Ablett this time a punch gotta get a suspension for that

Remove this Banner Ad

I think that’s fair enough.
Although I think the 2nd one isn’t suspension worthy I do find it odd that Christian was inconsistent in his findings and based on HIS opinion not mine, he should’ve handed Gary a suspension.

In saying all this you think Gary was treated harshly the 1st time but not the 2nd.
So it really evens it up.
Surely you can’t think he is protected if you wouldn’t have even given him a suspension the 1st time. This hate of Gaz is massively overblown and has just turned into a mob hating ‘fest.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

1558987839645.jpeg

The chopsticks incident obviously. It blows my mind that you hold it against GAJ for being religious yet condone violence against women.
Is that the incident where the police investigated and no witnesses or cctv showed him punching a wall or threatening her (although he was being drunk and disruptive generally), and where it was never alleged that he harmed her?

Not quite allowing an underage girl to od to protect your own image but it's not great behavior.

Is that the incident where the police investigated and no witnesses or cctv showed him punching a wall or threatening her (although he was being drunk and disruptive generally), and where it was never alleged that he harmed her?

Not quite allowing an underage girl to od to protect your own image but it's not great behavior.
Ah that didn't take long. Nice to see you're going to carry on condoning violence against women but this time with a little victim blaming thrown in for good measure.

I think that’s fair enough.
Although I think the 2nd one isn’t suspension worthy I do find it odd that Christian was inconsistent in his findings and based on HIS opinion not mine, he should’ve handed Gary a suspension.

In saying all this you think Gary was treated harshly the 1st time but not the 2nd.
So it really evens it up.
Surely you can’t think he is protected if you wouldn’t have even given him a suspension the 1st time. This hate of Gaz is massively overblown and has just turned into a mob hating ‘fest.

It doesn’t even up - each one should be treated on its merits. First one should have been a fine, and 2nd one gets a week if the AFL is consistent 🤣
Difference between first high elbow and the 2nd is intent - reckless vs intentional.
Over the last couple of years the AFL have indicated that a raised elbow will be regarded as intentional. First incident, Ablett gets done for intentional/high contacted/low impact = 1 week. Appeals the intentional grading on account that he realised at the last moment he wasn’t going to make the tackled before Shields released the ball, and turns his body to avoid contact - in doing so his elbow raises. If we take this on face value, as the tribunal did, then conduct downgrades to reckless and sanction is now a fine.

Difference the 2nd week (hit on Sam Wright) is that the Wright disposed of the ball well and truly before Ablett hits him in the head with and elbow. I would suggest the impact is low for both incidents, but the hit on Wright should be graded intentional because the ball was disposed well before the contact.
Intentional, high contact, low impact = 1 week.

If the contact was of sufficient force the first eeek, then there is little to no difference the 2nd week. In which case the only contention is intentional vs reckless. But the AFL was to gutless to pull the trigger because of the outrage that he might get off at the tribunal one week but get suspended the next for what otherwise appear similar incidents. The devil is in the intentional vs reckless debate, and the AFL and AFL media are to thick to communicate a logical rationale

Last edited:
One of two things is going on here. Either the little master is trying to give his team a harder edge (sniping), a la cotchin 2017 or jordon lewis 2018. Trouble is, it doesn't come naturally, so he's a little lost. Or, he's royally pissed off with the latest sexual misconduct charges against his father, and is taking his frustration out on the footy field. Or, it's one of a hundred other things. His victims don't care the reason. Spare a thought (if you're a pies fan) for Pebs, who missed the '03 granny for the exact same action for which fyfe & ablett were cleared. The afl should think about that. Their crap decisions effect a lot of people.

One of two things is going on here. Either the little master is trying to give his team a harder edge (sniping), a la cotchin 2017 or jordon lewis 2018. Trouble is, it doesn't come naturally, so he's a little lost. Or, he's royally pissed off with the latest sexual misconduct charges against his father, and is taking his frustration out on the footy field. Or, it's one of a hundred other things. His victims don't care the reason. Spare a thought (if you're a pies fan) for Pebs, who missed the '03 granny for the exact same action for which fyfe & ablett were cleared. The afl should think about that. Their crap decisions effect a lot of people.
My sarcasm meter isn’t working so I am not sure if you’re for real.

Wait until the Richmond nongs realise this means Ablett will be well rested for our game against them, with no chance of getting suspended or injured in the mean time. There will be no end to the howling and ranting.

Wait until the Richmond nongs realise this means Ablett will be well rested for our game against them, with no chance of getting suspended or injured in the mean time. There will be no end to the howling and ranting.
Nah. Actually quite happy he got the week. Cause in 2 weeks time he'll enter an absolute cauldron of tigers fans wanting blood, who will also be booing him (and Selwood, Dangerfield, Porkins) incessantly. Can't wait.

Nah. Actually quite happy he got the week. Cause in 2 weeks time he'll enter an absolute cauldron of tigers fans wanting blood, who will also be booing him (and Selwood, Dangerfield, Porkins) incessantly. Can't wait.
One way to shut that down....and the aforementioned champions are masters at that

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jeepers booing a player? gee whiz I bet ablett takes notice."Hey honey going to watch the tiges play the cats I got some serious booing to do" sand pit and tonka trucks spring to mind

Will be a different atmosphere to what they're used to at the cattery

Was actually quite a similar atmosphere, especially in the last quarter when there were essentially only 30k Geelong supporters left at the ground. Just like being back at GMHBA.

Also loved the applause of Ablett drowning out the boos as Ablett dominated the tigers yet again!

Was actually quite a similar atmosphere, especially in the last quarter when there were essentially only 30k Geelong supporters left at the ground. Just like being back at GMHBA.

Also loved the applause of Ablett drowning out the boos as Ablett dominated the tigers yet again!

The Hawks avatar tripped me out haha. You boys were just way too good after qtr time unfortunately. I still don't like Ablett (mainly for his dodgy on field elbows and complaining), but damn is the bloke a jet. Hope when the teams meet next we have a few players back and can put up a much better contest

There are players who have been suspended for doing what he did the first two times. Obviously you have forgotten that. Martin got suspended for doing what Dangerfield did too. You have obviously for gotten that too.

He did kind of go to ground though.

Not enough force is his only chance but they need to send Ablett a message and lean towards a week he's clearly not getting the message to stop it. His frustration when things aren't going his way is ugly to see for a great of the game. They know to niggle him though.
watch the other angle and you can see Miles' head rotate quite a bit. He connected pretty sweetly, some blokes would have gone down. I don't like this Miles fellow but he is pretty tough.

watch the other angle and you can see Miles' head rotate quite a bit. He connected pretty sweetly, some blokes would have gone down. I don't like this Miles fellow but he is pretty tough.

I might have watched the other angle had you posted this a year ago when it mattered. After this much time so much has happened. I’ve added numerous action figures to my collection. My son celebrated his second birthday but we had to celebrate it online. The world got a virus, Black lives matter and my footy team aren’t going so well. My wife and I are working through some difficulties but we are getting there. Still no sex though. I’ve put on 11 kilos in that time and am not looking my best. Don’t think Garry Ablett is even playing footy at the moment as he has bigger family matters to deal with. I’ve probably missed a lot of other things that have happened in the last year but I want to hurry up to give you time to read through and gather your thoughts for when you quote this in two years.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back