Traded Adam Cerra traded to Carlton for pick #6 and F3

If he leaves (as widely reported), what will Freo get in return?

• Two good 1st round picks

• Top 10 pick and change

• A 1st & a 2nd

• Later 1st rounder

• Two 2nd rounders

• Early 2nd rounder

• Other 2nd round pick

• Less than a 2nd rounder

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

If Cerra nominated Richmond I’m sure the clubs would get it done.
whether that’s 1st round picks or picks & players who knows, but I’m sure they’d get it done.
Yep. Richmond will give Freo a decent return for Cerra if he nominates us. We aren’t particularly hard to work with. We have two first rounders and two second rounders in this years draft and I’d expect a combo of these picks to be involved.

In saying that, I don’t expect Freo to have a stance similar to their position on Weller.

Yep. Richmond will give Freo a decent return for Cerra if he nominates us. We aren’t particularly hard to work with. We have two first rounders and two second rounders in this years draft and I’d expect a combo of these picks to be involved.

In saying that, I don’t expect Freo to have a stance similar to their position on Weller.

Weller was very different. Suns had a lot of players leaving, already had draft picks coming in, but needed players. Weller nominated them & they had to get it done.

Ended up a win win IMO. He’s played some good footy there, and will end up a 250 or so gamer for them

Weller was very different. Suns had a lot of players leaving, already had draft picks coming in, but needed players. Weller nominated them & they had to get it done.

Ended up a win win IMO. He’s played some good footy there, and will end up a 250 or so gamer for them
Yep.
My point was that Freo will ask for a fair but not ridiculous amount, and Richmond will be fair in trade (and have the collateral). It will get done and both sides will be happy IMO.

Two first round picks is what's closer to his value.

For example Treloar went to Collingwood for Pick 7 and the future first.

Cerra last year was third in our best and fairest behind Luke Ryan (who won an All-Australian) and Nat Fyfe. I think it should be fair to say he'd be worth a fair bit at the trade table.

Depends on how good the first is. A contracted Neale got traded for pick 6, 19 and ~55 with pick 30 coming back.

In hind site perhaps.
At the time Freo supporters thought Brisbane were getting a steal, turned out to be right. Neale is an example of the sort of player that doesn't get enough media time for people to be told how good he is until there is an event like his moving in a big trade, then the same performance is world beating. He lead Freo's midfield when Fyfe was out for nearly a year and set the record for most disposals without even a AA jacket.

Cerra is the exact sort of player every club wants, his ball use is so elite it makes everyone else look worse. He is a year behind Brayshaw in development after coming to the club with a surgeon's recommendation to not do any running.

I think he will be the best player on Freo's list in two years time if he is still with us then.

So a pick 5 with 4 years under his belt, has lived up to and is now starting to exceed expectation (disposal is now elite level) is somehow not worth more than he started off as?
22 years old and ready to slot right in to Richmond's starting 18...If you were talking disposal Cerra is the silk you want

(Log in to remove this ad.)

So a pick 5 with 4 years under his belt, has lived up to and is now starting to exceed expectation (disposal is now elite level) is somehow not worth more than he started off as?
22 years old and ready to slot right in to Richmond's starting 18...If you were talking disposal Cerra is the silk you want
Unfortunately for freo that's not how it works. The 4 years of development angle counts for little.

If he's from interstate, uncontracted and names a club you'll be lucky to get the same value as pick 5.

At the time Freo supporters thought Brisbane were getting a steal, turned out to be right. Neale is an example of the sort of player that doesn't get enough media time for people to be told how good he is until there is an event like his moving in a big trade, then the same performance is world beating. He lead Freo's midfield when Fyfe was out for nearly a year and set the record for most disposals without even a AA jacket.

Cerra is the exact sort of player every club wants, his ball use is so elite it makes everyone else look worse. He is a year behind Brayshaw in development after coming to the club with a surgeon's recommendation to not do any running.

I think he will be the best player on Freo's list in two years time if he is still with us then.
100% right with Neale

I think it was his second last season at Freo where he was robbed of AA (2016 maybe?)

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

EFA

Regards to bolten....
:drunk:

Bolton is far better than Cerra for starters but yes if he left I'd expect we'd get an early first for him or the equivalent (two mid- late firsts, a first and a second, a first and a player etc etc).

Dont think I've read a single tiger talk about 5 years if development put into bolton affecting his worth. That's because he's already a legit star, not a potential one like cerra.

:drunk:

Bolton is far better than Cerra for starters but yes if he left I'd expect we'd get an early first for him or the equivalent (two mid- late firsts, a first and a second, a first and a player etc etc).

Dont think I've read a single tiger talk about 5 years if development put into bolton affecting his worth. That's because he's already a legit star, not a potential one like cerra.
How would Bolton go in an average side? Asking for a friend

Tom Browne is reporting that Richmond are interested. If I'm Fremantle I don't want him going to there, so just tell Richmond that unless Bolton is involved then you can fu** off. Hopefully they'd give up pursuit then and there.

You're currently looking at what, pick 8?

Cerra+8 for Bolton....you'd probably need to sweeten that deal a bit (assuming Bolton genuinely wanted to go and requested the trade).

Back