Traded Adam Cerra traded to Carlton for pick #6 and F3

If he leaves (as widely reported), what will Freo get in return?

• Two good 1st round picks

• Top 10 pick and change

• A 1st & a 2nd

• Later 1st rounder

• Two 2nd rounders

• Early 2nd rounder

• Other 2nd round pick

• Less than a 2nd rounder

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

You were talking about leverage, but there's absolutely nothing to leverage out of the PSD because Freo aren't just going to lose one of their young gun guns for nothing.

Once a player nominates a club they deal exclusively with that club and try to wrangle as much as they can.
Again that is true. If Cerra does leave, it will be likely for under his actual value. Lucky to be pick 20-25. If he was under contract, easily worth a mid 1st rounder of pick 10-12.

I hope he does a Brayshaw and signs a new 4 year deal and serve 8 years in purple

And equally if you're Cerra at that point in time you chuck 800k per year on your head and wait for North to pick you up.

It'd never come to that, but unfortunately Freo can't use the threat of the PSD in their trade negotiations if/when Cerra did decide to leave.
And, Essendon, Carlton, even the hawks could throw a big contract on his head too.

Hoping it's all settled by midseason

Again that is true. If Cerra does leave, it will be likely for under his actual value. Lucky to be pick 20-25. If he was under contract, easily worth a mid 1st rounder of pick 10-12.

I hope he does a Brayshaw and signs a new 4 year deal and serve 8 years in purple

I would give our first round pick (8-14) for Cerra this offseason. I think you’re underselling him. We gave 8 for Saad who whilst better is much older.

Hard to keep Melbourne players in Perth. Hopefully he stays. Him, Brayshaw and Serong are a legit trio and will propel Freo up the ladder quickly. Freo can't lose him.

Isn’t it funny how people totally change their narrative/argument when talking about opposition players as opposed to their own.
If I used your quotes but changed Cez name to Cripps you’d shoot down all 3 points quick as a flash.
While I agree with the sentiment, I think Cripps is a poor example considering Cerra isn't half the player Cripps is.

While I agree with the sentiment, I think Cripps is a poor example considering Cerra isn't half the player Cripps is.
Thanks for your input what a revelation.
Only player at Carlton I know that is out of contract.
Maybe I should of went with Josh silvani
The other is value is also based on need,potential,years they have left at current output.
Some clubs would value Rowell over Fyfe

Last edited:
I usually agree with most of your posts. But you are under selling Adam Cerra. Yes Cripps is a 190cm 90 kg inside mid in his prime years.

Cerra would fit in most Vic clubs best 22. Since you are a dog's fan.

Cerra would thrive on your team's midfield as both an inside or out side mid. He would improve a fair bit on the right situation just like the last docker player you got in Crozier

Hard to keep Melbourne players in Perth. Hopefully he stays. Him, Brayshaw and Serong are a legit trio and will propel Freo up the ladder quickly. Freo can't lose him.
It's the city Victorians that are hard to retain. The country Victorian players are the ones that usually stay.

Michael Barlow didn't leave, he was pushed out. Mundy is a country boy. Sean Darcy is also a country boy, from Geelong exactly.

2nd round pick after we gave you Brad Hill for that as a gesture of goodwill ;)
You willing to finish bottom 4 and hand us pick 22?

Sounds about right. Enjoy doing to Adam Cerra the same way what we did to Brad Hill: hand him a 5 year deal at $500,000 a year. But the 1st 2 years are front loaded at $700,000 a year for the 1st 2 years, $500,000 for the 3rd year then $300,000 for years 4 and 5.

Cerra then gets traded out to another Vic club. hawks trade our cerra and a future 3rd rounder and in return get a mid 1st rounder, a 4th, and a future 2nd and a young midfielder.

I usually agree with most of your posts. But you are under selling Adam Cerra. Yes Cripps is a 190cm 90 kg inside mid in his prime years.

Cerra would fit in most Vic clubs best 22. Since you are a dog's fan.

