Traded Adam Cerra traded to Carlton for pick #6 and F3

If he leaves (as widely reported), what will Freo get in return?

• Two good 1st round picks

• Top 10 pick and change

• A 1st & a 2nd

• Later 1st rounder

• Two 2nd rounders

• Early 2nd rounder

• Other 2nd round pick

• Less than a 2nd rounder

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Vossy coaching Carlton officially.

Cerra to announce his destination now?

Vossy coaching Carlton officially.

Cerra to announce his destination now?
nope-baby.gif

I hope richoatthedisco was watching when Cerra picked up Brownlow votes vs the tigers this year.....
Sure was. Played well. No one said he's not a good player.

I can't pick the sarcastic posts from the deluded ones.....help
The deluded ones are from Freo fans thinking he's worth pick 6 and 25.

No I think most of us were defending against those suggesting pick 6 with something going back the other way, saying it was too little.

If pick 6 didn't end up pick 8 in this draft I think most Freo supporters would say it is around the mark. I'd be fine with 6 (8) + 25 (27) with a F3 going back the other way - valuing Cerra at almost exactly pick #5. Which is similar to the Prestia trade, catering for the fact Cerra is younger than Prestia was. Or Carlton could use their F2 instead of 25. Unless a third club gets involved that seems around the mark to me.

Like similar situations on BF, the fans of the club trading out the player will want overs and the trading-in club fans will want unders. And the negotiations between clubs will likely be similar.

If Cerra was in the current draft pool he'd be a top 5 pick. He is easily in the top 5 best players from his draft year. I don't think we are asking too much to want the same pick #5 back that we originally spent on him.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So where would you rank Cerra?

50 would suggest pick 5-12.

Sorry, I must admit I thought you were suggesting Cerra would be worth pick 50. I still don't think your rankings work anyway, too many variables.

I dont think we'd get 6 and 25 outright but I'd be willing to bet that the end result will be a lot closer to 6 and 25 then SPS being worth anything close to a first round pick. I would frankly be stunned if WC give up even pick 36 for him, regardless of how harsh Carlton thinks he's be treated by Teague

I was being deliberately hyperbolic, Cerra isn't netting 6 + 25 outright and SPS is not netting a first rounder was the point. We have a very similar opinion on Cerra's worth if it's a Carlton-Freo deal. I reckon it will end up being 36 for Samo, depends if we have any interest in Brander.

So if Saad as traded for Pick 8 last year. Tell me what a 21 year old in Cerra is worth then…

If you want to use the Saad example, why would Carlton pay almost exactly the same price for Cerra as Fremantle got for Lachie Neale?

Works both ways. Every trade and player is different.

Jaeger O'Meara did not play for all of the 2015 and 2016 seasons and was the same age as Cerra when traded.

What it cost the Hawks:
2016 picks 23, 36, 48, 66 and 70
2017 pick 7

Please explain how Cerra is worth less than O'Meara given his durability and the trajectory of his career to date?

I was of course 100% not serious (well 99%....) have no clue whether the post straight above me was or wasn’t but sounds more far fetched !!

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Back