Ablett this time a punch gotta get a suspension for that

This thread has turned into a dumpster fire...as it always was going to. Some Richmond supporters really don't represent their clan well

Neither do some Geelong fans, all things being equal.

Feb 9, 2009
Footscray
AFL Club
Richmond
He doesn’t hate gays, if he did he hates everyone on that list which would include his dad and probably himself and basically everyone he knows.

It’s just you and the rest of the peanut gallery that translates a like to something ridiculous.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
*doesn't hate gays

*promotes an ideology which states gay people are evil sinners and deserve eternal torture

romeohwho

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 20, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
He started to be booed because he hates gay people.

It was compounded by him whacking blokes and getting off where lesser players had already been suspended.

It would be incorrect to state that the booing is entirely due to one factor or the other.
Why was he booed in the Collingwood game -round one, which was before the Folau ‘like’ and the elbows?

Oct 16, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Why was he booed in the Collingwood game -round one, which was before the Folau ‘like’ and the elbows?

Collingwood are pretty consistent booers.
However just like with Goodes in round 8 2015 it went another level when they played Hawthorn.
Hawks are the greatest booers out there. Trendsetters.
They booed a like....
Guess when the Goodes booing ended? In Geelong. Cats fans should remember that game well.

Oct 16, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
*doesn't hate gays

*promotes an ideology which states gay people are evil sinners and deserve eternal torture

Look I see your issue but a like isn’t much of a promotion.
Religion itself you could boo that I guess, I can accept people not liking his belief but you might also want to boo Houli.
Imagine if you followed soccer and all the booing needed in that sport.
Who doesn’t enter the pitch doing a cross?

bumsonseats

Premiership Player
Oct 8, 2009
Back in Stinktown (Adelaide)
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Oh yeah coz drama queens say nothing to see here rather than SUSPEND HIM ITS RIGGED just for clumsy blocks that wouldn’t hurt a fly.

No outrage on Hipwood getting away with it other than Jono Brown and Paul Roos going crazy over the fact Christian attempted to suspend Gary and not Hipwood.
But hey Brownlow medallist’s get ‘looked after’
LOL

Classic BF mentality.
Defend your man til the last breath.
Fact is if the shoe was on the other foot you would be the first one to sink the boot in.

Ablett’s indiscretions this past few weeks have drawn attention. If he doesn’t hit a bloke in the head with a raised elbow (twice in 2 weeks), then we are not having this discussion. These are not football actions and have no place in the game. The first one I can excuse because it IMO it was a glancing blow as the opponent was releasing the ball - and he may well have been trying to back out of the contest. But 2nd week the opponent released the ball well before Ablett made contact to his head with a raised elbow - and should have no place in the game. The fact of the matter is that the AFL where to gutless to be consistent after the tribunal challenge the eeek prior. Yet the 2nd one was worse imo.
To them go out and strike a bloke to the jaw with a clenched fist is just stupidity.
You can defend it all you like, but I can guarantee you if it was a player from another club you would be hooking right in. So go take a cold bath

Chocoholic

Senior List
Nov 24, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Eh thought it be 50/50 if he gets a week, and so we lost the 50/50.

All well, he was due for a rest and maybe he might pull his head in and not do any more stupid s**t on the field.

romeohwho

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 20, 2015
AFL Club
Geelong
Collingwood are pretty consistent booers.
However just like with Goodes in round 8 2015 it went another level when they played Hawthorn.
Hawks are the greatest booers out there. Trendsetters.
They booed a like....
Guess when the Goodes booing ended? In Geelong. Cats fans should remember that game well.

Yep- hawks fans booed Ablett last year too.
Booed menzel when he did his knee.
Some of their fans do indeed like a boo.

I wonder what he thought about Crab Mitchell almost knocking Goldys block off and getting away with it due to Brownlow contention?

If Mitchell almost knocked Goldy's block off, Gaz decapitated Shiel and Wright...

