News Ablett returns to Victoria - Heading back to QLD

Sep 7, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Dallas Mavs, West Ham
Gary Ablett has returned to Victoria from Geelong's West Australian hub.

He landed back in Melbourne on Saturday afternoon.

Ablett recently revealed his young son Levi was battling illness.

The Cats veteran is in his final year playing in the AFL and his future in the league is now in doubt given the difficulties leaving Victoria.

Geelong and Ablett's management have been contacted for comment.

—-

In terms of quarantine protocols, even if he flies back to WA in coming days, I assume he won’t be able to play for 14 days on return?

Wishing all the best for Gaz, Jordan and Levi. Family definitely comes first.

Sep 7, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Dallas Mavs, West Ham
This is from the AFL article -

GEELONG champion Gary Ablett will miss at least the next two matches against Fremantle and West Coast after flying home to Victoria from the Cats' WA hub.

Ablett boarded a flight on Saturday morning to be with his wife Jordan and son Levi, who is battling a rare degenerative condition.

The Cats play Fremantle next Monday and then the Eagles in a match yet to be scheduled.

Should their next matches be in Queensland, as expected, Ablett would need to quarantine in the sunshine state for 14 days before re-joining his teammates from round 10 onwards.

More to come

May 3, 2005
Brisbane
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Other Teams
Scuderia Ferrari, Dallas Cowboys
Heart breaks for him. Can’t imagine the mental anguish of a child with a degenerative illness.

Hopefully the media * right off and leave him absolutely alone.

Tony Barber

Premiership Player
Apr 6, 2017
AFL Club
Geelong
Football should be the furthest thing on his mind in a situation like this

Given his son’s health and the quarantine requirements should he choose to go to QLD, I really wouldn’t be surprised if he has played his last game
Yeah he might be done now.
I just hope his family is ok.

Youd think that if it was planned he'd complete the w.a hub, go home for two weeks.
Then head to qld for quarantine and finish off the season.

I can't see him wanting to do 14 days of nothingness in qld.
The only possible way around I can see is 2 weeks home, 2 weeks quarantine, and 6 more games.

I wouldn't do it.
I'd just sit back and hope vic reopens in 8 weeks time.

Back