access points

Remove this Banner Ad

Nov 10, 2013
The Valley near the Alley
AFL Club
Gold Coast
Other Teams
Hell no
Is there such a think as an access point unit/device that has ethernet points (as well as distributing a wifi signal) ?

My situation – i have my main router in a metal box in a cupboard, hence its wifi signal is pretty terrible.
But my house is wired and as such, at the far end of the house and in the central lounge i have two routers i am using as access points, with wifi access from both, and in the case of the lounge one, i also use the ethernet ports to connect my tv and foxtel box .

The lounge one is very old and the wifi signal no longer working well – but the ethernet ports are fine.
So i could grab a newer router and replace the lounge one, replacing like for like essentially.

Or, is there such a thing as an access point device i could replace it with, delivering both a wifi signal and at least 2 ethernet ports?
any suggestions?

As far as I'm aware you just need a wifi router that does bridge mode, otherwise if you feel the need to completely upgrade Netgear do some mesh kits that allow for a wired backhaul

As far as I'm aware you just need a wifi router that does bridge mode, otherwise if you feel the need to completely upgrade Netgear do some mesh kits that allow for a wired backhaul
Yep going to get a deco m9 and replace the dodgy old router im using as an access point. This has an extra lan port so i can run a switch off it for my hardwired tv and fox box. And of course it will do wi fi.

Is there such a think as an access point unit/device that has ethernet points (as well as distributing a wifi signal) ?

My situation – i have my main router in a metal box in a cupboard, hence its wifi signal is pretty terrible.
But my house is wired and as such, at the far end of the house and in the central lounge i have two routers i am using as access points, with wifi access from both, and in the case of the lounge one, i also use the ethernet ports to connect my tv and foxtel box .

The lounge one is very old and the wifi signal no longer working well – but the ethernet ports are fine.
So i could grab a newer router and replace the lounge one, replacing like for like essentially.

Or, is there such a thing as an access point device i could replace it with, delivering both a wifi signal and at least 2 ethernet ports?
any suggestions?
Can you move the metal one out of the cupboard or is it stuck there?
Ask your isp to create some ethernet ports

Remove this Banner Ad

Back