Traded Adam Cerra traded to Carlton for pick #6 and F3

If he leaves (as widely reported), what will Freo get in return?

• Two good 1st round picks

• Top 10 pick and change

• A 1st & a 2nd

• Later 1st rounder

• Two 2nd rounders

• Early 2nd rounder

• Other 2nd round pick

• Less than a 2nd rounder

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Agreed!! The trade I would like is 8,25 and SPS or Dow for Cerra and a third. Really don't know if Dow is on the market or if he is better than SPS. Both have been very average and I fear another acres.
I would be agreeable to the SPS version of that trade. I think Dow is currently worth more to us than he would be in a trade, especially given he just started to show some signs of looking more comfortable at the level.

Both players are victims of terrible player development down at Princes Park which means both have * all trade value realistically. So I think that version you’ve posted with SPS is pretty close

I see this coming out in one of three scenarios.

6 plus 2022 first with a 2022 second coming back.

6 plus 2nd, plus 2022 second with a 2022 third coming back

6 plus 2nd plus next years third.

Cerra is a really good player and team want players like him. Easily worth two firsts.
You forgot to ask Santa for a new bike as well.

There seems to be extreme nuffies from each side of the coin here

Freo fans want 2 firsts

Blues want pick 6 only

It probably meets in the middle with something like
A first and a second
or
2 firsts for Cez and a 2nd

I'd bank something similar to 1 of those 2 will pull through at the end, just wish we weren't waiting 6 *ing weeks

There seems to be extreme nuffies from each side of the coin here

Freo fans want 2 firsts

Blues want pick 6 only

It probably meets in the middle with something like
A first and a second
or
2 firsts for Cez and a 2nd

I'd bank something similar to 1 of those 2 will pull through at the end, just wish we weren't waiting 6 f*n weeks

I almost feel sorry for the mods.

Almost.

If i had a neck i would stick it out and say it will be Cerra for 6 and a future 2nd.
Carlton will want to stay in this draft if they can esp after handing over so much draft capital recently.

Just after the 2017 draft I heard that we chose Andy Brayshaw at 2 because otherwise North Melbourne would have taken him at 4 but internally we ranked Cerra above Brayshaw. Logically it makes no difference whether Cerra was 5 or 2 four years ago when he was 17. But in our human reality it certainly does. Hell, I still rank SPS highly due to all the bigfooty salivating us Freo supporters had over him.

On a different note, a lot has been said about whether Cerrra likes Ross. I haven't noticed any talk from the other side ie how much Ross likes Cerra. Ross has certainly had his favourites over the years. And where does Brad Lloyd's opinion fit into all of this? He was our list manager back in 2017 and if you believe the first paragraph he rated Cerra at 2. He is currently head of football at Carlton. Those Boys seem like they are getting the gang back together.

For all the kerfuffle I would be happy with the pick 6(8) and a early/mid second rounder. Either that or a straight swap for SPS. He's a freakin bull rider from the kimberley with the cleanest disposal!

Just after the 2017 draft I heard that we chose Andy Brayshaw at 2 because otherwise North Melbourne would have taken him at 4 but internally we ranked Cerra above Brayshaw. Logically it makes no difference whether Cerra was 5 or 2 four years ago when he was 17. But in our human reality it certainly does. Hell, I still rank SPS highly due to all the bigfooty salivating us Freo supporters had over him.

On a different note, a lot has been said about whether Cerrra likes Ross. I haven't noticed any talk from the other side ie how much Ross likes Cerra. Ross has certainly had his favourites over the years. And where does Brad Lloyd's opinion fit into all of this? He was our list manager back in 2017 and if you believe the first paragraph he rated Cerra at 2. He is currently head of football at Carlton. Those Boys seem like they are getting the gang back together.

For all the kerfuffle I would be happy with the pick 6(8) and a early/mid second rounder. Either that or a straight swap for SPS. He's a freakin bull rider from the kimberley with the cleanest disposal!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The only good thing if SPS does go to Fremantle is the borderline fact any Carlton player that gets traded typically becomes better elsewhere.
edit: not noting they have similar value at all.

The only good thing if SPS does go to Fremantle is the borderline fact any Carlton player that gets traded typically becomes better elsewhere.
edit: not noting they have similar value at all.

I see Carlton fans have looked through the Blake Acres thread to find out how to convince Freo fan's that their spud is not a spud at all.

I see Carlton fans have looked through the Blake Acres thread to find out how to convince Freo fan's that their spud is not a spud at all.

Want a serious response or a meme response?
He'd be a wonderful set of steak knives. I've got no doubt we give up a first.

Tony is a diehard Freo supporter, just doesn’t quite have a grasp on player trade value
That he is, I just saw the straight swap for SPS and assumed it was Carlton fan because i thought it was impossible that a freo fan would say that

Want a serious response or a meme response?
He'd be a wonderful set of steak knives. I've got no doubt we give up a first.

I have no doubt that if SPS gets to Fremantle he will spend 3 years on the list and be delisted.

Fremantle Football Club have a poor history with brining in under performing players. They don't tend to improve. SPS would be a list clogger for a side in our current position. Probably why Carlton is so keen to move on from him.

I know Cerra was a high pick but he is a good/average midfielder and certainly not a star. He will improve as he builds muscle but he is not super quick or tough. I am not sure he has the scope to become a truly elite player.

I doubt we would be all that keen given our midfield depth, the picks Freo want and how much salary he is asking.

Back