Traded Adam Cerra traded to Carlton for pick #6 and F3

If he leaves (as widely reported), what will Freo get in return?

• Two good 1st round picks

• Top 10 pick and change

• A 1st & a 2nd

• Later 1st rounder

• Two 2nd rounders

• Early 2nd rounder

• Other 2nd round pick

• Less than a 2nd rounder

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

If Cerra was to be traded Bolton is not the player type I think we should be looking at. He is a terrific player, and trade value wise I see them as similar, but smaller forwards is an area of depth for us. Luke Jackson perhaps much better list need fit for us.
You’d have to be prepared to stump up a bit more than Cerra for Jackson

Why do most Freo supporters seem happy to trade Cerra back to Victoria as long as it is a top 5 pick.

If he is that good I would want him to stay.

The Cerra - Bolton trade aint going to happen, Boltons x factor is in the top echelon of AFL players Cerra is a good solid midfielder.

I want Bolton to stay at Richmond for his whole career.
Its more about fear of losing Cerra if anything. Brad Hill and Lachie Neale and Ed Langdon have been traded out in recent years

You’d have to be prepared to stump up a bit more than Cerra for Jackson
At this stage I wouldn’t. Fremantle aren’t really in the market for speculative talls. But if a club comes knocking for Cerra I hope we use it to address our deficiencies rather than a player like Bolton. He would clearly be best 22 and definitely make a positive impact. The value for us is in developing the players already on our list like Western, Henry, Frederick and Sturt, all with small/medium forward ability and the ability to play wing in the future.

I guess this is one way to show you've never seen him play.

Fox has some replays if you want - or just google it mate - not that hard.
Cerra is a star, but he’s not Jackson. Thanks for the patronising response though, really makes you seem tough and cool.

Cerra is a star, but he’s not Jackson. Thanks for the patronising response though, really makes you seem tough and cool.
Mate, there's no need for that. Just stick to the topic and not play the man. (read the rules).

You haven't seen Adam Cerra play yet, which is fine, we don't get a lot of prime time at Freo. I just think if you watch him you may change your opinion about him. I see him and see a young Scott Pendlebury. Seriously good kick, never panics, picks great options under pressure, runs both ways and is terrific on both sides by foot and hands. He's a modern-day mid, which every club wants 3 of.

I think you'll be surprised how good he is this year.

Mate, there's no need for that. Just stick to the topic and not play the man. (read the rules).

You haven't seen Adam Cerra play yet, which is fine, we don't get a lot of prime time at Freo. I just think if you watch him you may change your opinion about him. I see him and see a young Scott Pendlebury. Seriously good kick, never panics, picks great options under pressure, runs both ways and is terrific on both sides by foot and hands. He's a modern-day mid, which every club wants 3 of.

I think you'll be surprised how good he is this year.
😂😂😂

I’ve been watching Cerra play since he was a junior and before he was recruited to your club making you so insecure that you would need to try and belittle someone else for suggesting that another player might be more valuable than him in a trade and then accuse them of ‘playing the man’. I appreciate the advice though.

😂😂😂

I’ve been watching Cerra play since he was a junior and before he was recruited to your club making you so insecure that you would need to try and belittle someone else for suggesting that another player might be better than him and then accuse them of ‘playing the man’. I appreciate the advice though.
I guess if you've been watching him since a junior, then you've seen his work.

We can both see that your initial comment that Freo should "stump up a bit more" for Jackson is fanciful.

Unless you've seen something in Jackson's 6 games that I haven't we're pretty much done here.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jackson looks like he is going to be a good player........i personally would take Cerra well ahead of Jackson.
Having said that, i doubt very much either club would let either of those players go and definitely without a big asking price. both should be good players for years to come at their respective clubs. But Freo may have more to fight for with the interest in Cerra from some melbourne clubs.

Adam Cerra
58 games
3rd in BnF
22under22 (2020)
AFL Rising Star Nom (2018)

Luke Jackson
6 games

I like Luke Jackson, but Cerra every day of the week and twice on Sundays.

