Traded Adam Cerra traded to Carlton for pick #6 and F3

If he leaves (as widely reported), what will Freo get in return?

• Two good 1st round picks

• Top 10 pick and change

• A 1st & a 2nd

• Later 1st rounder

• Two 2nd rounders

• Early 2nd rounder

• Other 2nd round pick

• Less than a 2nd rounder

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep.
If he doesn’t nominate Carlton before the GF it’s likely he’s a Demon next year. Apparently the Melbourne presentation was super impressive. Now just to find some collateral.

demons sent Goody ( best young coach in the comp - loving, caring, understanding prepared to take a gamble) Richo ( smart footy brain) Lambie ( AFL professional pick exchange expert) - Demons want Cerra but they respect its what's best for him - the choice is his.

Wishingful thinking again - I've been at the Tigers for the last 4 out of 5 years - learning how to treat players and win premierships. I know Blair and Francis very well - mini rebuild coming. Unless Dockers prepared to accept 15. This year I went back to Demons because of Yze and Choco. ( probably tells you where i was before Tigers)
Tigers don't have the $

Wishingful thinking again - I've been at the Tigers for the last 4 out of 5 years - learning how to treat players and win premierships. I know Blair and Francis very well - mini rebuild coming. Unless Dockers prepared to accept 15. This year I went back to Demons because of Yze and Choco. ( probably tells you where i was before Tigers)
I'd be interested to know in what capacity you were at the Tigers and whether the soft cap cuts had an influence on you leaving

Yes Dr Who, your revolutionary idea's of treating players well that you've mentioned several times, truly ground breaking stuff.

What's wishful thinking? If Tigers arent prepared to give up pick 7 that's fine and their choice and Cerra wont go there. I personally think Richmond are much better off getting Cerra than using pick 7 but I'm not going to pretend to have as much a clue as professional list teams.

You starting to sound like a Melbourne board posters circa 2020, treat the players like dirt, want them traded after ever poor game, sack the coaches after every poor season. You are getting quite negative.

Its just spitballing a few options - lighten up dont shoot the messenger.

Last edited:
You starting to sound like a Melbourne board posters circa 2020, treat the players like dirt, want them traded after ever poor game, sack the coaches after every poor season. You are getting quite negative.

Its just spitballing a few options - lighten up dont shout the messenger.
Mate, nothing you have said in that paragraph is in anyway applicable to anything I've said, what are you talking about.

Mate, nothing you have said in that paragraph is in anyway applicable to anything I've said, what are you talking about.

fair enough lets agree to disagree. You do understand its up to the Player? You are a full-time Docker ( great) I'm a part-time Docker - with that cap on you have to let the player decide, you have to put their interest 1st in all you do. Best thing I ever did was spend time at other clubs - you lose the tribalism and put the players and game 1st.

But each to their own. Cerra sounds like a fantastic young kid - lets do what is best for him. If he selects Blues - now Cook is there he will be fine.

fair enough lets agree to disagree. You do understand its up to the Player? You are a full-time Docker ( great) I'm a part-time Docker - with that cap on you have to let the player decide, you have to put their interest 1st in all you do. Best thing I ever did was spend time at other clubs - you lose the tribalism and put the players and game 1st.

But each to their own. Cerra sounds like a fantastic young kid - lets do what is best for him. If he selects Blues - now Cook is there he will be fine.
Cerra isnt going to be at the club anymore, we dont owe him anything. If he chooses Melbourne and they offer something grossly inadequate, we should take it so they player that's leaving after we've put a lot into him can get what he wants? We should neglect that players that WANT to be at our club by not maximising the talent we can get in the door so one leaving can do what he wants?

That doesnt make sense and I dont even know what we are agreeing to disagree on...

Last edited:
demons sent Goody ( best young coach in the comp - loving, caring, understanding prepared to take a gamble) Richo ( smart footy brain) Lambie ( AFL professional pick exchange expert) - Demons want Cerra but they respect its what's best for him - the choice is his.
Issue is he might want to go to demons, and they obviously would love to get him there but Freo will want more than two end of first round compo picks. They’ll ask for a Jackson.. No. or Brayshaw.. seems like a heart and soul player so the dees
Wouldn’t want to lose him.. so you have a stalemate… Peter Bell isn’t going to roll over.. He’s a tough negotiator..
Out of interest, how’s Adam Kingsley at tigers as an operator.. I went to school with Adam. Champion bloke..

Last edited:
Cerra isnt going to be at the club anymore, we dont owe him anything. If he chooses Melbourne and they offer something grossly inadequate, we should take it so they player that's leaving after we've put a lot into him can get what he wants? We should neglect that players that WANT to be at our club by not maximising the talent we can get in the door so one leaving can do what he wants?

That doesnt make sense and I dont even know what we are agreeing to disagree on...

