Traded Adam Cerra traded to Carlton for pick #6 and F3

If he leaves (as widely reported), what will Freo get in return?

• Two good 1st round picks

• Top 10 pick and change

• A 1st & a 2nd

• Later 1st rounder

• Two 2nd rounders

• Early 2nd rounder

• Other 2nd round pick

• Less than a 2nd rounder

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

As much as it hurts to say, i do kind of agree.

He is a very well rounded player, does everything very well but he doesn't have that one thing that absolutely distinguishes him as a star.

Similar to Cotchin and Boak - it's not a bad thing.

AFL IQ is still the biggest predictor of success, and Cerra has it in spades.

I wouldnt think we have the pick / s required to do the deal if he was to request Richmond with our priorities in this years draft most likely KPP
Im hoping he stays and signs a 3 year deal to get him to free agency by which time we will be looking to replace Cotchin/Prestia/Edwards

It’s not a credible source.

Will Cerra go to the Tigers?

I guess yes.

I’m not a credible source.
Ok.
I wouldnt think we have the pick / s required to do the deal if he was to request Richmond with our priorities in this years draft most likely KPP
Im hoping he stays and signs a 3 year deal to get him to free agency by which time we will be looking to replace Cotchin/Prestia/Edwards
Course we would. Two firsts, two seconds, two thirds, plus future picks and players to trade. Salary cap would be a bigger problem.

Would love to see edwards finish up as a small forward. He'd star there.

Sumich reckons he wants to come home.
Yes I saw that. Sumich was very clear that Cerra, Darcy and Tucker are all leaving at the end of the season.

Pretty big call. Reputation killer though if it doesn't pan out that way.

He'd also be the laughing stock if all 3 stay. Who would ever take him seriously again?

Yes I saw that. Sumich was very clear that Cerra, Darcy and Tucker are all leaving at the end of the season.

He'd also be the laughing stock if all 3 stay. Who would ever take him seriously again?
Happens all the time. People quickly forget. I remember Robbo saying take it to the bank that Beams was staying @ the pies. Just run with the Barret 'my information was correct at the time'...

Who takes him seriously now ?

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com

Future gun.
North and Carlton would have killed for that sort of quality in their midfield.

Instead they went Dow and LDU.
Freo need to do everything they can to sign this guy long term.

Future gun.

Current gun really. IMO been in the the top 20 mids this year and was BOG today.

Going to be plenty of clubs throwing big contracts at him, including Carlton and North.

Current gun really. IMO been in the the top 20 mids this year and was BOG today.

Going to be plenty of clubs throwing big contracts at him, including Carlton and North.
Agree. He’s a guy you give good draft picks away knowing he’s going to lead your midfield for the next ten years.

Very good today, but saying BOG is guilding the lily.

I understand Freo have a contract in front of him, money doesn’t sound like a problem. The contract length is the discussion point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Very good today, but saying BOG is guilding the lily.

I understand Freo have a contract in front of him, money doesn’t sound like a problem. The contract length is the discussion point.

Was Freo’s best today, and set up the win with his use at the stoppages in the first half.

Fyfe was obviously very good too, but IMO Cerra was the major reason for the W.

Future gun.

Hindsight is 20/20. You guys could have had Cripps but took Ben Lennon.

Every club has their fair share of regrets.

Yep.

Lennon didn’t pan out the way we wanted. Lambert ended up being the half forward we wanted Lennon to be and he was picked up in the rookie draft a couple of years later.

Hopefully you guys find your Cerra as well, as I’m not sure Dow is going to fill that role.

But I wouldn’t be surprised if the Blues weren’t chasing him hard.

With credit to Carlton for selecting Cripps at pick #13 he was not expected to be taken that highly
Carlton reached for Cripps and deserve the credit but Lennon was expected top 10-15 but was too much of a self entitled tool with no speed to make it at AFL level.

Surely carltons salary cap must be getting near the brim? Williams, Saad, weitering, Sam Walsh all need to be paid top $$ for the next 3-4 years. Will cost at least $1m to keep Cripps, probably more, $1.2 even.
Cerra will be a $700k player next year at freo if he stays so will Carlton have that kind of cap space?

Surely carltons salary cap must be getting near the brim? Williams, Saad, weitering, Sam Walsh all need to be paid top $$ for the next 3-4 years. Will cost at least $1m to keep Cripps, probably more, $1.2 even.
Cerra will be a $700k player next year at freo if he stays so will Carlton have that kind of cap space?

Well Weitering and Walsh have already signed. Younger players don’t cost a mint to re-sign. Saad is only on 600k pa, Williams’ contract is heavily front ended and Cripps won’t get over 1 mil.

If Cerra wants to come we would figure out a way, but our lack of quality senior players means we’d have plenty of room to accommodate a long term deal.

Well Weitering and Walsh have already signed. Younger players don’t cost a mint to re-sign. Saad is only on 600k pa, Williams’ contract is heavily front ended and Cripps won’t get over 1 mil.

If Cerra wants to come we would figure out a way, but our lack of quality senior players means we’d have plenty of room to accommodate a long term deal.
Maybe so, but would you be willing to pay Cerra $700k as i would imagine that is what’s on the table at freo, or close to it?
Sam Walsh agent would (rightly) then demand $800 + from 2023 onwards and suddenly a lot of mid tier younger players would be wondering “why aren’t I paid more?”
I think he will sign a 2 year extension at freo later this year anyway. Could be gettable in 2024 though

Back