Actors & Actresses you just don't like!

Remove this Banner Ad

Apparently John Wayne was a s**t bloke too but even so, you have to judge them by their era.

As for my picks, the two that instantly come to mind for me are Mark Wahlberg and Kevin Hart.

The former isn't just because of his hate crimes, I believe in second chances and all that, it's just the way he's "dealt" with it, has never really showed any public remorse or guilt. He has a massive "I could've stopped 9/11" ego. Arrogant twat, don't care for his politics/religious views either but that usually doesn't come into it for me and obviously people can have different values and still be decent people. Just don't think Marky Mark is one of those guys.
Yep Marky Mark (and his handlers) have left much of his racist past be swept under the carpet. I find it hard to trust the bloke, let alone like him. Added to that, he has recently rubbished the one film he was truly great in - BOOGIE NIGHTS - due to its subject matter!

Dave Franco, he is only good as unlikeable scum, I lost all respect for Alison Brie when i found out she married him.

Nicole Kidman, Tom Cruise and Keira Knightley are actors i try and avoid too

My wife flat out refused to watch Ricky Stanicky because John Cena was in it. Even when I said after the film that he was actually funny and the only real highlight of the film, she reiterated she has no interest in watching anything with him in it. Think it's a punchable face thing. Similar for Tom Cruise, though she at least acknowledges he's a good actor and can watch some films with him in it.

For me, I struggle to watch anything with Kevin Hart in it, he is just so annoying. And Rob Schneider is a guarantee of no quality.

My wife flat out refused to watch Ricky Stanicky because John Cena was in it. Even when I said after the film that he was actually funny and the only real highlight of the film, she reiterated she has no interest in watching anything with him in it. Think it's a punchable face thing. Similar for Tom Cruise, though she at least acknowledges he's a good actor and can watch some films with him in it.

For me, I struggle to watch anything with Kevin Hart in it, he is just so annoying. And Rob Schneider is a guarantee of no quality.
Agreed.

As I've said before, Wahlberg is the other one for me, it's a "punchable face thing" but also a s**t bloke thing, but then again I can watch Mel Gibson films no problem and he sounds like a complete ass IRL. If it was just about what I think of them personally then I probably couldn't watch half of these people.

My dad won't watch anything with Tom Cruise in it, which is funny because a lot of people don't like him but he's arguably the most popular actor of the modern era.

I think Cruise is more often than not at least passable in all that I have seen him do. I reckon he is perhaps the hardest working actor in Hollywood in the sense that I genuinely believe he does every bit of research that he can and fully prepares for each role. The issue I have is that I can SEE it. You can see the mechanics at work. It is as if he has no lived-experience and is calling on a form of AI to tell him how a certain character would act and react. In that sense it is like a ChatGPT essay - pretty much fine and ticks all the boxes but lacking the human aspect.

He had an interesting period when he was working with Kubrick and Paul Thomas Anderson in which he began to tap into aspects of himself. These were top-notch performances but he got a little too close to the real Tom and that scared him. So it was back to the action stuff. I will say that EDGE OF TOMORROW is excellent - especially the first half where he lets his guard down again.
Interesting take on Tom Cruise. Can definitely see where you're coming from. He was great imo in Edge of Tomorrow.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Interesting take on Tom Cruise. Can definitely see where you're coming from. He was great imo in Edge of Tomorrow.

Aye. I liked him in Edge of Tomorrow. Brings little depth to his roles.

I am allergic to Carey and Sandler and cannot bear to watch or treat seriously any film/show with Toni Collette.

Someone mentioned Laura Linney. I get it but Ozark turned my view around. This I Watched her in the Miracle Club with Kathy Bates and Maggie Smith. Terrific.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back