List Mgmt. Ablett to move to Gold Coast

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
The club has offered senior a variety of roles, all of which he's knocked back is my reading of Frank Costa's comments over the journey. Noone has the right to pick the role he wants to the exclusion of all others.

As a player the club not only resurrected seniors playing career, it paid him well and organised a paid role with Ron Hovey's firm. The club also stood shoulder-to-shoulder with him during his major legal issue. It's about time he stopped whining and showed some gratitude. Methinks you're an apologist for the Ablett's and in the process re-writing history.

And putting Nath front and centre in Gaz's decision is a distraction. Gaz also has another sibling in the greater Geelong area who some might suggest is in greater need of help. Let's get back to the substantive discussion rather than these calculated diversions.

With all due respect, that is not actually what happened. Methinks you have little idea of what has actually happened. Not about to get into a he said/shesaid. I was merely trying to shed some light for other supporters as to why Gazza is going. I (as a massive cats fan) am devo'd he is going, but with a little of inside knowledge and empathy, am finding it heaps easier to wave him goodbye and thank him. Sad that there are so many bitter, little people in the world who think they know the history of a footy club cos they get the Hun home delivered...

With all due respect, that is not actually what happened. Methinks you have little idea of what has actually happened. Not about to get into a he said/shesaid. I was merely trying to shed some light for other supporters as to why Gazza is going. I (as a massive cats fan) am devo'd he is going, but with a little of inside knowledge and empathy, am finding it heaps easier to wave him goodbye and thank him. Sad that there are so many bitter, little people in the world who think they know the history of a footy club cos they get the Hun home delivered...

With the same level of respect, just because you heard it from a family member or the man himself (even if you actually are in the know), certainly doesn't make it the definitive version of events. I would think the club would have a very different take on what actually transpired.

I'm over it

I really hope he goes and announces it soon

I totally understand he's doing it for the money and to maybe help his bro out

I just can't stand that he's lied to his many fans. That's the unforgiveable part, the "honestly, I haven't made my mind up yet" line, when honest is exactly the thing he hasn't been all year

See ya later Gaz

Being a bum chum with the Abletts doesn't mean you have the same perception of this whole saga as someone who has had framed pictures of the blokes up on their wall since they were born.

Heaven forbid we'd all be a little bit hurt to see them running around for that piece of s**t club up in the scummy gold coast.

Being a bum chum with the Abletts doesn't mean you have the same perception of this whole saga as someone who has had framed pictures of the blokes up on their wall since they were born.

Heaven forbid we'd all be a little bit hurt to see them running around for that piece of s**t club up in the scummy gold coast.

As previously stated, ill be devo'd (as a cats fan) when he goes. But as a human being, I totally understand why he is going. not even because I know him, but more because I'm imagining how i would feel in the same situation. That is all. As a Cats fan, it sucks that he is going. And honestly, for all the people crapping on about him lieing, I genuinely dont believe he definitively made up his mind until last week. So I dont think he has been lieing. Would have been announced already had the AFL asked him not to. Again, lots of judgement and conclusion jumping from a lot of people with no idea, other than what Caro and Robbo tell them.

Well maybe if the prick opened his mouth himself and told us the truth we wouldnt have to rely on those flogs, and everyone else who claims to have inside information.

Its all about money isn't it, selling bullshit newspapers.

If he genuinely hasn't signed ANYTHING with the GC until this week, then all could be forgiven.

But if thats not the case, he's lied to us all, playing us all for idiots.

As an above poster mentioned, its not WHAT he has or hasn't done that stinks, but the WAY its all panned out.

Id rather have a spine than earn double my income.

Obviously his dad preaching his born-again, jesus crap never actually sunk in.

Lets just hope when he takes on the mighty Cats next year, he gets crucified.

With all due respect it is actually what happened. I don't blame you for not wishing to detail where you assert I was incorrect as your partisan myopia would show as would your attempts at re-writing history. The Club has been very good to senior and there are numerous examples where that hasn't been reciprocated - not only those I've mentioned.

Most of us here are devoted Cats fans so don't attempt to take the moral high ground. Noone here wants to see Gaz go but to suggest Nath is front and centre as his main consideration is nonsense. As I mentioned, he has another sibling who many would suggest is in far greater need of support and who lives in Geelong. A more important consideration amongst the multiplicity of considerations has been seniors influence.

With all due respect it is actually what happened. I don't blame you for not wishing to detail where you assert I was incorrect as your partisan myopia would show as would your attempts at re-writing history. The Club has been very good to senior and there are numerous examples where that hasn't been reciprocated - not only those I've mentioned.

