Traded Adam Cerra traded to Carlton for pick #6 and F3

If he leaves (as widely reported), what will Freo get in return?

• Two good 1st round picks

• Top 10 pick and change

• A 1st & a 2nd

• Later 1st rounder

• Two 2nd rounders

• Early 2nd rounder

• Other 2nd round pick

• Less than a 2nd rounder

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

Loving the Freo supporters demanding 2 x 1sts for an uncontracted Cerra with North sitting at 1 in the PSD and millions of cash to spare and in need of just such a player.

A mid 1st for him is more than enough considering the context.

If you guys are happy to let him fall to North for a big salary and no return, I applaud your resolve even if I disagree with it from a list management position.
Err... you got this backwards. North being cashed up at pick 1 PSD works tremendously in our favour if Cerra wants to go elsewhere. Receiving club has to trade because they know they can't get him in the PSD.

Would you have taken a Mid first for Cripps?

Cerra doesnt have the same runs on the board as Cripps by a long shot, and if Cripps was uncontracted we'd largely have to.

For example McKay was until recently uncontracted and the North guys were all over him on that thread, and should he have elected to nominate them (with them holding 1 in the PSD) a future 1st would have been probably the best we could have asked for, with a swap of seconds this year also likely thrown in.

When a player is uncontracted you dont hold all the cards sadly. It's just how it is.

Err... you got this backwards. North being cashed up at pick 1 PSD works tremendously in our favour if Cerra wants to go elsewhere. Receiving club has to trade because they know they can't get him in the PSD.

Yeah but that club can just place an offer and walk away. As long as he's happy to go to North as a backup (and why wouldnt he with the cash they could offer him) the ball is then in Freo's court.

If the Suns (for example) held 1 in the PSD then it would be a different story because by all accounts he wants to come to Melbourne (or at least that's one of the reasons hes thinking about leaving).

Freo got pick 2 for Weller

If Cerra bails they will get a top 10 easily for him with some steak knives

I still think they need to throw the cheque book at him for him to stay as that midfield is all young and ready to fire

Yeah but that club can just place an offer and walk away. As long as he's happy to go to North as a backup (and why wouldnt he with the cash they could offer him) the ball is then in Freo's court.

If the Suns (for example) held 1 in the PSD then it would be a different story because by all accounts he wants to come to Melbourne (or at least that's one of the reasons hes thinking about leaving).
Why would the other club think that is a good thing? That's terrible list management. We're going to low ball Freo in trade and if they call us out you're good to go to North yeah? That's just stupid.

Ross and JL have talked up Cerra's professionalism. Do you think a highly professional player deals with a Mickey Mouse club like that? This isn't a video game.

I still think they need to throw the cheque book at him for him to stay as that midfield is all young and ready to fire
The Weller example was a poor one. Suns were desperate and quite frankly mad to offer that up. It's an outlier.

For sure. If he nominated us, it would be our first which at this stage looks like its in that range.

Talk of two firsts though is a nope.
I agree on the 2 firsts, i think the steak knives would be a 2nd or even 3rd

For sure. If he nominated us, it would be our first which at this stage looks like its in that range.

Talk of two firsts though is a nope.

Given we gave up our first round pick last year, i would prefer it if we offered Freo our first round pick from next year plus our 2nd round this year for Cerra

I don't think it's healthy for any club to trade away first round picks in consecutive years tbh.

Given we gave up our first round pick last year, i would prefer it if we offered Freo our first round pick from next year plus our 2nd round this year for Cerra

I don't think it's healthy for any club to trade away first round picks in consecutive years tbh.

We used 2 the year before (Kemp and Phillip), and 2 the year before that (Walsh and Stocker) and 2 the year before that (Dow and O'Brien). We also used 1 the year before that (SPS) and a whopping 4 in 2015 (Weitering, McKay, Curnow, Cuningham).

Our current '2 firsts in 4 years at the draft' situation for trades is fine. Because we used 2 x 1sts in 2019 we can trade out this years and next years if we want to, but would then need to take at least 1 to the draft in 2023.

Leaving aside the rules, we've brought in a lot of youth of late via the draft and trades, and Cerra isnt exactly old either.

Depending on who Cerra choices, Fremantle can get very demanding like the Cats did with Kelly.

If Cerra wants to go home for family reasons, then Fremantle will have multiple clubs wanting him.

Dockers can play hardball and at least demand something of value.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Depending on who Cerra choices, Fremantle can get very demanding like the Cats did with Kelly.

If Cerra wants to go home for family reasons, then Fremantle will have multiple clubs wanting him.

Dockers can play hardball and at least demand something of value.
General consensus something top 10 and steak knives in way of a 2nd or a player?

I still think he'll get a nice offer from the Dockers to stay but there is some cashed up big spending Vic clubs that could do with a young midfielder like Cerra

Carlton, North Melbourne and possibly Essendon would be interested

General consensus something top 10 and steak knives in way of a 2nd or a player?

