyd has made the following statement in relation to this decision.

“While Gary and the club are disappointed, we understand the importance of staying diligent in the fight against COVID-19.

“The Queensland government and health officials have been first class throughout this time in supporting clubs and the game.

“Gary had important family matters that required him to return home. We were fully supportive of that decision.

“Gary will continue to train before coming into Queensland on 1 September. We look forward to Gary and his family joining us once the quarantine is complete.”

What a *in' s**t country we live in where civil rights have been forcefully taken away.

My grandfather would be rolling in his grave.

Should just book a massive hotel room for the hard lock down. Sel can cut loose a Ross Fawkner one touch for him. Few dumbbells, an exercise bike, all sorted ;)

What's the difference anyway. Do they book out an entire resort or something for the transition hub.

If he flies now then the hard lockdown/quarantine requires him to be in a hotel room for 2 weeks where he can watch netflix and do some pushups - only exercise he can get is what he can complete within the hotel room

the AFL specific flights allow them to go into a secure hub/hotel/resort setting with others from that AFL flight and while they are restricted to the hub location, he can still train & do a bit more

If he flies now then the hard lockdown/quarantine requires him to be in a hotel room for 2 weeks where he can watch netflix and do some pushups - only exercise he can get is what he can complete within the hotel room

the AFL specific flights allow them to go into a secure hub/hotel/resort setting with others from that AFL flight and while they are restricted to the hub location, he can still train & do a bit more
How moronic is this, what is the difference him going now or later. Test him when he gets there, if negative move on..

Is he an automatic selection for round 18 and finals?
Given that Cocky, Dahlhaus , Miers, might be up and about

It is my considered opinion that if he's available, he will be selected.
You’re probably right, and maybe he’s been guaranteed his spot plus his best is arguably better than Dahlhaus
Tough decisions ahead

Remove this Banner Ad

Back