Ablett & Varcoe Out?

Remove this Banner Ad

Re: Ablett & Varoce Out?

The team in post 10 by Winty, doesnt actually look too bad, on paper still a very strong midfield, and forward line still good, the only bad thing is Scarletts name missing. I expect us to play a midfielder or 2 behind the ball to flood the Brisbanes forward line and then just run run run.

Last year we won all 5 games Ablett missed, and 2 already this year.

Dont panic, our team still looks better than Brisbanes.

This will be a great test and a great match to watch.

Im actually excited, because a lot of these players coming in are going to be our team in 5 years.

Im actuallly hoping Taylor Hunt gets a nod, apparently he's lightning quick, will be good to see him and Wojack running full pace out of the backliine.

I think Bombers got his rounds mixed up and thinks we are playing the Demons this week. He will turn up at the MCG on saturday and be like wtf.....

lol, cats will thrash em., but i feel cats are resting players up to make sure there fit at seasons end.

I hope we do the same thing for the Sydney game. Playing on that shitful surface at ANZ stadium is what hurt a lot of the guys heading into the finals last year.

So how come we have 6 (i.e. SIX) injury outs following St K game and the Aints have NONE??!! WTF???!!!!!! Are we that unlucky or is there something else going on??!! :mad: :thumbsdown:

I am very excited about this match now. :D

Very different line up with the future of our team on display, would've loved to have seen Taylor Hunt playing also, but this is going to provide much needed experience to everyone!
Not just the new kids but the experienced ones as well, they will have to step up another level to help cover the missing pieces in our structure and take the game on if we are to win this, instead of the players missing from the side.

I still expect us to win but if we lose we can play the hawthorn card ;)

So how come we have 6 (i.e. SIX) injury outs following St K game and the Aints have NONE??!! WTF???!!!!!! Are we that unlucky or is there something else going on??!! :mad: :thumbsdown:

We're thinking bigger picture. After last years GF farce I think it's the right thing to do.

There's no need to take risks in July.

well this is quite strange because Lonergan wont be able to go with Bradshaw i wouldnt think, so he would have to either share that role with Harry or Harry will have to go to Bradshaw. Or Gillies will have to have a crack at Bradshaw.

With those emergencies this just tells me that Donohue will be a very likely delisting come seasons end if Taylor Hunt a first year player is being named ahead of him. We are screwed if our midfield dont get it right.

Why not Harley to Bradshaw, Lonners/Taylor to Brown with Gillies 3rd man up?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Well, Geelong are 3 games ahead of Bulldogs in second place so unless we lose the next 4 games I think we'd be assured of second place. I think Bomber is wise to rest some of our sore guys. It gives them a break and they can come back fresh ready for the finals - and we get to have a look at our young guys and see if they look like they will adapt to the pressure of AFL football.

By the way I thought Simon Hogan played well last week - he has quick hands and made some good decisions under intense pressure (which is rare from a young player - if you exclude Joel Selwood of course because he was born ready to play AFL)

Happy to see Hogan retain his place and Djidi get another crack.

I think we can handle the losses of Ablett and Ling without any trouble (still plenty of class in Bartel, Selwood, Corey and Chapman with Enright and Byrnes floating through...) but it's the backline that worries me. I'll be extremely surprised to see Taylor line up and think Laidler will get his spot.

I know some of our good players are out, but they have been replaced with some good ones too, just means that our other key players will just have to stand up. Jimmy and the 2 joels will be working hard in midfield. The team still looks pretty strong, no need to worry :)

Hey guys was just on the AFL website and the reasons for Ablett and Varcoes outs seems to be:
Gary Ablett (calf)
Travis Varcoe (shoulder soreness)

Im not surprised Trav is out with a sore shoulder with the amount of tape that guy wears on his shoulders!

Hey guys was just on the AFL website and the reasons for Ablett and Varcoes outs seems to be:
Gary Ablett (calf)
Travis Varcoe (shoulder soreness)

Now that you mention it, K-Rock's broadcast on Sunday mentioned that he'd been getting some treatment on his calf during the match.

We're thinking bigger picture. After last years GF farce I think it's the right thing to do.

There's no need to take risks in July.

I agree. I think that now the chance of going through he season undefeated is over let's get a team that is right for the finals. I think Bomber has learn't from last year. All we need to do is finish in the top 3 and considering we are 2 games clear in second place right now all things are going nicely.

But I am sure all the football flogs out their will think Geelong is being arrogant for resting players but they can get stuffed.

But I am sure all the football flogs out their will think Geelong is being arrogant for resting players but they can get stuffed.

Robert Walls will have a field day with us this week :rolleyes:

Anyone know how long Ablett will be out for?

Seriously, we are in big trouble on the weekend. I am going to splurge on the Lions. Will have to check out the odds on them.

I assume Harley will take Bradshaw but who the hell takes J Brown?

Splurge on lions at your peril mate, im still extremely confident we wil go well...nearly confident enough to take up the cats over 39.5 at juicy odds:rolleyes:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back