Acts that ended AFL careers

Remove this Banner Ad

Generally not broken legs but other injuries occur. It's often the way some players smother, instead of putting their hands out they attack the legs.

I'd prefer they had no rules and players were just taught not to go the legs or intentionally slide into the legs. The amount of times that rule has been paid when there was no sliding, it's not contact below the knees it's meant to be sliding into the knees.
I'm surprised their aren't more injuries. I cring everytime i see someone rushing a smother from the side with their body lining up the leg

I didn't say he took it. It was nothing like a clothesline. The arm guard was approved by the AFL, as was Shane Crawford's, and the tribunal cleared him. Get over it.
Bit late and where is the ball Lloyd. Koolaiders the lot of ya.

r3g1.jpg

I was at that game and although I would never advocate pushing an umpire (my son is now one), I thought Williams was a bit hard done by. Not that I liked him very much - he was a thug albeit a very good player.

Anyway a couple years after the incident I was at La Porcetta in Niddrie for lunch with my wife, son, and nephew. Both kids now 25, were probably about 8 at the time and Carlton supporters.

In walks Williams with his family and sits down. The kids ask can if they go and get Diesel's autograph and he had seen them and looked like he was expecting them to come over. My wife finds a pen an paper and says "off you go boys". They were both too gutless to go, making all sorts of excuses. Anyway my wife eventually says that as soon as the waitress takes their lunch order, that's it, its too late. So the boys miss their chance for an autograph.

After we'd finished, we go into the ice cream shop virtually next door an who should walk in with his little child - Denham. I could not help laughing and Denham says "what's up". I tell him that his mate is next door and that the kids have missed a golden opp to get both autographs on the same piece of paper.
This is an excellent story.

Steven King punching David Sirekowski in the temple during a marking contest. Knocked him out in mid air, Sira fell awkwardly and did his knee...only played a handful of games after that.

Steven King was a dirty bastard.

Shaun Rhen after some d*#khead decided putting a disk on the ground for the umpires to bounce the ball on

(Log in to remove this ad.)

False.

Barrie Robran injured in his knee in a state game during the 1974 season

He played for another six seasons and retired in 1980.

continued as half the man he was pre injury

Barrie's best made him arguably the best footballer from SA. Due to injury and the consideration of longevity, blight and ebert took that title.

continued as half the man he was pre injury

Barrie's best made him arguably the best footballer from SA. Due to injury and the consideration of longevity, blight and ebert took that title.
So we both agree you are full of crap for posting that Robran's career was ended by Matthews in 1974 and that he retired in 1980.

So we both agree you are full of crap for posting that Robran's career was ended by Matthews in 1974 and that he retired in 1980.

lol

keyboard warrior! relax and enjoy yourself

What Ablett Senior did to Gastev was one of the most cowardly acts I've seen on a football field. Thing is you saw it over and over with Ablett Senior - punctured Dipper's lung in the 89 GF.

He was always allowed to get away with it. So he kept on doing it. I could never understand why there wasn't uproar. Such a protected species...

I loved Ablett Senior but even to young me I couldn't quite understand how that was legal. A guy with ridiculous speed and strength being able to take a full run up and smash someone in the back.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back