Club Legend
Oct 9, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
Indiana Pacers
Hey all,
Around this time last year i injured my knee playing footy.
It was eventually found via an MRI that i had damaged my ACL and my meniscus. I had an arthroscope done to repair the tear in the meniscus, however during the surgery the doctor found the ACL to be only partially torn and decided that a ACL reco was not necessary.
Did all the rehab with the physio, played cricket all summer with little issues. Returned to training for footy with no issues. But then, first quarter back to competitive footy i felt a bit of instability in the knee and bit of a pop sound. Wasnt painful, and i was able to run from the field and did return to the game. But then i decide to pull the pin.
The days since i have had no pain or discomfort. Spoke to my surgeon and he explained that my partial torn ACL will hold up in most situations but is likely to give me some instability.
He has given me the option to go for a partial knee reco if instability issue persist
Has anyone else experienced something similiar? if so, what course of action did you take and how were the results?

Thanks

I was informed that even if you have partially torn your ACL, it is best to get a full knee reco as ligaments don't heal over time by themselves, because of a poor blood supply. In saying that there is a lot of sports doctors with varying opinions.
Whatever path you take hope your back on the field in no time, as ACL injuries take some time getting over.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back