Remove this Banner Ad

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1
From earlier this year:

Abrolhos Islands drug-smuggling trial told men were on drinking trip when boat ran aground​

Posted Wed 9 Feb 2022 at 8:23amWednesday 9 Feb 2022 at 8:23am, updated Wed 9 Feb 2022 at 4:26pm

Three men who deny involvement in the attempted importation of $73 million worth of drugs into Western Australia told police they were sailing around the remote Abrolhos Islands because they were on a "boys' trip" to snorkel, fish and "drink a few beers" together.
They all denied knowing the two men who were found on the same island as the drugs.

Then:

Antoine Dicenta pleads guilty as details from Abrolhos Islands drug-smuggling trial come to light​

By Joanna Menagh
Posted April 26, 2022

British man Jason Lassiter, American Scott Jones and Angus Jackson from New South Wales were found guilty after a lengthy trial earlier this year.

Palmer, who was arrested on the island along with Dicenta, pleaded guilty earlier this month.

The court was told Dicenta and Palmer had picked up the drugs on August 27, 2019, at Richards Bay in South Africa where they were loaded onto the yacht from another vessel.

In what was a series of bungles that plagued the importation, Dicenta appeared to have accidentally recorded the moment the drugs were taken on board on his mobile phone.

From earlier this year:

Abrolhos Islands drug-smuggling trial told men were on drinking trip when boat ran aground​

Posted Wed 9 Feb 2022 at 8:23amWednesday 9 Feb 2022 at 8:23am, updated Wed 9 Feb 2022 at 4:26pm

Three men who deny involvement in the attempted importation of $73 million worth of drugs into Western Australia told police they were sailing around the remote Abrolhos Islands because they were on a "boys' trip" to snorkel, fish and "drink a few beers" together.
They all denied knowing the two men who were found on the same island as the drugs.

Then:

Antoine Dicenta pleads guilty as details from Abrolhos Islands drug-smuggling trial come to light​

By Joanna Menagh
Posted April 26, 2022

British man Jason Lassiter, American Scott Jones and Angus Jackson from New South Wales were found guilty after a lengthy trial earlier this year.

Palmer, who was arrested on the island along with Dicenta, pleaded guilty earlier this month.

The court was told Dicenta and Palmer had picked up the drugs on August 27, 2019, at Richards Bay in South Africa where they were loaded onto the yacht from another vessel.

In what was a series of bungles that plagued the importation, Dicenta appeared to have accidentally recorded the moment the drugs were taken on board on his mobile phone.

that's not fair using Dicenta's evidence against him

ms finch

All Australian
Aug 26, 2020
AFL Club
St Kilda
I just had to say that this is one of the funniest things I've read in a long time. I was laughing so hard at the seal incident that my husband came to find out what was so funny. Thanks for sharing it.

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1

Operation beset by bungles​

I just had to say that this is one of the funniest things I've read in a long time. I was laughing so hard at the seal incident that my husband came to find out what was so funny. Thanks for sharing it

Four men have been sentenced to jail terms of between 22 and 33 years over the importation of a tonne of drugs – worth up to $184 million – that were discovered on a tiny island off the coast of Western Australia.

& for ms finch:
The importation was beset by a series of bungles that included not only the two vessels running aground, but the accidental audio recording of the loading of the drugs onto the Zero off the coast of South Africa.
The recording was played in court, and the two men on board could be heard talking about the large quantity of the drugs which they referred to as cocaine and ice.

Space to play or pause, M to mute, left and right arrows to seek, up and down arrows for volume.
WATCH
Duration: 1 minute 32 seconds1m 32s

Play Video. Duration: 1 minute 32 seconds

A pocket call records the moment the Zero took possession of the drugs from another vessel.

Aug 14, 2011
Trafalgar
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Mclaren Mercedes F1

Antoine Dicenta handed 26-year jail sentence over Abrolhos Islands drug smuggling attempt​

The final player in a bungled attempt to smuggle hundreds of kilograms of drugs with an estimated value of up to $185 million into Western Australia has been sentenced to 26 years in jail.

Key points:​

• Antoine Dicenta skippered a yacht to collect the drugs from South Africa
  • But the plan began falling apart when the boat ran aground
  • The drugs would have been worth up to $185 million on the street

Frenchman Antoine Dicenta, who turned 55 last Friday, is the fifth and final man to be jailed over the massive haul, which was discovered on a tiny island in the Houtman Abrolhos archipelago, off the coast of Geraldton, in September 2019.

Back