Cerra would thrive on your team's midfield as both an inside or out side mid. He would improve a fair bit on the right situation just like the last docker player you got in Crozier
I realise my post probably came across overly harsh - in no way am I trying to devalue Cerra. I seriously rate him, and honestly think he could hit the next level over the next two years, it's just that I feel Cripps would have to be close to the most valuable player in the competition, so he's probably not the best player to compare to.

From the Dogs, it would be like trying to compare Bailey Smith to Bont. Bont is far and away the better player right now, but that doesn't mean Smith isn't a potential future star - he just isn't there yet and isn't comparable to Bont in terms of trade value.

If Cerra was to leave, of course Freo could name their price. Top 3 pick + player is probably overs for him, but it's absolutely their right to name their price. We just did it with Dunkley/Essendon and asking for two good 1sts, even if Dunkley isn't really worth that price on the open market. Also, to be fair, you guys did manage to snag Pick 2 for Lachie Weller, and Cerra now is probably a better player than Weller was at the time of his trade.

I realise my post probably came across overly harsh - in no way am I trying to devalue Cerra. I seriously rate him, and honestly think he could hit the next level over the next two years, it's just that I feel Cripps would have to be close to the most valuable player in the competition, so he's probably not the best player to compare to.

From the Dogs, it would be like trying to compare Bailey Smith to Bont. Bont is far and away the better player right now, but that doesn't mean Smith isn't a potential future star - he just isn't there yet and isn't comparable to Bont in terms of trade value.

If Cerra was to leave, of course Freo could name their price. Top 3 pick + player is probably overs for him, but it's absolutely their right to name their price. We just did it with Dunkley/Essendon and asking for two good 1sts, even if Dunkley isn't really worth that price on the open market. Also, to be fair, you guys did manage to snag Pick 2 for Lachie Weller, and Cerra now is probably a better player than Weller was at the time of his trade.
The main reason Freo some how got pick 2 from the gold coast for Weller was that Weller was contracted. The original trade was supposedly Freos pick 5 and Weller for the suns pick 2 and 21.

The reason saints paid overs for Brad Hill was he was under contract as well.

Cerra is out of contract. So if he gets traded, it's likely to be unders. Hoping Freo can secure him on a 4 year deal

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Not worth a top 5 pick in this draft. Maybe 7-8 range.
Even knowing the quality that's supposed to be in that top end, I still think it's not out of the question to want to pay a top 5 pick if Cerra improves further this year. When given the choice between a gamble, or a known quantity, you go for the latter more often than not.

For example - if you had to choose between Will Phillips (pick 3) or Adam Cerra, who do you go for? It's a no-brainer for me that you'd take Cerra, unless it's a genuine supedraft (2018) or you have Pick 1.

Not worth a top 5 pick in this draft. Maybe 7-8 range.
If he was still contracted, I would of been happy taking pick 12-15 out of your team and a future 2nd.

Out of contract..... Essendon finish 15th and have picks 4 and 22. Cerra chooses Essendon and Essendon offers just pick 22, Freo might be forced to take the deal.

If he was still contracted, I would of been happy taking pick 12-15 out of your team and a future 2nd.

Out of contract..... Essendon finish 15th and have picks 4 and 22. Cerra chooses Essendon and Essendon offers just pick 22, Freo might be forced to take the deal.
You'd get far more than pick 22 for Cerra. Especially if he steps it up again this year.

I think rating Cerra at pick 22 is some spectacular BigFooty style bastardisation... ;-)

If he were to leave every club in Victoria would coming sniffing. Freo would end up with at least 1 pick at the pointy end of the draft.

Even knowing the quality that's supposed to be in that top end, I still think it's not out of the question to want to pay a top 5 pick if Cerra improves further this year. When given the choice between a gamble, or a known quantity, you go for the latter more often than not.

For example - if you had to choose between Will Phillips (pick 3) or Adam Cerra, who do you go for? It's a no-brainer for me that you'd take Cerra, unless it's a genuine supedraft (2018) or you have Pick 1.

I take Elijah Hollands. But this is definitely a super draft at the top end.

Back