I still think he'll get a nice offer from the Dockers to stay but there is some cashed up big spending Vic clubs that could do with a young midfielder like Cerra

Carlton, North Melbourne and possibly Essendon would be interested
If I was Cerra I would be selecting Essendon.

He will get good coin and the team seems to be on the right track.

North Melbourne are years away from finals.

Essendon are younger than the Carlton.

If I was Cerra I would be selecting Essendon.

He will get good coin and the team seems to be on the right track.

North Melbourne are years away from finals.

Essendon are younger than the Carlton.
Depends if success or money is his goal

North could throw a massive offer

Why would the other club think that is a good thing? That's terrible list management. We're going to low ball Freo in trade and if they call us out you're good to go to North yeah? That's just stupid.

Ross and JL have talked up Cerra's professionalism. Do you think a highly professional player deals with a Mickey Mouse club like that? This isn't a video game.
You know you are dealing with a noddy when they bring in the so called psd threat.

Depends if success or money is his goal

North could throw a massive offer
That is the issue for sure.

That's why an Essendon is a good mix between money and success.

Tigers don't have the cap space but they promise success.

The other top Victorian clubs don't have the cap space but the bottom clubs do.

Is the Blues in play? Depends how Cerra rates their list?

If he rates Carlton, then he will be the mix between coin and cup.

That is the issue for sure.

That's why an Essendon is a good mix between money and success.

Tigers don't have the cap space but they promise success.

The other top Victorian clubs don't have the cap space but the bottom clubs do.

Is the Blues in play? Depends how Cerra rates their list?

If he rates Carlton, then he will be the mix between coin and cup.

Money may be a factor, but Cerra doesn't strike me was the type who would want to screw Freo over.

If he wants to join North, he would ensure trade would be done.

I actually think Essendon are lurking behind the scenes quietly, the media is talking about its down to Carlton or Richmond, the Dons have the cap space, list demographic and draft pick(s) to get a deal done with Fremantle.

He probably fits in Essendon and where their current list is projecting the best imo.

Money may be a factor, but Cerra doesn't strike me was the type who would want to screw Freo over.

I actually think Essendon are lurking behind the scenes quietly, the media is talking about its down to Carlton or Richmond, the Dons have the cap space, list demographic and draft pick(s) to get a deal done with Fremantle.

He probably fits in Essendon and where their current list is projecting the best imo.
Cerra wouldn't screw Freo for sure as he is a quality guy.

North are just too far back in terms of success.

I agree that the Bombers have a better fit for Cerra.

Then again, he might that a Cripps, Walsh and Cerra if a super starting square.

Trade Scenario:

Western Bulldogs
Gain- Pick 29, 42 and 54
Lose- Pick 18

Richmond Gain- Cerra, Pick 28 and 60
Richmond lose- Chol, Pick 10, 29, 42 and 47

Fremantle Gain- Pick 10, 18 and 47
Fremantle lose- Cerra and pick 28

Gold Coast Gain- Chol
Gold Coast lose- Pick 54 and 60

Richmond receive: Adam Cerra, Pick 28(Frem) and pick 60(GC)
Fremantle Receive: Pick 10(Rich), Pick 18(WB) and pick 47(Rich)
Gold Coast receive: Mabior Chol
Western Bulldogs receive: Pick 29(Rich), Pick 42(Rich) and pick 54(GC)

Trade Scenario:

Western Bulldogs
Gain- Pick 29, 42 and 54
Lose- Pick 18

Richmond Gain- Cerra, Pick 28 and 60
Richmond lose- Chol, Pick 10, 29, 42 and 47

Fremantle Gain- Pick 10, 18 and 47
Fremantle lose- Cerra and pick 28

Gold Coast Gain- Chol
Gold Coast lose- Pick 54 and 60

Richmond receive: Adam Cerra, Pick 28(Frem) and pick 60(GC)
Fremantle Receive: Pick 10(Rich), Pick 18(WB) and pick 47(Rich)
Gold Coast receive: Mabior Chol
Western Bulldogs receive: Pick 29(Rich), Pick 42(Rich) and pick 54(GC)

Chol is an unrestricted FA no trade needed.

I think the Bombers have been projecting for a while now and still have not won a final in God knows how long.Opposition supporters can sit back and laugh and knock the Roos but lets just see were the Bombers Blues and Roos are at in lets say 2 years I expect to get bombed for my post left right and centre but i will just let my mob do the talking for me.

Loving the Freo supporters demanding 2 x 1sts for an uncontracted Cerra with North sitting at 1 in the PSD and millions of cash to spare and in need of just such a player.

A mid 1st for him is more than enough considering the context.

If you guys are happy to let him fall to North for a big salary and no return, I applaud your resolve even if I disagree with it from a list management position.
I know it’s a hypothetical, but I really doubt that he’s even leaving, let alone coming to North. Many other Vic clubs can simply offer more extra perks than us and aren’t languishing in last undergoing a massive rebuild. We pretty much been on the record that our first isn’t going to be traded at all, so it would have to involve future picks if it eventuated.

Back