Absurdity of the 'Country' game

Remove this Banner Ad

In a round where the afl has a match in Shanghai they inexplicably schedule Sheedy's brain fart at the mcg. How the hell can a country themed game be played in the most populous city in the state? Would it be so hard to fixture the country game in a rural town?

Because Melbourne is the home of Melbourne Bitter, the farmers beer.

Last edited:

I'm from the country. Last year I moved to Melbourne to study temporarily. My class mates who some had degrees and other various qualifications had no clue where my country town was. No clue what South West, Wimmera, Mallee and so on meant!

Had they heard of the Port vs Suns game, and were any of their relatives going to the game?

I'm a bit curious on the theme, are they donating more money from the round to country football - or is it just an excuse to get some players to sit on a few hay bales, put on a barley feathered akubra and wink at the camera? I'm from the country originally, and really find that s**t a bit rich.

Do you think they actually donate money to country football?

Not before the 'one legged dwarf lesbian surfers' round.
Hey, that's a bit below the belt.

Marginalising people as "surfers' is just not acceptable behaviour and only further entrenches community stereotypes.

Hey, that's a bit below the belt.

Marginalising people as "surfers' is just not acceptable behaviour and only further entrenches community stereotypes.
I'm not marginalising anyone as surfers, i literally meant one legged dwarf lesbians who actually surf, those who don't can start their own round.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

In a round where the afl has a match in Shanghai they inexplicably schedule Sheedy's brain fart at the mcg. How the hell can a country themed game be played in the most populous city in the state? Would it be so hard to fixture the country game in a rural town?
So we have a 'country' theme and a 'play in another country' theme all in the one round!
They think of everything!!

It's utter guff.

It's the bad aftertaste of Sheedy losing his marbles, but just before anyone realised it. This was in that phase when people still thought he was some sort of crazy genius - except that the genius bit had actually already passed.

His pre-match address to GWS before their first game was when everyone finally realised he'd lost his mind and that it was time for him to shelved. Unfortunately, this 'country game' s**t came before then.
Yeah this is a great post. He's actually bonafide ******* crazy. Leigh Matthews is another.

Why should we celebrate farmers? Why not doctors? Teacher? Financial advisors? Lawyers. Farmers are not special.
This rhetoric about protecting farmers... why? So they can pillage the earth, kill animals, and shoot s**t and in the process make heaps of money? If their industry is kaputt then that's their issue and they need to adapt, just as many other people in the car, steel, manufacturing industries have had to. Farmers are usually very odd, queer folk and they can root cows if they want but fundamentally they have a strange entitlement. Why should we help them out? Why should we feel sorry for people who own three Range Rovers, kids at private school in the city, a $3.4 million dollar property and working for themselves on it every day, and two beach houses in Lorne/Albany? Regular folk get up as early as them and get home later, put up with campaigner bosses, and get 700 bucks a week at the end of it. These *ers saying oh boo boo we need assistance and oh boo hoo it ain't what it was... shut the * up! * farmers.

Yeah this is a great post. He's actually bonafide ******* crazy. Leigh Matthews is another.
Sheedy's crazy like a fox. He knows what he's doing, and sometimes plays dumb in the media. He didn't get his incredible longevity as a coach by accident.

People said he was mad when he came out publicly and said we should get Israel Folau back from Rugby late in 2016. I genuinely believe he was making smoke for us as a club entering finals for the first time.d Deflecting the media with some harmless rubbish.

He certainly told our players not to take a backward step regardless of the scoreboard in the early days when we were getting flogged monotonously. He probably wasn't as hard on his young group as Clarkson was in the run up to 2008.

You need to look deep at what he does to understand his motivation I think.

Sheedy's crazy like a fox. He knows what he's doing, and sometimes plays dumb in the media. He didn't get his incredible longevity as a coach by accident.

People said he was mad when he came out publicly and said we should get Israel Folau back from Rugby late in 2016. I genuinely believe he was making smoke for us as a club entering finals for the first time.d Deflecting the media with some harmless rubbish.

He certainly told our players not to take a backward step regardless of the scoreboard in the early days when we were getting flogged monotonously. He probably wasn't as hard on his young group as Clarkson was in the run up to 2008.

You need to look deep at what he does to understand his motivation I think.
You don't have to look deep at all.

Once upon a time he was the master of manipulation and at getting what he wanted - he was ahead of the game.

But no longer.

He's like an old comedian coming out on stage and doing the slanty eyes Asian jokes that used to be hilarious 30 years ago, but now are just considered offensive, outdated and simply not funny.

Once upon a time he was the master of manipulation and at getting what he wanted - he was ahead of the game.

But no longer.

He's like an old comedian coming out on stage and doing the slanty eyes Asian jokes that used to be hilarious 30 years ago, but now are just considered offensive, outdated and simply not funny.
I think your taking a superficial view, and not getting it.

He's not crazy, he's EXACTLY what happens to someone who has drunk heavily for decades.

Anyway, the game is most appropriate for Essendon, pack of count(ry)s they are.

Screenshot_20180517-120936_Chrome.jpg

But no longer.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back