Bryce Gibbs mk 2 , get him in the right midfield mix and he could be good no doubt

Don’t rate his contested game much

Wouldn’t shed a tear personally but I’m definitely in the minority on that as far as Freo fans go

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

I guess if you've been watching him since a junior, then you've seen his work.

We can both see that your initial comment that Freo should "stump up a bit more" for Jackson is fanciful.

Unless you've seen something in Jackson's 6 games that I haven't we're pretty much done here.
Sounds like you haven’t seen Jackson play tbh.

I'm a big fan of Jackson, I think he could grow into a very unique proposition. I was surprised that he was signed for just the one extra season though. That seemed quite bizarre to me when a big guy would take more time.
I highly doubt that was the club’s decision, we would be trying to sign him to the longest possible contract. Will be one of the most unique players in the comp in a season or two.

Which part of his 6 games puts him so far ahead of Cerra's 58 tells you Freo would have to "stump up a bit more" in a highly unlikely trade scenario.

You still haven't offered any reasoning to support that. I've given you reason why it's ridiculous.
I just don’t think you’d understand.

By the end of this season, which is when any potential trade will happen, Jackson will have shown everyone else in the comp what we already know - that he can play multiple positions on the field including ruck, key forward, half forward and wing. The main reason he didn’t play more than six games last year is because he injured his hamstring, but he’ll play 22 games this year and show his capability and there is no way that after that we would accept Cerra in a straight swap for him knowing what his potential is as a key position player with freak athleticism, as good as Cerra is, because it’s a lot harder to find another Luke Jackson than it is another Adam Cerra.

I’m not sure what exactly upset you so much about my implication that the Dees would want more than Cerra for Jackson but facts are that athletic and tall key position players are generally considered to be more valuable than midfielders, and the market naturally values potential over a small amount of exposed form when it comes to second to fourth year players unless they’re already elite, which neither Jackson nor Cerra would qualify as yet. Whether that’s right or wrong is another thing, but I can guarantee that Cerra would not satisfy a trade for Jackson if the Dockers were trying to get him, which was the context for my original post. We took a huge risk selecting Jackson and the recruiters copped a lot of s**t for it from fans and 12 months later Dees fans have unanimously changed their minds on Jackson based on how unique he’s shown himself to be. Wouldn’t make sense to give him up for Cerra now, esp considering our glut of midfielders. As skilled as Cerra is he’d be forced into a role at the Dees which is less valuable than what Jackson will provide as one of our few tall prospects . Not a slight against him, there just aren’t many midfielders we’d accept as a straight swap for Jackson.

Of course if Jackson goes off the rails like Hogan and we’re looking to force him out and rip Freo off before they notice something is wrong, we’d jump at it.

😂😂😂

I’ve been watching Cerra play since he was a junior and before he was recruited to your club making you so insecure that you would need to try and belittle someone else for suggesting that another player might be more valuable than him in a trade and then accuse them of ‘playing the man’. I appreciate the advice though.
So you actually Say Cerra play as a 16-17 year old. with the talent he showed in his junior days, Did you see him taken in the top 10?

Sounds like you haven’t seen Jackson play tbh.
To be honest, I havent seen much of him.

Still I will await to see him in round 1 as your mob faces my mob at the MCG.

Lol. You probably have never even seen him play! But of course you know best exactly what he’s worth. He’d be top 2 or 3 from that draft if a redraft was held tomorrow of the 2017 draft crop.

In reality, it is usually supporters of the club who over-rate what their players are worth.

I rate him, but it's highly debatable Cerra would be a top 3 selections if the draft was held again, I'd say unlikely.

Naughton and Kelly 100% go ahead of him. Brayshaw and Balta more than likely do as well. He's more realistically in the next pack with Rayner, Davies-Uniacke, Worpel (more runs on the board, less potential than Cerra) and maybe a couple of others depending on who you speak with. There are also some talls from that draft who look promising that I think clubs would consider too, but he's probably at the back end of the top 10 now.

Back