Adam Cooney

I realise that the depth of on air talent is pretty slim these days but this bloke could possibly be the worst of the lot.

Inarticulate, unintelligent and extremely unfunny. If you want to do some self harm to yourself then listen to an hour with this idiot and Any Maher

Surely he will be off all airways within 12 months when his contract ends..............

Last edited:
Openly admitted he doesn't watch any football anymore, why the **** would I want to hear what you have to say! He probably works for cheap which is why you find him on crook media

He’s seriously said that? Yet he replaced Robert Shaw couple of years back.

Jul 6, 2015
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Despite having nothing to say, speaks with the entitled conviction of a bloke who's had smoke blown up his arse the second he held a football, even when he's ordering a pizza I'd hazard to guess.

I hit my missus up with a burger ring, get around me.

I say this as a supporter of a club he won a Brownlow for.

Please spare us Coons and just p!ss off and buy a pub.

Sep 27, 2005
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
Despite having nothing to say, speaks with the entitled conviction of a bloke who's had smoke blown up his arse the second he held a football, even when he's ordering a pizza I'd hazard to guess.

I hit my missus up with a burger ring, get around me.

I say this as a supporter of a club he won a Brownlow for.

Please spare us Coons and just p!ss off and buy a pub.

Some blokes play up the bogan thing, but with him it’s real.

david addison

Team Captain
Feb 3, 2016
AFL Club
Collingwood
Possibly the most anonymous ex player in the footy media for how much air time he gets. Can't remember one thing he's ever said.
I remember something he said this week, and it was probably the reason the players descended on their PA rep to complain about the way they're treated by the media. I won't repeat what he said, but it was a joke about Mason Cox, and Coons should ask himself 'would I have made that joke about a bulldogs player?' The answer would be no. It was the kind of crap usually reserved for social media. He shouldn't be peddling it on the airwaves. Maybe he's just depressed because his career highlight was winning a semi final. Big Mason's already played in a granny. That probably cuts.

Sep 27, 2005
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
All I remember is the Dogs supporting the bloke and his dodgy knees, asking for a release to the Bombers and then s****** on the Dogs at every opportunity along with his bogan mate Lake.

I think he once said he feels more like a Bomber these days. Anyways, hope that gives him some comfort this morning.

At this rate, he might get a call up for them this weekend.

Mr X

Club Legend
Jun 26, 2003
Round here
AFL Club
Geelong
Don't watch any footy shows at all anymore, and haven't for quite some time (years). Don't feel like I am missing anything.

I think I heard a month or so back that Cooney and Cam Luke are doing a late night Friday show, after the footy?

That must have been the week I was out of it when drugged up on meds for the flu and just imagined it, right? Who on earth would ever think that was a good idea or would work?

Feb 4, 2001
East Burwood
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Arsenal
All I remember is the Dogs supporting the bloke and his dodgy knees, asking for a release to the Bombers and then s****** on the Dogs at every opportunity along with his bogan mate Lake.

I think he once said he feels more like a Bomber these days. Anyways, hope that gives him some comfort this morning.

At this rate, he might get a call up for them this weekend.
We topped up once, not again D.R !!!

Coons should ask himself 'would I have made that joke about a bulldogs player?' The answer would be no. It was the kind of crap usually reserved for social media. He shouldn't be peddling it on the airwaves. Maybe he's just depressed because his career highlight was winning a semi final.

He probably would make that joke if it was a bulldogs player. He seemed happy enough to pot us when he went to Essendon, and after his retirement.

Just quietly I think winning the Brownlow might shade what Cox has achieved though. Cox would probably trade losing a grand final for that to be honest

Redline

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 18, 2006
adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Norwood
Cooney is filling in for Kane Cornes on SEN SA breakfast this week and next.

I think he is going for the first world problem and I am a larakin shtick which so many presenters fall into when looking for content.

To give you an example this morning at any opportunity he brought up the story that he wore the wrong shoes to the races yesterday. Someone like Ryan Fitzgerald and Brownless have made a career out of it but it gets boring.

Pragmatic Shill

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 2, 2017
AFL Club
Collingwood
Cooney is filling in for Kane Cornes on SEN SA breakfast this week and next.

I think he is going for the first world problem and I am a larakin shtick which so many presenters fall into when looking for content.

To give you an example this morning at any opportunity he brought up the story that he wore the wrong shoes to the races yesterday. Someone like Ryan Fitzgerald and Brownless have made a career out of it but it gets boring.
Brownless at least gives the impression of an approachable bloke at your local though. Cooney just seems like a "yeah the boys" style utensil.

Back