Most of us here are devoted Cats fans so don't attempt to take the moral high ground. Noone here wants to see Gaz go but to suggest Nath is front and centre as his main consideration is nonsense. As I mentioned, he has another sibling who many would suggest is in far greater need of support and who lives in Geelong. A more important consideration amongst the multiplicity of considerations has been seniors influence.

For someone making such statements, you know very little. The sibling you refer to isnt in Geelong. She is in a fulltime care facility. You're judgement and lack of actual knowledge is almost disturbing.

For someone making such statements, you know very little. The sibling you refer to isnt in Geelong. She is in a fulltime care facility. You're judgement and lack of actual knowledge is almost disturbing.

For someone claiming to know so much, you're knowledge of the location is alarming. I note you haven't responded to which part of the statements I made earlier were wrong. Did the club not, through Bii McMaster, resurrect seniors football career? Did Ron Hovey not provide senior with full time employment (though he largely worked part time) so he received additional income? Hasn't the club offered him employment opportunities which he's knocked back? Didn't the club stand shoulder-to-shoulder with him when his criminal case was on?

Your attempts at re-writing history lack credibility.

Well maybe if the prick opened his mouth himself and told us the truth we wouldnt have to rely on those flogs, and everyone else who claims to have inside information.

Did you for a minute, stop to consider that maybe what he said originally on the topic as truth?
Or are you just believing what you're being spoon fed?

hahaha did you just figure that out?
Do you feel cheated? Ripped off??
Seems as if you could be one of the major shareholders in the HUN.
After all, it's about paying for the information isn't it..!?!?
Serves you right for being gullible & naive.
It aint all about you, ya know..!?!

If he genuinely hasn't signed ANYTHING with the GC until this week, then all could be forgiven.

Thank god for your graciousness...
But maybe it's a case of the media lying to you.
And you being oh so happy to swallow it... :rolleyes:

Yep, you prove your spine with your anonymous hate comments.
And then you go and lower yourself even further by attacking another's beliefs...

Class act mate...
dickwad... :thumbsdown:

Did you for a minute, stop to consider that maybe what he said originally on the topic as truth?
Or are you just believing what you're being spoon fed?

hahaha did you just figure that out?
Do you feel cheated? Ripped off??
Seems as if you could be one of the major shareholders in the HUN.
After all, it's about paying for the information isn't it..!?!?
Serves you right for being gullible & naive.
It aint all about you, ya know..!?!

Thank god for your graciousness...
But maybe it's a case of the media lying to you.
And you being oh so happy to swallow it... :rolleyes:

Yep, you prove your spine with your anonymous hate comments.
And then you go and lower yourself even further by attacking another's beliefs...

Class act mate...
dickwad... :thumbsdown:

Of course I don't lap up all the s**t that I read in the newspapers, I was taught how to critically read things, especially propaganda machines of the main stream media.

But the s**t has been pumped out like at a sewage plant, all year, and almost daily for the last few weeks. Whether its truth or not is why we have this debate in the first place. But it leaves a horrible taste in my mouth after Ive chewed it up and spat it out.

Of course I know its 'all about money'. Im not a naive 12 year old, I was stating a point.

I don't need to pretend to be gracious or classy, Im not. I can be a dickwad.

But I don't feel the need to lie about it.

To be honest, I completely sympathise with Gary. I never thought it was about the money, he is a wealthy young man, he has lived in the Geelong bubble his whole life. Maybe he should experience something else? Good luck to him I say. Nearly 200 games, 2 premierships, fact is, we got the best out of him. I am forever grateful to him.

However, I am not sure the Gold Coast with his brother and his old man is the right thing. Fact of the matter is, Gary has made a success of himself despite these two putting road blocks in front of him.

To the family friend above, I am sorry, Geelong and a coaching role for Gary Senior, you must be kidding. Gary Senior is a mixed up individual who has made some horrible choices and Geelong can't support him any longer. He has burnt too many bridges in the community. If he doesn't understand that, he is more troublesome soul than I imagined.

Gary Senior is a mixed up individual who has made some horrible choices and Geelong can't support him any longer. He has burnt too many bridges in the community. If he doesn't understand that, he is more troublesome soul than I imagined.

Understanding is not the problem.
Im sure he is a very intelligent guy.
It's the acceptance of reality that is his concern...

Don't get me wrong. I'm a massive Ablett Snr fan.
But really, c'mon...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This is EXACTLY the sort of rubbish I was referring to. How on earth do you claim to know that Nathan's decision to leave Geelong was about his "desire"? It has been well documented this year that Guy Mckenna has been more than happy with his work ethic. Seriously. You wouldn't have the first idea what the GFC has or hasn't done for the Ablett family over the journey. no doubt they have paid Gazza jnr for his services. But it's common knowledge this current contract has seen him getting unders the last couple of years. Massive unders. They have also never honoured their public offer to snr re a assistant coaching job when he has pressed them about it. Gazza has MORE than paid the club back both off field and onfield for what they have paid him since we took him in the draft. Hopefully, some of you other posters on here can be more fair and reasonable than peanuts like eclefitc...

