Traded Adam Cerra traded to Carlton for pick #6 and F3

If he leaves (as widely reported), what will Freo get in return?

• Two good 1st round picks

• Top 10 pick and change

• A 1st & a 2nd

• Later 1st rounder

• Two 2nd rounders

• Early 2nd rounder

• Other 2nd round pick

• Less than a 2nd rounder

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

If we did finish last i would be just offering a take it or leave it offer 20 and Collingwoods 2nd pick. Could maybe add a future 2nd. No way would a 1st rounder be involved due to the risk of missing out of another top 4 pick next year.

If they don't want it, take him in the preseason draft. Freo won't like it but we aren't going to be offering a 1st that we own

If we did finish last i would be just offering a take it or leave it offer 20 and Collingwoods 2nd pick. Could maybe add a future 2nd. No way would a 1st rounder be involved due to the risk of missing out of another top 4 pick next year.

If they don't want it, take him in the preseason draft. Freo won't like it but we aren't going to be offering a 1st that we own
Get ready to be reemed by future clubs if you dont wanna trade fair then haha

I actually think you guys have done quite well. Mitchell for what pick 13 odd? Good buy that

We have always traded fair and one thing under Graeme Wright was we'd always try get deals done with a club once the players nominated us, with Wright leaving will be interesting to see how we trade going forward.

We definitely aren't in a position to trade our current or future first, so don't think you'd get the best deal trading with hawthorn as others have said our two 2nds is most I'd personally offer given our situation.

We certainly paid overs for both Wingard & O'Meara.

We have always traded fair and one thing under Graeme Wright was we'd always try get deals done with a club once the players nominated us, with Wright leaving will be interesting to see how we trade going forward.

If you guys had pick 2 and traded it for Cerra. Would you call it a loss?

We definitely aren't in a position to trade our current or future first, so don't think you'd get the best deal trading with hawthorn as others have said our two 2nds is most I'd personally offer given our situation.

and everyone at the time, except Hawthorn, thought you were overpaying for those two!

If you guys had pick 2 and traded it for Cerra. Would you call it a loss?

Yeah I'd say so. Besides Horne & Callaghan you can make an arguement that Cerra is more valuable then any other player in the current draft.

But given our situation I'd take the top two pick get either Horne or Callaghan on their rookie contract and hope they fulfill their potential.

This bloke is so overrated and anyone thinking of paying him $750k/year needs to slap themselves.

He's worth about 2/3 that at the moment at best and if he wants to come to Richmond I certainly wouldn't be offering him anywhere near that.

Freo shouldn’t take anything than a top 5 pick plus another pick in the late teens. Cerra with few years of development and ready to explode.

That values Cerra higher than Kelly. Do you really think he's worth more?

Kelly was traded for the equivalent of Pick 2, but West Coast essentially paid more (on a points base) due to the actual picks they traded as they couldn't get a pick in the top 10, so they needed to pay more.

In terms of pick value it will be somewhere around Pick 6-10. I still think the value will be somewhere around the Prestia trade (Pick 6 offset by an upgrade of a later pick - so somewhere value wise around Pick 9)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This bloke is so overrated and anyone thinking of paying him $750k/year needs to slap themselves.

He's worth about 2/3 that at the moment at best and if he wants to come to Richmond I certainly wouldn't be offering him anywhere near that.
I dont know about overrated given his game on the weekend showed what you might get consistently in a couple of years but I agree he's not worth 750k. I'll actually be annoyed if we sign him up for that because he hasnt earnt it yet, especially if its a two year deal

The difference between Tim Kelly and Cerra is that Tim Kelly couldnt get to a WA club in any other way than a trade. PSD wasn't in question.

The bottom 3 sides currently are all victorian.

Its highly unlikely to come to PSD and i dont think it will.

But anything around pick 5-6 is very fair value

Kelly essentially went for pick 1-2 in the end

I dont know about overrated given his game on the weekend showed what you might get consistently in a couple of years but I agree he's not worth 750k. I'll actually be annoyed if we sign him up for that because he hasnt earnt it yet, especially if its a two year deal

When you're bringing a young player over at his age you're also paying for the player you believe he'd become, his game on the weekend is definitely a 750k player.

He's a good player, could be a gun player but you never know. No way would I sign him at 750k, whether it's a two or four year deal.

He's only 21, he has plenty of time to prove himself. Then he can be paid the big bucks. Too many players of late have been signed up on mega deals and then started cruising, don't want to risk that.

When you're bringing a young player over at his age you're also paying for the player you believe he'd become, his game on the weekend is definitely a 750k player.
Yeah, maybe I'm off because I think your paying a premium in draft picks but not money, maybe its because I dont care what clubs pay him if he leaves but want to get proper draft compensation.

For me, if he never improved on this year, you'd pay pick 6-10 and be happy you're going to get at least 200 games of very good football, something you'd pay 600k a year for.

Most likely he's going to improve per his game on the weekend so your going to have to sweeten pick 6-10 to get it done, so maybe you pay him 700k as well.

Remuneration is harder to prove on previous trades so its easy to guess what his draft cost will be then his pay

Freo fans will be surprised with SPS. Play him forward of centre on instinct and you’ll have a really good player. Not worth much at the trade table though. Also think you’re underselling Fisher who we’d expect a pick around 15-25 for.

Neither are going to big a big part of any trade for Cerra who is miles clear of them both as it stands.
I do rate SPS, But I am not keen for freo to pay way over the odds for him. Averages 15 or 16 disposals game. Its sort of expected where he was played in is career.

Up forward, could be that 25-30 goals a season small forward pocket player freo needs.

Fisher.... You expect pick 15-25 for? Is he contracted?

Freo shouldn’t take anything than a top 5 pick plus another pick in the late teens. Cerra with few years of development and ready to explode.
As much as I want freo to get a top 5 pick, we wont get it. I mean freo wanted a lot for Brad Hill back in 2019. Peter Bell demanded a couple of 1st rounders for the saints including their pick 5 or 6. Turned out a decent deal in the end.

Freo is more likely going to trade Cerra and a future 3rd for like pick 10, a 4th rounder and a future 2nd.

They don't have a choice. He is uncontractoed and wants to come home.
I rather Cerra goes to the tigers. at least richmond has picks to trade. The have WA players besides shai bolton as well.

Yeah I'd say so. Besides Horne & Callaghan you can make an arguement that Cerra is more valuable then any other player in the current draft.

But given our situation I'd take the top two pick get either Horne or Callaghan on their rookie contract and hope they fulfill their potential.
Its always gonna be a gamble but cerra is a proven player. Horne isnt although i must admit i havent watched draft vids

Serious question for Freo fans, where does Cerra rank right now in your midfield group?

Fyfe
Mundy
Brayshaw
Serong

I would suggest he's your 5th best mid?

There isnt another club in the comp that would expect 2 x 1st rounders for their 5th best mid. Keep in mind, hes the 5th best mid in a middle of the table club.

Maybe not overrated internally, but anyone wanting to pay him $750k or Shai Bolton north of $800k is definitely overrating both of them.

Currently they are B grade and play well every 2-3 weeks.

Back