Traded Adam Cerra traded to Carlton for pick #6 and F3

If he leaves (as widely reported), what will Freo get in return?

• Two good 1st round picks

• Top 10 pick and change

• A 1st & a 2nd

• Later 1st rounder

• Two 2nd rounders

• Early 2nd rounder

• Other 2nd round pick

• Less than a 2nd rounder

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

If Richmond offer their 2 first rounders and fee give a 2nd rounder back think it’s about right

I hope he stays tho

Players rarely don't get where they nominate when out of contract though. There is always a deal done.

It's probably unlikely he nominates us anyway. We'll see.
I would say that if Cerra does leave then you guys would be the best club to deal with. We would want your 2 firsts and then we would likely chase Vanrooyen and Williams in the draft. 2 keyforwards from WA. I also reckon we would chase Jordan Clark.

Saints traded pick 6 and a 4th rounder for 12 and 18 just 2 years ago so yes I think it'd be a possibility depending on circumstances.
Pick 3 is worth significantly more than pick 6. 11 and 16 is worth 5-6. Would need to add a very nice sweetener to get pick 3.

I would say that if Cerra does leave then you guys would be the best club to deal with. We would want your 2 firsts and then we would likely chase Vanrooyen and Williams in the draft. 2 keyforwards from WA. I also reckon we would chase Jordan Clark.

Do you think you trade players in with picks rather than use them.

I think this might be the last year for a while that Victoria can use their army of metropolitan high school girlfriends to draw home Victorian lads so they can continue their career as office desk decoration designers and miniature dog nail painting consultants - all those companies are going broke this year in Melbourne.

They'll have to stick with being the weather girl at Nine or Seven on a Sunday night for 2 minutes of work reading on $150,000 a year as long as their partner keeps playing with Collingwood or Essendon.
Not sure what newspapers you are reading but for the most part businesses in Victoria are fine especially big businesses and manufacturing

Small to medium retail and hospitality are the only industries that have taken a hit and the number of businesses that have gone to the point of closing for good is relatively small

Not sure what newspapers you are reading but for the most part businesses in Victoria are fine especially big businesses and manufacturing

Small to medium retail and hospitality are the only industries that have taken a hit and the number of businesses that have gone to the point of closing for good is relatively small

The point I was making is that the girlfriends of metro Vic AFL players aren't in big business and manufacturing.

Glad I got the chance to explain that to you, unless you think office desk arrangement coordinators are big business positions.

I'm saying that the lure of the Metro Girlfriend career in Melbourne while actually being a socialite is evaporating.

Yeah I think tigers have shown they're one of the easiest clubs to deal with. You better hope he doesn't nominate essendon.

Could be a 3 way with cats. Who knows. If we did give up both firsts I'd be expecting something back. Then we'd have three 2nd rounders and a future 1st to play with.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The point I was making is that the girlfriends of metro Vic AFL players aren't in big business and manufacturing.

Glad I got the chance to explain that to you, unless you think office desk arrangement coordinators are big business positions.

I'm saying that the lure of the Metro Girlfriend career in Melbourne while actually being a socialite is evaporating.
You are definitely overestimating the sway a girlfriend might have in the equation

Players want to return to home states because it’s where they grew up and have the majority of friends and family there instead of people they met in football circles
Most draftees don’t even have girlfriends and the girlfriends they have around 22 - 25 are generally ones they have met in the state they are playing footy in

If you think that a couple of lockdowns is going to affect the go home factor going forward, you are going to be in for a shock

He wants to be paid

Could be good trade bait for Fremantle to bring through some good local talent

Yeah I think tigers have shown they're one of the easiest clubs to deal with. You better hope he doesn't nominate essendon.

Could be a 3 way with cats. Who knows. If we did give up both firsts I'd be expecting something back. Then we'd have three 2nd rounders and a future 1st to play with.
Would you walk away though if it cost the 2 late firsts with nothing going back?

How many father sons in the top 20?

Collingwood and Bulldogs?

Whatever picks Richmond have, they are likely to balloon a couple of spots.

I doubt Richmond finish 8th. Likely to finish top 4 IMO. Geelong will be right up there too…

Picks 16 and 18 is garbage for someone like Cerra.

if given the option of throwing away this years first, and next years first,OR keeping Cerra. I’d keep Cerra. Assuming we have two picks around the 10 mark. Right now keeping a 21year old Cerra is far more valuable to Freo then a couple of picks around 10. And definitely more valuable that some late teen picks.

How many father sons in the top 20?

Collingwood and Bulldogs?

Whatever picks Richmond have, they are likely to balloon a couple of spots.

I doubt Richmond finish 8th. Likely to finish top 4 IMO. Geelong will be right up there too…

Picks 16 and 18 is garbage for someone like Cerra.

if given the option of throwing away this years first, and next years first,OR keeping Cerra. I’d keep Cerra. Assuming we have two picks around the 10 mark. Right now keeping a 21year old Cerra is far more valuable to Freo then a couple of picks around 10. And definitely more valuable that some late teen picks.

There is no way we finish top 4, we will fill 7/8 this season at best IMO.

Would you walk away though if it cost the 2 late firsts with nothing going back?
No idea. Depends how keen they are to get him in I guess. If we've been into him for 2 years like we were when we targeted Lynch then I'd say they'll do what it takes. If it's just lukewarm interest they may look elsewhere. Billings for similar coin and no picks maybe.

Contract value offered by the current club and contract value being offered by new club are more important than where the player was drafted.

Hence Lachie Weller moving for pick #2 onto Ablett's cash, Neale going for an early first and later first for Beams cash, Brad Hill moving for nearly a million a year for a first, second, player
Weller is irrelevant. His price was inflated due to the circumstances.

Back