Traded Adam Cerra traded to Carlton for pick #6 and F3

If he leaves (as widely reported), what will Freo get in return?

• Two good 1st round picks

• Top 10 pick and change

• A 1st & a 2nd

• Later 1st rounder

• Two 2nd rounders

• Early 2nd rounder

• Other 2nd round pick

• Less than a 2nd rounder

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

What about Cerra and Alex Pierce for Grainger - Barrass and someone like Tom Mitchell as a bit of a win / win outcome trade for both Hawks and Freo

Sent from my iPad using BigFooty.com
Titch is too old for us and they won't give us anybody young they need them more than us. Would take Wingard though.

Titch is too old for us and they won't give us anybody young they need them more than us. Would take Wingard though.

Yes it’s not perfect for us which probably means it’s reasonably fair Wingers would tip it our way too far IMO

As a fremantle fan I dont want Cerra to leave but I also think he could us multiple draft picks which we need. I’am low key hoping that we can use the Cerra pick/picks to pick up Jacob Vanrooyen and Jack Williams in the draft. 2x Key Position Forwards who the team can start to build around.

From memory isn’t Dodoro mainly a stickler when it comes to trading out players? Trading in players I think he ends up paying a fair price, even if he drags his heels for a week or so to get some theatre into it
He can drag it out, and there’s been a couple of high profile ones that have been dragged out (whether coming or going, or trying to go and not going) but there’s a lot more that gets done quickly and effectively without the drama too. He likes to troll the media a bit I think.

Honestly not sure why Cerra is linked to us though. Did an article get published in the West Australian about it or something? Don’t think anyone on this side of the country has made the connection. Nor does it seem particularly logical to me.

Despite giving my fellow Freo fans a heart attack I kinda hope we get PSD’d on Cerra in a short term pain long term gain scenario

We should draft WA players for the most part particularly with the higher picks and if it takes losing a Cerra for nothing to wake Freo up to this then I’m happy to cop it

It’s all well and good to say blah blah National comp and all but there is really nothing about being an AFL player in Perth that is better than being an AFL player elsewhere particularly Melbourne and with getting on a plane for a cross country flight every second week on top of the heavy scrutiny of being the unsuccessful team in a 2 team town a fair bit worse

WC with their money , privileges and success can deal with it better than Freo but you have to be realistic and Freo with heaps of talented Melbourne lads on the list isn’t much different to GWS and GC in having to overpay younger players to keep them and fight off 10 clubs pulling their players away every year

I’m more of a Brayshaw guy but I have to admit Cerra is a better / stronger player than I thought he was going to be earlier on

Sounds like West Coast have a strong culture that can keep Victorians and other guys from interstate.

Freo have battled with this, similar to Brisbane, GWS and Adelaide.

Improve the club culture and back yourself in to draft the best available player regardless of where they're from. If you have pick 3 you take the 3rd best player, not the best player from WA (because he may not even be a top 20 prospect)

Yeah it sucks but at the Dogs we have a heap of blokes from interstate (JJ, Naughton and English all from Perth) and none of them have requested a trade to homesickness (... yet)

From memory isn’t Dodoro mainly a stickler when it comes to trading out players? Trading in players I think he ends up paying a fair price, even if he drags his heels for a week or so to get some theatre into it
Generally, yeah. He made a s**t offer for Dunkley, but I'd say that's largely because it was made clear that the Dogs were taking the piss and never would've accepted anything other than a laughably obscene amount. Otherwise, I get the impression he doesn't rate draft picks quite as high as some other list managers do. Hence why he asks for so much for his players, but is also willing to pay so much to bring players in.

As a fremantle fan I dont want Cerra to leave but I also think he could us multiple draft picks which we need. I’am low key hoping that we can use the Cerra pick/picks to pick up Jacob Vanrooyen and Jack Williams in the draft. 2x Key Position Forwards who the team can start to build around.
Van Rooyen has glandular fever doesn't he? Probably gettable without needing a crazy early pick given his draft year is now stuffed. I do agree he'd be an ideal target for Freo though

He can drag it out, and there’s been a couple of high profile ones that have been dragged out (whether coming or going, or trying to go and not going) but there’s a lot more that gets done quickly and effectively without the drama too. He likes to troll the media a bit I think.

Honestly not sure why Cerra is linked to us though. Did an article get published in the West Australian about it or something? Don’t think anyone on this side of the country has made the connection. Nor does it seem particularly logical to me.

Essendon and Carlton are the two club's most linked/heavily chasing Cerra, according to Sam Edmund this morning..

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He didnt “march” Caldwell to the PSD last year.. he traded for him even though the bombers finished lower than GWS.

