ACT/NSW/QLD - Sunday TV Coverage

Remove this Banner Ad

timmytow

Debutant
Jun 14, 2007
Here
AFL Club
Melbourne
I have let this go for 3 weeks this year. However, yet again viewrs in the ACT, NSW and QLD get the same game, at the same time on Seven and Foxtel. Always Brisbane or Sydney. Now I can understand one channel always selecting the Sydney or Brisbane game...but why both?!
I thought the AFL was trying to promote the game not specific teams in those areas. Each time this has happened this year the 'not shown' game has been close while the shown game has been a rout.

Does anyone know a good contact in the AFL that I should direct my gripe towards?

Anyone else want to join the complaint campaign?

Noticed the same thing myself Timmy, and living in Canberra let me tell you its an absolute pain! (As if living in Canberra isn't pain enough). Trouble is, they reckon we're all Sydney supporters up here, just because of our proximity to that city. But that doesn't explain why we get other interstate games (unless they stupidly think that because we're interstate in Canberra then we'll be interested in other interstate games?)

Wouldn't Ch 7 or Foxtel get a bigger slice of the viewing pie by not competing against each other with the same viewing product? As it was on Sunday, I opted for Foxtel - no brainer, fewer ad breaks.

I'll gladly support any campaign you care to mount Timmy.

Yep.. I'm in ACT as well.. Fox and FTA Sat and Sun games, both live and SAME game.. How stupid!!!

so much for promoting the game up here.:thumbsdown:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back