Traded Adam Cerra traded to Carlton for pick #6 and F3

If he leaves (as widely reported), what will Freo get in return?

• Two good 1st round picks

• Top 10 pick and change

• A 1st & a 2nd

• Later 1st rounder

• Two 2nd rounders

• Early 2nd rounder

• Other 2nd round pick

• Less than a 2nd rounder

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlton did very very well. Freo developed the player, he isn’t the bust risk a draft pick (especially one blues are making) usually is.

worst case scenario Cerra is a solid first 22 midfielder who improves that midfield

best case he becomes elite.

It’s not great for freo, but it’s not horrible either.

they now have a great draft hand 6,8,19,22 isn’t it? In a draft stocked with Wa talent in that range
Spot on, the problem Freo had was a homesick player and now the resolution is having the best opportunity to secure draft high calibre players from their own backyard. Carlton have done very well in this trade but securing pick 19 from Gold Coast has meant that Freo have one of (if not) the strongest hands to attack this draft.

3-0 against the Dockers in 2021.

Maybe Adam can be the man to kick the last minute winner against Freo in 2022, as is standard. Wouldn’t that be wonderful.
I think the GSC trade softened the blow for us and we wanted to move on. Not an outrageous result one way or the other by any means.

You do know you accepted pick 52 for a 23yo former No.6 pick?

Have a Bex and a lie down!

Who is the third rounder attached to?

Seems a pretty reasonable deal.

Cerra is projecting well to make this look lie a bargain for Carlton - but that's the risk of assuming young talent goes on with it.

Is this the "big trade" of 2021? Can't think of any other big movements at the moment.

Approx $625k/ 4 years according to Sam Edmund.
Good for us on that coin for a player of his ability. Also an easy amount to front or backload to cater for the salary cap.

Next contract will be substantially bigger you would think.
I can't wait for 2 year's time, while Cerra's been playing well on moderate coin, for this to be reported as $6.25m per year.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I think we have paid too much, but happy to have another ready made genuine midfielder to help out Walsh and Cripps.

What a sh*t deal for Fremantle.
It really isn't, I know you wanted a Kings Ransom but he went for about the same other players with a similar standing in the game top 10 pick + 2nd/3rd.

Ive told you this he isn't Wayne Gretzky.

Maybe we were giving it up at one stage.

Perhaps that all changed when Freo moved their second round on to gain a stronger hand with drafts picks.

These things can be fluid in nature.
If they could get it out of us they wouldn't suddenly say nah we reemed gc so you guys keep that

Hardly a big achievment that.

Question is, when does the salary cap fold on Carlton here? Something gotta give

We offloaded Murphy, Betts, Casboult and SPS this year and McGovern and Martins deals were heavily frontloaded.

Other than Weitering, Cripps (who took a pay cut), Walsh, McKay, Curnow and Williams we're probably not paying others too much. Saad is on around 650k and Hewett 450 odd.

I highly doubt we're bursting at the seams salary cap wise.

Good ending for both clubs and Adam

Adam gets to go home

Freo has a strong draft hand, hopefully they pick some local talent

Damn Carlton just said fu** the lube and went in raw on us, we got bent over here. Carlton paid unders for Cerra
Rubbish! - points equivalent of P4 -5.
We were never getting better than that given he was uncontracted.
Fans from both sides were equally deluding themselves.
It's fair given the circumstances.

Back