Not denial, just disbelief at how you characterise and rationalise booing a champion of the game......I sincerely hope you can put it to bed now that Ablett has accepted the one match suspension, but I know I am asking a lot

Because he is an egotistical flog. The same reason MANY Geelong supporters booed a very good player and champion of the game in Adam Goodes. You act like a flog, you get treated as one. Don't cry when the chickens come home to roost.

Gaz is getting treated exactly as he deserves and it isn't because he is a gun player (mostly.)

Because he is an egotistical flog. The same reason MANY Geelong supporters booed a very good player and champion of the game in Adam Goodes. You act like a flog, you get treated as one. Don't cry when the chickens come home to roost.

Gaz is getting treated exactly as he deserves and it isn't because he is a gun player (mostly.)
Lol Geelong was the team booing Goodes was it? You're obviously new to the AFL I assume?

Oct 16, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Classic BF mentality.
Defend your man til the last breath.
Fact is if the shoe was on the other foot you would be the first one to sink the boot in.

Ablett’s indiscretions this past few weeks have drawn attention. If he doesn’t hit a bloke in the head with a raised elbow (twice in 2 weeks), then we are not having this discussion. These are not football actions and have no place in the game. The first one I can excuse because it IMO it was a glancing blow as the opponent was releasing the ball - and he may well have been trying to back out of the contest. But 2nd week the opponent released the ball well before Ablett made contact to his head with a raised elbow - and should have no place in the game. The fact of the matter is that the AFL where to gutless to be consistent after the tribunal challenge the eeek prior. Yet the 2nd one was worse imo.
To them go out and strike a bloke to the jaw with a clenched fist is just stupidity.
You can defend it all you like, but I can guarantee you if it was a player from another club you would be hooking right in. So go take a cold bath

Bzzzzzt
Incorrect try again. I often defend players against suspensions around here for the most minor/unlucky incidents.
This year Cox Round 2 - absolute shocker
Durdin on my very own player - so unlucky, rules are stupid.
Soldo - despite Richmond flogs around here I still don’t want to hang him. Worpel got in the way, it’s purely accidental. Just Clumsy.
However the rules being off the ball made it difficult. Some very stupid rules.

You are correct on 2/3
The Shiel one - nothing, so tick for you
The north one - just like the 1st one, you can’t have it both ways. You’re searching for the most minor difference. X
The latest incident - correct deserves a week. Tick again.

Now let’s not be silly in thinking the 1st two are as bad as a punch. CLEARLY doesn’t deserve the same penalty.

Jun 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Yep- hawks fans booed Ablett last year too.
Booed menzel when he did his knee.
Some of their fans do indeed like a boo.
Some Geelong fans were cheering when it looked like Franklin did his knee the same night as Menzel. All clubs have flog fans

The Ablett booing started last year after he dived for a free kick

Lol Geelong was the team booing Goodes was it? You're obviously new to the AFL I assume?

Living in Geelong, I know reading and comprehension skills are not the strongest points for Geelong fans, but please tell me, where exactly in my post did I say that Geelong were the team that booed Goodes? I said they had several supporters booing him. Every club did. I witnessed it several times first hand (my brother gets free tickets to Geelong games as he works at Routley's who supply GMHBA with Pies, Sausage Rolls, Donuts etc). Yet Geelong fans cry and whinge about opposition supporters booing Gary on the grounds that he is a champion of the game. I witnessed Geelong fans also booing everal players who could be considered champions of the game in Swan, Sam Mitchell, Luke Hodge etc because they are absolute flogs.

So what makes Gary so special that he can't get the same treatment that a large portion of Geelong fans have given other champions of the game when they have been absolute flogs and muppets? Once again, where Selwood, Dangerfield and Gaz are concerned Cats fans see red when there is any criticism levelled at them. Such an emotionally sensitive bunch.

bumsonseats

Premiership Player
Oct 8, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Bzzzzzt
Incorrect try again. I often defend players against suspensions around here for the most minor/unlucky incidents.
This year Cox Round 2 - absolute shocker
Durdin on my very own player - so unlucky, rules are stupid.
Soldo - despite Richmond flogs around here I still don’t want to hang him. Worpel got in the way, it’s purely accidental. Just Clumsy.
However the rules being off the ball made it difficult. Some very stupid rules.

