Academy Watch

Remove this Banner Ad

People need to remember we're either spending ports 1st round pick on him or our second rounder + change. It will be a bargain for the potential he brings to the table. The fact he can be a marking beast with elite kicking skills and dominate the ruck is huge. Especially great considering his future team mates in Schache and Hipwood are different styles of KPF to him.

People need to remember we're either spending ports 1st round pick on him or our second rounder + change. It will be a bargain for the potential he brings to the table. The fact he can be a marking beast with elite kicking skills and dominate the ruck is huge. Especially great considering his future team mates in Schache and Hipwood are different styles of KPF to him.
Third possibility is that it costs us Ports pick and a big chunk of points from our second round pick, pushing our second round pick down to the bottom of the second round.

Anyone got a link to the article last year saying that teams could not use traded picks to match academy bids?

I thought teams could choose if they want to use traded picks on bids if they want, but it isn't compulsory.

Anyone got a link to the article last year saying that teams could not use traded picks to match academy bids?
I dont remember there being an article.
Just bf speculation. But i hope it is true.
I really think we need the 2 best mids/inside and out we can get before we have to match a bid.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From memory of the event it wasn't that the club couldn't use traded picks, it was more that they had the option not to use them if they could match the bids using other picks I believe.

Teams are out for round 1:

Payne at FB, Clayton HFF, Ballenden FF. No Ben Sloan.

Nick Blakey (FS) also named at FP for the Allies

I really hope we can somehow get Blakey next year. Even if he doesn't nominate us we could bid on him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back