Traded Adam Cerra traded to Carlton for pick #6 and F3

If he leaves (as widely reported), what will Freo get in return?

• Two good 1st round picks

• Top 10 pick and change

• A 1st & a 2nd

• Later 1st rounder

• Two 2nd rounders

• Early 2nd rounder

• Other 2nd round pick

• Less than a 2nd rounder

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Do you think I'll lose sleep over pick 50?
Why would it matter? I thought you didn't want him? This is what you wrote:

"lol, Cerra won't get you more then pick 18 next year and a fringe type from Melbourne. I don't even want him at Carlton, we need speed and size through the middle and he possesses neither."

Why would it matter? I thought you didn't want him? This is what you wrote:

"lol, Cerra won't get you more then pick 18 next year and a fringe type from Melbourne. I don't even want him at Carlton, we need speed and size through the middle and he possesses neither."
I didn't care either way, still don't.

All I cared about was not trading 6 + 25 which we did thankfully.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Live action shots of the Fremantle trade team after the Cerra trade went through.

View attachment 1255066

I get that you're probably a troll, but there were several realistic posters on both sides saying that the deal would end up being something like this.

Just because some Freo posters thought it would be 6 + 25 + other swaps didn't make it any more likely than Carlton posters thinking it would be for 6 alone.

Fremantle got the best deal they could for an uncontracted player who was committed to leaving and Carlton paid a decent price for him. It's likely Carlton end up being the winners, but that isn't a huge shock for a player of known, AFL quality who most clubs would want to have on their list.

I hope Fremantle can find someone good at the draft and when we come to deal with each other again, a similar result can be reached no matter which direction the player is going.

I get that you're probably a troll, but there were several realistic posters on both sides saying that the deal would end up being something like this.

Just because some Freo posters thought it would be 6 + 25 + other swaps didn't make it any more likely than Carlton posters thinking it would be for 6 alone.

Fremantle got the best deal they could for an uncontracted player who was committed to leaving and Carlton paid a decent price for him. It's likely Carlton end up being the winners, but that isn't a huge shock for a player of known, AFL quality who most clubs would want to have on their list.

I hope Fremantle can find someone good at the draft and when we come to deal with each other again, a similar result can be reached no matter which direction the player is going.
Agreed. 6 and 25 was the preferred by us but as long as 6 was involved I don't think you can say Freo were bent over.

Took a long time to get to, is unders for Cameron, and came after threats from Geelong about the PSD. And much sooking. I wouldn't call them ''great'' to deal with, but ''OK in the end''. Dawson might yet reach that category for Sydney if the final trade is OK to Swans fans!
Lets not forget he was a RFA and the swifty GWS pulled we're they actually weren't willing to offer Cameron the contract you ended up matching, you only matched for our draft hand and had no interest in actually signing Cameron for the dollars at steak otherwise you would have offered him this contract before he requested the trade.

Agreed. 6 and 25 was the preferred by us but as long as 6 was involved I don't think you can say Freo were bent over.

Yeah preferred of course, but I was saying all along 6 + 25 was really unrealistic. I offered to take any amount of money that is wouldn't happen, no takers...

Lets not forget he was a RFA and the swifty GWS pulled we're they actually weren't willing to offer Cameron the contract you ended up matching, you only matched for our draft hand and had no interest in actually signing Cameron for the dollars at steak otherwise you would have offered him this contract before he requested the trade.
No, that's a stupid - and incorrect - analysis of the situation.

Back