Accounting internship

Remove this Banner Ad

Matt_352

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 28, 2014
AFL Club
Collingwood
I have been calling up Accounting firms then sending them my cv via email for a little bit now with no success yet. Any advice in obtaining an internship in accounting at a firm or company in melbourne?

I'm not sure about the accounting industry specifically but there's every chance that many firms don't hire interns on an ad hoc basis but rather they'd have programs already in place, which they'd get their interns from a pool of candidates through an application process.

My suggestion: put together an accounting or financial analysis report together (it can be one you've done at uni) and send it to them along with your CV. Most firms are probably getting hundreds of emails every month from students looking for intern opportunities, and most of them are only sending in a bare-bones CV.

I have been calling up Accounting firms then sending them my cv via email for a little bit now with no success yet. Any advice in obtaining an internship in accounting at a firm or company in melbourne?
Who have you been applying to? Big 4? Middle tier? Your uni has open days where these firms have representation and you can talk to them. Normally a summer vacation period for 4-8 weeks.

What are your grades like?

for a big 4 you generally apply 18 months before finishing, so you can do summer work experience and have your job lined up before you start your third year.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back