Sorry mate, you've been critical on a number of posts, especially those who have gone against your opinion. I realise that you believe you have an open ear to the family, or at least some ties that you hope would back up your statements.

This statement about Nathan's work ethic is a part of your statement which reflects the poor argument that you have devised. Of course McKenna is going to say that Nathan's work ethic is good; it provides the perception that he would have a contract in the next year. Thus also providing the inferrence that would suit Jnr's move to GC.

It is in McKenna's best interest to say such.

One can only measure how Nathan plays to whether he will have a contract beyond this year. He performed quite poorly this year, even with a pre-season behind him.

If Ablett determines his whole playing career on that decision only is foolhardy at best.

us little people are so stupid
you are smart because you know the family

Mate, you are such a flog. Just because you have spoken to Senior does not give you an overall summation of what has occurred. Again i ask what photo needed to be pulled from the Sun, given you know the family so well. And how much financial support was the family provided, over above employment income. AGAIN answer the question, as you are all knowing.

Your posts are typical of an arrogant person, much like Senior. Happy to hear an opinion. But every chance you get you big note yourself, and downgrade the little people.

I will revisit all the quotes on this issue. And Jnr has not acted in good faith in regards to this matter. Good luck to him in gc, it is obvious there is no goodwill left at geelong. Except for people who know the truth, from the senior coloured glasses.

As an above poster mentioned, its not WHAT he has or hasn't done that stinks, but the WAY its all panned out.

Lets just hope when he takes on the mighty Cats next year, he gets crucified.

I think is is 100% correct.

Its all about the way it was handled. No one blames him for taking $1.9 million a year. Blame the AFL for the money. How could you blame Ablett? Its not jealousy. Its the complete lack of respect he has given the club that he should be gunning for a flag with in 2011 - that would hurt more. A club that has done a lot for the Abletts and a club that has received a lot from the Abletts.

However, there shouldn't be the complete and utter disrespect to Geelong and her fans by pretending that the decision wasn't made last October. He screwed Geelong up in terms of other player contracts and possible trades. Most of this stuff is done early including recruiting.

Gary will never be welcome back in Geelong thanks to leaking his negotiations to the media - it has made he look like a liar (or at least deceitful). You would doubt Ablett, his management and the GFC leaked this. These unnamed sources that categorically all season have said Ablett is going come from one place. Look at the strike rate of rumoured signings so far. Any leaks at the GC? Someone up there turned this into a media nightmare.

Ablett needs to be concerned. They have ruined his legacy at Geelong already and he won't get anywhere near the respect he gets at Geelong. I'm sick of all this I got paid unders (when he was getting paid massive overs to start with), I need to help Nathan and all the other excuses which are obviously coming out of Ablett's camp in order to justify that he is going for money. No one blames you Gary, just don't lie to people.

This is not jealousy. Its a belief that given the situation that the GFC deserved more respect and should have known for a long time as the truth will come out even if its in 10 years time when another player writes a book and puts in something stupid like "Ablett having signed convinced me to go" etc. It always does. If Ablett has done anything he has to admit it.

You guys need to stop taking personal swipes at each other over a opinion (me included I guess)

I expect Gaz to go this week, some don't.

I don't care who the player is, or the way the situation has been handled, they don't deserve a complete lack of respect.
Never mind a player like this.

Chill

As previously stated, ill be devo'd (as a cats fan) when he goes. But as a human being, I totally understand why he is going. not even because I know him, but more because I'm imagining how i would feel in the same situation. That is all. As a Cats fan, it sucks that he is going. And honestly, for all the people crapping on about him lieing, I genuinely dont believe he definitively made up his mind until last week. So I dont think he has been lieing. Would have been announced already had the AFL asked him not to. Again, lots of judgement and conclusion jumping from a lot of people with no idea, other than what Caro and Robbo tell them.
And yet he went away for the weekend to decide? So he's lying...

Seriously, even if you are right, and he made his decision last week, instead of having the decency to go gracefully and tell the cats fans, who have adored him for his entire career, he listens to the AFL and holds off the announcement. Great character there.....

I think Gaz would like another 3 - 6 months to make his mind up. 12 months just isn't long enough obviously:rolleyes:

This whole Gaz/Gold Coast scenario puts Jana Pittmans knee injury soap opera before the Athens Olympics in to oblivion.

media speculation does not equate to fact

some of you would do well to be reminded of this

Agreed. But....

If the media speculation was untrue, wouldn't it be in Gary's best interest to put something, anything, on the record refuting the speculation?

The silence thus far has been deafening.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back