Ablett this time a punch gotta get a suspension for that

He looks like he is off-balance but the Parsons (?) push is what sends him to ground.

I agree with your second point to be honest.
Instead of focusing on sending players who tackled or shepherded slightly incorrectly off for a week in the act of playing football, they should change their focus and suspend players for obviously non-football acts such as high elbows and jaw punches that have no place in the game, regardless of force.
Force should not be the biggest factor. I believe an overhaul of the rules is needed to differentiate between 'football acts' and 'non-football acts'. In a football act, such as a tackle/shepherd/body check, excessive force should be a big factor, but at the end of the day it's a contact sport. But in a non-football act, such as punching, force should be a minimal factor.

Yeah tongue in cheek on him going to ground.

Interesting that the general consensus is a week when the Bugg on Mills punch caused quite the stir and then Gaff. Force then is the deciding factor on severity of injury and suspension not the act. It's a tough one I kind of agree with how it is in principle I don't really get too emotional about this stuff but when a player ignores the luck and continues to push the envelope he brings the added scrutiny it deserves.

Aug 17, 2006
Lilyfield
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood VFL
Punch to the face with a closed fist...

And instantaneously puts his hands up like he was the victim!

Poor Gary...

Give him 6 brownlow votes for tonight's game...

And a Logie for his post match presser "just a free kick".

You're right Gaz... A punch to someone's face is fine!

Sorry guys... Give him 9 votes.

(why don't we just give him the brownlow now... Brad Scott style... we all know it's gunna happen... Good work Gil)

Aug 17, 2006
Lilyfield
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Collingwood VFL
Punch to the face with a closed fist...

And instantaneously puts his hands up like he was the victim!

Poor Gary...

Give him 6 brownlow votes for tonight's game...

And a Logie for his post match presser "just a free kick".

You're right Gaz... A punch to someone's face is fine!

Sorry guys... Give him 9 votes.

(why don't we just give him the brownlow now... Brad Scott style... we all know it's gunna happen... Good work Gil)

Calm down mate

Bigjobss

Cancelled
BeanCoiNFT Investor
Apr 7, 2017
AFL Club
Essendon
Improbable act with sanctioned diplomatic immunity. Ablett gets Miles' first born then is flown to North Korea for peace negotiations.

Cotchins Hair Piece

Bouffant Flat Top
Mar 6, 2019
AFL Club
Melbourne
Intentional, Medium, High is two weeks. Could be argued to be Low impact, therefore a week.

Can’t wait to see how Christian spins this one as it’s clearly intentional. Insufficient force is my guess.

Umpire 23 right there and doesn't report him on field (maybe they have moved away from that) incredibly Ablett then seeks the ump out to complain about Miles after the 3 quarter siren. He just seems frustrated with something else in his life and is letting things boil over a bit lately. They poke the bear a fair bit as they know he is ripe for it at the moment.

Adz

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 17, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Umpire 23 right there and doesn't report him on field (maybe they have moved away from that) incredibly Ablett then seeks the ump out to complain about Miles after the 3 quarter siren. He just seems frustrated with something else in his life and is letting things boil over a bit lately. They poke the bear a fair bit as they know he is ripe for it at the moment.
To be fair, his sister died last year.

HTPunter

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 27, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Yeah tongue in cheek on him going to ground.

Interesting that the general consensus is a week when the Bugg on Mills punch caused quite the stir and then Gaff. Force then is the deciding factor on severity of injury and suspension not the act. It's a tough one I kind of agree with how it is in principle I don't really get too emotional about this stuff but when a player ignores the luck and continues to push the envelope he brings the added scrutiny it deserves.

But again, I feel if you do a non-football act and cause severe injury such as Gaff and Bugg, that should be more weeks than a tackle/shepherd causing a bad head injury.

Back