Ok - fair enough you are 100% entitled to your views on Cerra. If I could give you a tip visit the GWS board its brilliant, breathe of fresh air, I admire and respect near every poster on the GWS board. But each to their own.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Cerra's had a change of heart. NSW is now his preferred destination. GWS BF board are suggesting Hogan for Cerra. Straight swap.
Great, I'm reliably informed those GWS posters are the best of the best, should be some healthy discussion had

Yep.
If he doesn’t nominate Carlton before the GF it’s likely he’s a Demon next year. Apparently the Melbourne presentation was super impressive. Now just to find some collateral.

I don't think they can that is the problem.

Cerra's main preference may be for the Demons, but it's been reported in the media and his management that he is happy to go to any club that can give Freo a fair trade.

It's not one of those occasions where a player nominates one club in one state only.

I don't think they can that is the problem.

Cerra's main preference may be for the Demons, but it's been reported in the media and his management that he is happy to go to any club that can give Freo a fair trade.

It's not one of those occasions where a player nominates one club in one state only.

He will eventually though. It will be interesting if it is a club in the top 4 like Melbourne.

All this bollocks about not trading players because they look after people so we'll will last of all 5 minutes when they need draft capital to bring Cerra in.

If Melbourne win the GF it is easily justifiable 'Hes a premiership player and a great servant of the club but we feel he should seek more opportunities elsewhere as he may struggle to be a B22 player next year"

If they lose it will be "we need more class like Cerra due to his skills and so we need to sacrifice in other areas where we have depth".

How they get it done is beyond me but there is no why they bring in Cerra without some fancy footwork at the trade table.

And the argument of pick 18 take it or leave it is boring, unrealistic and not an argument made in good faith.

I dont think he's a troll though, if he is, its a unique style and I would offer my kudo's for the creativity

Look "a troll" 2021 is just somebody that does not agree with your "echo chamber" - you sound like a great guy, passionate footy person. All i suggested was consider getting out of your own footy echo chamber. The players (past & present) come 1st only people that can effect scoreboard, coaches come 2nd - those 2 together then will give their all for supporters .

You dont have to do it - just consider not be blinded by one club thinking. But maybe best not to continue via pm-

Let Cerra choose, whatever he does I support and wish him well. Whatever any MFC, GWS, or Docker player does I support and wish them well.

Last edited:
Look "a troll" 2021 is just somebody that does not agree with your "echo chamber" - you sound like a great guy, passionate footy person. All i suggested was consider getting out of your own footy echo camber. The players (past & present) come 1st only people that can effect scoreboard, coaches come 2nd - those 2 together then will give their all for supporters .

You dont have to do it - just consider not be blinded by one club thinking. But maybe best not to continue - let Cerra choose, whatever he does I support and wish him well.
I'm not sure if it's just the way you write but you continue to put discussions points to me that just arent relevant and dont actually address anything I say. I literally said I dont think you are a troll, something I'm debating internally the more I talk with you.

I cant say agree to disagree because I'm not sure we are even talking about the same thing. Will take you up on your idea not to continue though before I get dizzy going around in circles

Why is Pickett linked? He is from SA not WA.
Has family in Wa as well if I remember correctly.
Interesting that Sam Edmund is saying that there must be a player involved with Cerra to Melbourne
There’s no way they get it done without moving a decent player. Future pick expected to be late teens + mid draft pick just can’t cut it.

weiderman would have very little value. Fringe players who can’t get games usually go for 4th rounders. The kf factor might see him worth a fraction more.
Sparrow just isn’t worth a lot.
Think freo would be eying off Jackson rivers and Pickett.
Petty is interesting. Just established himself, comes out of contract next season and melb has 2 quality key defenders already so he could be used to get a pick from a 3rd team (but even that pick isn’t going to be especially useful)

Glek, interested to know more mate. Anything further you are willing to share on the situation at the tigers?

Has family in Wa as well if I remember correctly.

There’s no way they get it done without moving a decent player. Future pick expected to be late teens + mid draft pick just can’t cut it.

weiderman would have very little value. Fringe players who can’t get games usually go for 4th rounders. The kf factor might see him worth a fraction more.
Sparrow just isn’t worth a lot.
Think freo would be eying off Jackson rivers and Pickett.
Petty is interesting. Just established himself, comes out of contract next season and melb has 2 quality key defenders already so he could be used to get a pick from a 3rd team (but even that pick isn’t going to be especially useful)
Petty isn't going anywhere. The kid will be a gun. Tomlinson is now expendable. He's potential trade bait.

Glek, interested to know more mate. Anything further you are willing to share on the situation at the tigers?

Sorry due to Covid left over 12 months ago. All I can say is you are a fantastic club, 100% respect from me. IMHO Blair is one of the best in the business, look you cant ignore Cerra and his ability. My personal opinion if it was next year - yip think you would be in. BUT only an opinion things change. You might decide the kid you want wont drop - so you turn attention elsewhere.

IMHO be patient ( as a Demon, Docker & GWS boy) this pains me to say think you will be back playing finals soon. You are just too well run in the backrooms not to be.

Back