Remove this Banner Ad

Swans120

Norm Smith Medallist
Dec 14, 2008
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Manly, Waratahs
Thought i'd have a go at the SA's and AB's XV's for the hell of it (at least what i'd pick if i were them):

1. Woodcock
2. Mealamu (Hore injured)
3. Tialata
4. Thorn
5. Boric (Jack hasn't been starting for the Crusaders but would be in with a shot same with Michael Paterson of the Canes)
6. Thompson
7. McCaw
8. Read
9. Cowan (Ellis has been good when not injured)
10. Carter
11. Sivivatu
12. Nonu
13. Smith (Kahui doing well until he got hurt)
14. Jane (played really well last year on the wing but Smokin' Joe has been scoring well lately as have Maitland and Guildford of the Crusaders)
15. Muliaina

16. Paul'o/Rutledge
17. Afoa (i like Jamie Mackintosh from the Highlanders but he just seems to get hurt too much)
18. Jack
19. Kaino
20. Ellis
21. Donald
22. Toeava

1. Beast
2. Du Plessis
3. Smit (he will be there but i'm not as big a wrap on him anymore, i'd put in Brok Harris personally)
4. Matfield
5. Bekker (Botha not fully fit yet and Bekker has been the best lock of the S14 by a fair margin)
6. Burger
7. Smith
8. Spies
9. Du Preez
10. Steyn
11. Habana
12. Olivier
13. Fourie
14. Pietersen
15. Kirchner

16. Botha
17. Harris
18. Botha
19. Vermuelen/Kankowski
20. Duvenage
21. Pienaar
22. Pretorius

Thought i'd have a go at the SA's and AB's XV's for the hell of it (at least what i'd pick if i were them):

1. Woodcock
2. Mealamu (Hore injured)
3. Tialata
4. Thorn
5. Boric (Jack hasn't been starting for the Crusaders but would be in with a shot same with Michael Paterson of the Canes)
6. Thompson
7. McCaw
8. Read
9. Cowan (Ellis has been good when not injured)
10. Carter
11. Sivivatu
12. Nonu
13. Smith (Kahui doing well until he got hurt)
14. Jane (played really well last year on the wing but Smokin' Joe has been scoring well lately as have Maitland and Guildford of the Crusaders)
15. Muliaina

16. Paul'o/Rutledge
17. Afoa (i like Jamie Mackintosh from the Highlanders but he just seems to get hurt too much)
18. Jack
19. Kaino
20. Ellis
21. Donald
22. Toeava

Toeava, Nonu, and Mils all injured.

Put Dagg at 10 shift Carter to centers. Swap Kaino with Thompson, anyone with Mealamu, and get rid of both Jack and Donald. They have no business with the blacks.

No way would i take Carter out of 10, especially if it were for someone who doesn't even play 10 for his S14 side. Thompson has been awesome this year so i'd back him in over Kaino.

Mils is playing club footy now so i reckon he'll be ready by the time the tests begin, forgot about Nonu and Toeava though. Dagg onto the bench for Toeava and i dunno for 12...

I'm not as crazy about him as many are either...AB's just don't seem to have a lot of depth in the inside backs.

AB's in fact are kinda looking a bit thin TBH. Not quite the usual depth from what i can see.

Dont understand why the SBOKS hardly ever use their backline, have some of the best players in the world in each position. I.e Du Preez, Habana, Fourie.
Is Oliver young? The guys a freak I reckon.

I think he's about 26. He's a really smart player and very strong for a not overly big guy. He has to be the 12 inside Fourie. As you said, it's a very strong backline behind what is always a fierce pack.

The NZ squad just announced:

Anthony Boric North Harbour (13)
Aled de Malmanche Waikato (2)
Tom Donnelly Otago (6)
Ben Franks Tasman (uncapped)
Owen Franks Canterbury (9)
Jerome Kaino Auckland (25)
Richie McCaw (capt) Canterbury (80)
Keven Mealamu Auckland (71)
Kieran Read Canterbury (16)
Adam Thomson Otago (15)
Brad Thorn Canterbury (37)
Neemia Tialata Wellington (41)
Victor Vito * Wellington
Tony Woodcock North Harbour (61)
Backs:
Daniel Carter Canterbury (66)
Jimmy Cowan Southland (33)
Aaron Cruden * Manawatu
Israel Dagg * Hawke's Bay
Zac Guildford Hawke's Bay (2)
Cory Jane Wellington (12)
Richard Kahui Waikato (8)
Mils Muliaina Waikato (82)
Josevata Rokocoko Auckland (60)
Conrad Smith Wellington (33)
Benson Stanley * Auckland
Piri Weepu Wellington (35)

Not considered due to injury: Mike Delany (shoulder), Stephen Donald (shoulder), Jason Eaton (knee), Andrew Hore (shoulder), Ma'a Nonu (knee), Sitiveni Sivivatu (shoulder), Isaia Toeava (hip) and Ali Williams (Achilles)

Remove this Banner Ad

Back