Traded Adam Cerra traded to Carlton for pick #6 and F3

If he leaves (as widely reported), what will Freo get in return?

• Two good 1st round picks

• Top 10 pick and change

• A 1st & a 2nd

• Later 1st rounder

• Two 2nd rounders

• Early 2nd rounder

• Other 2nd round pick

• Less than a 2nd rounder

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

You reckon he wants to add more to a 750k contract? Surely he knows that's the limit. It's not like he's shooting the lights out atm.

Exactly, so a strong end of the year might entice a Vic club to up their offer and potentially force Freo to match.

Cerra is going to get 750k minimum either way.

I'm not disagreeing but I find that hard to believe. Surely if he "wants to stay" he just signs a 2 year deal and we can put this circus to bed?

My completely uninformed view is that if this is in fact true then the club are basically saying "well if you want to stay heres a 4 year deal for you to sign". To which Adam and his management are saying "i'd prefer two".

Not if he nominates us.

True, he would probably prefer 500k at Richmond then 700k at Carlton. I mean to be part of that incredible culture and to have the amazing future that list has it all makes perfect sense.

True, he would probably prefer 500k at Richmond then 700k at Carlton. I mean to be part of that incredible culture and to have the amazing future that list has it all makes perfect sense.
:rolleyes:

Well all reports are us, blues or freo for one. There's no chance we'd fork out 750k for him. Freo are desperate to keep him and Carlton are Carlton, they love over paying.

If he's desperate to get home and it's between Carlton and tigers, it's a pretty easy decision if he's willing to forego some cash initially.

Well all reports are us, blues or freo for one. There's no chance we'd fork out 750k for him. Freo are desperate to keep him and Carlton are Carlton, they love over paying.

If he's desperate to get home and it's between Carlton and tigers, it's a pretty easy decision if he's willing to forego some cash initially.

What makes you so sure of this? Your making an assumption.
If Carltons offer is 750k as reported then i highly doubt he would be considering a Richmond offer if its any less then 650k.

If Carltons offer is 750k as reported then i highly doubt he would be considering a Richmond offer if its any less then 650k.

yep!

can’t see Carlton offering that much either. Every game Walsh plays his price goes up. They can’t have too much left over with some of their additions

Of course it's an assumption. 750 would make him our highest paid player after Cotchin, Lynch and Dusty. It'd be a slap in the face of plenty of the 3 time premiership players we already have on the list to bring in Cerra or the like and pay him more. We're not talking about a superstar here.

TBH I can't even see blues offering that much. He's just not worth that.

I doubt that. Carlton has been rebuilding for ages and should be finally coming into a period of sustained success. Cerra fits their needs perfectly and would allow Cripps to spend more time forward. The rumours are that Carlton has offered significantly more than 700K.

Of course it's an assumption. 750 would make him our highest paid player after Cotchin, Lynch and Dusty. It'd be a slap in the face of plenty of the 3 time premiership players we already have on the list to bring in Cerra or the like and pay him more. We're not talking about a superstar here.

TBH I can't even see blues offering that much. He's just not worth that.
You kinda are in terms of how he compares to other great players at this time in his career. But yeah whatever. The rumours are the Blues have offered 850K. Not 700K as that's how much we have offered and Carlton have trumped us as they see him as the last piece of their midfield puzzle.

You kinda are in terms of how he compares to other great players at this time in his career. But yeah whatever. The rumours are the Blues have offered 850K. Not 700K as that's how much we have offered and Carlton have trumped us as they see him as the last piece of their midfield puzzle.
Where have you heard 850k? That would be ridiculous and horrendous list management

Where have you heard 850k? That would be ridiculous and horrendous list management
Completely untrue, no chance in hell we would offer that with Walsh OOC next year. Unless players like Mcgovern and Curnow have taken massive pay cuts and Murphy and Casboult are each on 700k there is no way we could offer that sort of money.

Completely untrue, no chance in hell we would offer that with Walsh OOC next year. Unless players like Mcgovern and Curnow have taken massive pay cuts and Murphy and Casboult are each on 700k there is no way we could offer that sort of money.
Haha if it were true, you would need to cough up 2 mill a year for Walsh at this rate haha

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Honestly not convinced it is an easy decision for him between those two if he is looking to win a flag.

The current premiers or the club in the middle of a full review.... :$
So similar to the Hawks in 2016/Tigers16?

Cerra is young and will be looking to go to a team that can contend for the he better part of a decade.

Walsh, Weitering, McKay is more tempting to me than what Richmond can sell going forward.

Cerra is young and will be looking to go to a team that can contend for the he better part of a decade.

Walsh, Weitering, McKay is more tempting to me than what Richmond can sell going forward.
So was Murphy, Gibbs and Kreuzer a few years ago supposedly.

No, not really similar to Hawks 2016. We haven't ignored the draft like Hawks did through their run. We haven't traded anyone in for 5 years. Lazy comparison.

So was Murphy, Gibbs and Kreuzer a few years ago supposedly.

No, not really similar to Hawks 2016. We haven't ignored the draft like Hawks did through their run. We haven't traded anyone in for 5 years. Lazy comparison.
Walsh, McKay and Weitering have already shown more than what those 3 had…

Lazy comparison
Also richmond 2017-2020 are a better side then the 2013-2015 Hawks.
That’s bait

yep!

can’t see Carlton offering that much either. Every game Walsh plays his price goes up. They can’t have too much left over with some of their additions

Murphy, Casboult, Betts, Newnes and maybe also Ed Curnow are likely delisted this year or next at an absolute stretch.

Martin and Williams were front loaded deals as well, so I think we can work something out.

yep!

We will have plenty at the end of the year with Murphy, Betts, Casboult and possibly Curnow departing. Martin's contract tailed off 400k this year, while Williams and Saad's contracts were also front-loaded.

If it's going to be the difference between signing Cerra we're going to pony up an additional 100k, which is less than 1% TPP.

Murphy, Casboult, Betts, Newnes and maybe also Ed Curnow are likely delisted this year or next at an absolute stretch.

Martin and Williams were front loaded deals as well, so I think we can work something out.

Oh no doubt. Was more of a joke of how well Walsh is going haha.
not gonna pretend to know anyone’s salary cap, but I’m assuming it’s a little snug haha

Was Casbault really on $700k??? My god, who signed that contract. I bet Levi couldn't sign it quick enough

Exactly, so a strong end of the year might entice a Vic club to up their offer and potentially force Freo to match.

Cerra is going to get 750k minimum either way.
After todays Result and watching Carlton lost to North. I would be shocked if Cerra Chooses Carlton lol

But thats your opinion......

Personally, If I was Adam Cerra, I would be Leaning towards Richmond.

Richmonds Squad may be Ageing. But for Richmond, Adding a 22 year old Adam cerra would be nice. Cotchin is 31 and Martin is 30 years old. Regardless if Richmond make finals this season. In 2022 and 2023, Richmond are still good enough make and win finals.

As for Carlton, their core is good. Mckay is a Good KPF. Weitering is a good KPD. Walsh, Cripps and Docherty are good mids. So thats a good core right there.

Anything can happen with carlton. They can continue to stay in the bottom 6. They can contest for a finals spot next season or, and yes this is unlikely bolt up the ladder like Brisbane did in 2019 or Demons this year.

Back