Abortion

Remove this Banner Ad

I'm going to put in my 2 cents, I might only be 14 but I have a strong opinion on abortions. I am pro-choice. I'm also religious. Taking away a womans right to kill a fetus is a disgusting act and should be punishable. It should also be the woman's choice not the mans (or the child bearer in same sex couples) as a man who has never had sex people tell me that I don't understand. This is complete and utter bullshit you don't have to be a woman to understand that abortion is ok. Woman should have control of their own bodies.

I'm curious as to which religion this would fly in.

A man's emotions can be ruined but it's ultimately much worse for the woman. Therefore a mans feelings and opinions should be taken into account however the woman should have the final say.

It should be astonishing that you didn't even think that he could be referring to the child growing in the woman's womb.

**** off Tony.
Do you tell teenage rape victims their living nightmare is a gift from Jesus?

confused.gif

Who are you even talking to?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It’s the most difficult part of the entire debate, but in saying that, do you tell a grown human who was born under these circumstances that they are someone’s nightmare and shouldn’t have lived?

Who tells grown humans that?

You're happy for teenage girls to be forced to have rape babies?

It's a genuine question to investigate, how many pregnancies are there a year due to sexual assault compared to how many are aborted for lifestyle reasons.

If it's going to be used to sell the entire package it should be a large part of the problem. I believe hospitalization post assault has anti-pregnancy intervention as part of the treatment, and I don't consider that abortion as it would be no different to having medication that makes your uterus a concrete wall that can't catch anything so the material will slide right on by.

Obvious grey areas are whether a victim of sexual assault would present at a hospital, particularly a very young one or in a domestic situation and we wouldn't want women having to accuse their step dad of assaulting her when she made a mistake with her boyfriend to get out of the problem.

It's a genuine question to investigate, how many pregnancies are there a year due to sexual assault compared to how many are aborted for lifestyle reasons.

If it's going to be used to sell the entire package it should be a large part of the problem.

No. It doesn't work like that.

Ian Smith (Harold from Neighbours) was given up for adoption as his birth mother was a 14 year old rape victim. That's the only 'celebrity' case I've heard of.

Who tells grown humans that?

You're happy for teenage girls to be forced to have rape babies?

Think of it from the standpoint of someone who believes life starts in the womb. Wouldn't it make sense that I'd be just as repulsed by the idea of a tiny baby being forced to be pulled apart by surgical instruments?

I would not wish the above situation on any girl. It's wretched and abhorrent. But I would hope that if it was either of my daughters, they would see it as a situation through which some amount of comfort could ultimately be taken, thanks to the blessing that a child is.

You often hear of situations where women from abusive relationships obviously are traumatised by what their partner put them through, but take some comfort from the fact that said union gave them the greatest thing in their life - their children. As breathtakingly difficult as it would be to take that same comfort from such a dire situation as being raped and left with an unborn child, id like to think that people have a similar outlook.

Just a curious question for the anti-abortion people.

If a girl has a miscarriage at say 16 weeks, should there be a police investigation into what the caused this? Should the girl be punished by law if she smoked or drank alcohol and that caused the miscarriage?

Whatever happened to 'if you are anti-abortion, don't get an abortion'?
Hyperbole usually happens.

Ending any inconvenient life blah blah, can't defend themselves blah blah

That's what happens.

Interesting discussion around murder and it's place in law. I personally don't think we need laws against murder for us to know it is unethical and not do it, abortion has the discussion about the ethics still going on.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back