Because he knew a couple of other clubs wouldve pounced before essendon got to their 1st psd pick.
Yeah, but Dodo.
Conca was pick 6
My mistake. Perhaps Carlton should chuck in their first with McKay?
If the Fremantle recruiting staff were at Punt rd last Saturday
They might have been checking on some players who are available for mid season draft
Or they were getting souvlaki from the food van
It's the souvlaki.
Yes, on paper I think its basically pick 5, but two potential, high quality KPFs is too lavish for most Freo fans to pass. Especially WA ones.

I think all Vic Clubs that aren't North will get linked (I don't think he'll consider North or Hawks given he's already done 1 full rebuild). Some more seriously than others. To me, you and the Blues make the most sense in terms of having capital and probably salary space. Maybe you guys aren't interested though, IDK?
Sounds like West Coast have a strong culture that can keep Victorians and other guys from interstate.

Improve the club culture and back yourself in to draft the best available player regardless of where they're from. If you have pick 3 you take the 3rd best player, not the best player from WA (because he may not even be a top 20 prospect)

Yeah it sucks but at the Dogs we have a heap of blokes from interstate (JJ, Naughton and English all from Perth) and none of them have requested a trade to homesickness (... yet)
We're not too bad.

Neale hurt, but was strange because he is SA and went to QLD, so it wasn't homesickness anyway.

Langdon and Weller wasn't ideal but we got Andy out of Weller. We'd prefer to have kept Crozier, but nobody else has left.

Cerra will be the first big blow from homesickness.

B.Hill I don't count because he was from WA and we reamed the Saints on that one anyway.

I think all Vic Clubs that aren't North will get linked (I don't think he'll consider North or Hawks given he's already done 1 full rebuild). Some more seriously than others. To me, you and the Blues make the most sense in terms of having capital and probably salary space. Maybe you guys aren't interested though, IDK?
Ah okay. Well yeah we have cap space and he’s the right age but idk how much we’d like to be coughing up the draft picks being talked about atm.

I’m also not entirely sure what he’s best at, he seems to do a fair bit of wing/forward and is a decent kick? Is that it or does he have more talents?

Ah okay. Well yeah we have cap space and he’s the right age but idk how much we’d like to be coughing up the draft picks being talked about atm.

I’m also not entirely sure what he’s best at, he seems to do a fair bit of wing/forward and is a decent kick? Is that it or does he have more talents?
He's inside/outside (playing inside but played wing last year). Better inside but more than capable pretty much anywhere (we've played him forward and back in the past). Only real knock is speed (he doesn't have any).

Excellent inside 50 kick
Good general kick (fluffs the odd kick) off both feet
Good vision
Good size
Decent overhead
Starting to find plenty of ball this year which had been a knock when not inside

There's a reason we don't want him to go, despite all those juicy first round KPF prospects from WA this year.

From all reports, Cerra loves the club (Freo) but just wants to return home to Victoria.

It really sucks for Freo, but I do not believe their culture has anything to do with it.

What about Cerra and Alex Pierce for Grainger - Barrass and someone like Tom Mitchell as a bit of a win / win outcome trade for both Hawks and Freo

Hawthorn's current best player and a pick 6 key position player from last year. Seems quite off.

I'd love Cerra at Hawthorn but haven't seen anything even speculative showing he'd want to be there.

On the odd chance he did want to come, I'd hope we could trade players while keeping our first pick. Mitchell/Wingard and change to get another pick in the top 10 then move that for Cerra, for example. Can't be going sideways by giving up access to one good, young player for another imo.

If he asks to leave you want him to nominate Essendon or Carlton, you would get a top 10 selection for sure.
That's the hope.
Insightful
Dodo is my favourite entity during trade period, he cracks me up, except when we have to deal with him. Fortunately, we got Colyer over the line for a future 4th after he opened with Fyfe.

Playing in Melbourne is the best place to play AFL or even the Northern states if you like a bit of anonymity...it’s not the same

Hawthorn's current best player and a pick 6 key position player from last year. Seems quite off.

I'd love Cerra at Hawthorn but haven't seen anything even speculative showing he'd want to be there.

On the odd chance he did want to come, I'd hope we could trade players while keeping our first pick. Mitchell/Wingard and change to get another pick in the top 10 then move that for Cerra, for example. Can't be going sideways by giving up access to one good, young player for another imo.

A ‘ fit ‘ Pierce and Cerra just seemed like a better mix for what the Hawks already have than DGB and Mitchell but these kind of trades hardly ever happen anyways

Doubt Mitchell gets you a top 10 no matter what steak knives you want to throw in

Back