You are correct on 2/3
The Shiel one - nothing, so tick for you
The north one - just like the 1st one, you can’t have it both ways. You’re searching for the most minor difference. X
The latest incident - correct deserves a week. Tick again.

Now let’s not be silly in thinking the 1st two are as bad as a punch. CLEARLY doesn’t deserve the same penalty.

IMO Ablett should have been held accountable for the raised elbow to Sam Wright’s head (2nd of the 2 high elbow incidents) because Wright had clearly disposed of the ball well before Ablett hit him in the head with a raised elbow. Ablett had no right to come at him with a raised elbow, and really didn’t have to make any contact with Wright given the ball was well clear.
The raising of the elbow in this context then becomes intentional, and as a non-footballing act has the potential to cause serious injury. That is why he should have been held accountable for the 2nd one.

If the incident in Shields the week before did not occur, I would find it very difficult to believe that both Fyfe and Ablett would not have been charged for the high elbows in round 8. And therein lies the frustration of AFL fans if the inconsistency of the AFL and perceived favouritism of high profile players. How one can be charged one week either the offer of a one week suspension yet not even get fined the very next week for at a minimum a similar incident is just bewildering

The fact is that the AFL was to gutless to act a 2nd time around, when IMO the 2nd hit was worse than the first. And that is why Ablett has continued on with his unsociable antics which has finally caught up with him

bumsonseats

Premiership Player
Oct 8, 2009
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Thats why he's booed. Even after he clocked Miles in the jaw he appealed to the ump that he did nothing wrong and kept chirping away to him.

Big ego and big sook, and you cant have it both ways without people saying wtf

Gets booed by Hawthorn supporters because he is a sook. Just ask Hodgy “gotta look after Gaz”. Gee, even the players know it.

Oct 16, 2006
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
IMO Ablett should have been held accountable for the raised elbow to Sam Wright’s head (2nd of the 2 high elbow incidents) because Wright had clearly disposed of the ball well before Ablett hit him in the head with a raised elbow. Ablett had no right to come at him with a raised elbow, and really didn’t have to make any contact with Wright given the ball was well clear.
The raising of the elbow in this context then becomes intentional, and as a non-footballing act has the potential to cause serious injury. That is why he should have been held accountable for the 2nd one.

If the incident in Shields the week before did not occur, I would find it very difficult to believe that both Fyfe and Ablett would not have been charged for the high elbows in round 8. And therein lies the frustration of AFL fans if the inconsistency of the AFL and perceived favouritism of high profile players. How one can be charged one week either the offer of a one week suspension yet not even get fined the very next week for at a minimum a similar incident is just bewildering

The fact is that the AFL was to gutless to act a 2nd time around, when IMO the 2nd hit was worse than the first. And that is why Ablett has continued on with his unsociable antics which has finally caught up with him

I think that’s fair enough.
Although I think the 2nd one isn’t suspension worthy I do find it odd that Christian was inconsistent in his findings and based on HIS opinion not mine, he should’ve handed Gary a suspension.

In saying all this you think Gary was treated harshly the 1st time but not the 2nd.
So it really evens it up.
Surely you can’t think he is protected if you wouldn’t have even given him a suspension the 1st time. This hate of Gaz is massively overblown and has just turned into a mob hating ‘fest.

Living in Geelong, I know reading and comprehension skills are not the strongest points for Geelong fans, but please tell me, where exactly in my post did I say that Geelong were the team that booed Goodes?

The same reason MANY Geelong supporters booed a very good player and champion of the game in Adam Goodes.
lol

Back