News Ablett returns to Victoria - Heading back to QLD

Remove this Banner Ad

Staggering Gaz senior only won one B&F - and that was in his first year at Geelong. Would've thought he'd have won at least another one during his purple patch between 93-95 when he won 3 consecutive Coleman medals.
His best season was 89.

geelongs best and fairest is measured poorly. Its not a good reflection of who our best player is.

geelongs best and fairest is measured poorly. Its not a good reflection of who our best player is.

To be fair the Carji has been pretty accurate in recent years. Not many I'd disagree with since the golden era begun. In 13 seasons I only count 3 or 4 times when the best player hasn't received the award,

2007 - GAJ :thumbsu:
2008 - Corey :thumbsdown: (GAJ was our best player)
2009 - Ablett/Enright :thumbsu:
2010 - Selwood :thumbsdown: (GAJ was our best player)
2011 - Enright :thumbsu:
2012 - Hawkins :thumbsu:
2013 - Selwood :thumbsu:
2014 - Selwood :thumbsu:
2015 - Blicavs :thumbsdown: (no one had a particularly great year but Selwood and Hawkins and Johnson and Enright were still better than Blitz)
2016 - Dangerfield :thumbsu:
2017 - Dangerfield :thumbsu:
2018 - Blicavs :thumbsu: :thumbsdown: (I'm ambivalent about this one; I'm open to the argument in favor of Danger or Stewart, however Blitz did have a good year)
2019 - Dangerfield :thumbsu:

Firstly it is not Gary Ablett senior. It is just Gary Ablett,junior is the son of. And using Brownlows as a means of determining best then show us how many full forwards have won a Brownlow against mid-fielders. Poor use for comparison.
It pisses me off too when people people call him gary ablett senior. That was not his name when he played and its not his name now.

its just gary ablett.

To be fair the Carji has been pretty accurate in recent years. Not many I'd disagree with since the golden era begun. In 13 seasons I only count 3 or 4 times when the best player hasn't received the award,

2007 - GAJ :thumbsu:
2008 - Corey :thumbsdown: (GAJ was our best player)
2009 - Ablett/Enright :thumbsu:
2010 - Selwood :thumbsdown: (GAJ was our best player)
2011 - Enright :thumbsu:
2012 - Hawkins :thumbsu:
2013 - Selwood :thumbsu:
2014 - Selwood :thumbsu:
2015 - Blicavs :thumbsdown: (no one had a particularly great year but Selwood and Hawkins and Johnson and Enright were still better than Blitz)
2016 - Dangerfield :thumbsu:
2017 - Dangerfield :thumbsu:
2018 - Blicavs :thumbsu: :thumbsdown: (I'm ambivalent about this one; I'm open to the argument in favor of Danger or Stewart, however Blitz did have a good year)
2019 - Dangerfield :thumbsu:
Enright shouldnt of won it in 2011. Selwood 25 touches a game or sj 19 touches and nearly 3 goals a game were our bests. Corey, bartel and enright were a clear gap behind.

and enright certainly should not of been tied with gaz in 2009 when he was the comps MVP.

SJ was our best in 2013 although missing 6 games cost him. Probably wins the brownlow if he didnt miss those games.

the other thumbs ups and downs i agree with.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back